vCash

PJ Kwong catching up with Tomas Verner

So the new SP is Singin’ in The Rain

http://apps.pjkwong.com/blog/?e=5223...Tomas%20Verner

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Great blog! I <3 the Czech men, Verner and Brezina! Tomas is a skater you can't help but cheer for. What a charming personality he has! I would love to go "singing in the rain" with him any day . . . what great fun!

In the meantime, he is preparing for September Final exams at his university in Prague in order to complete his Bachelor of Sports Science before heading into a Master's program. He is a man who has been able to cram all of his annual studies at University into 2 months a year.
    What a hard worker he is to juggle this with his elite skating. I wish him all the best! Verner for the World podium, along with Takahashi and Abbott . . . I would cry with happiness at this reality!

vCash
    That academic dedication is impressive! Singin in The Rain seems like a good fit. I wish people discussed jump/technical layouts more - like they discussed music choices. I mean music is just half the equation. I guess most people would assume its going to quad/triple, triple axel, triple lutz-bu what if he changed it?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Carmarlengo for the SP

Thank you, as always, PJ!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    That academic dedication is impressive! Singin in The Rain seems like a good fit. I wish people discussed jump/technical layouts more - like they discussed music choices. I mean music is just half the equation. I guess most people would assume its going to quad/triple, triple axel, triple lutz-bu what if he changed it?
    If he's healthy etc. I don't think he will. Atleast not for the big competitions.

Thanks for the little Tomas blurb, I miss him here in Europe Can't wait to see the new stuff! I like the idea of singing in the rain
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

vCash
    The long is instrumental Michael Jackson. I think Camerlengo did this program, too.

vCash
    aww you spoil the surprise!

vCash
    Really love these music choices for Tomas! He is such a lovely guy, so cheerful, I hope he has a good season!

Also - any news on where he has decided to train for the upcoming season? I heard he was going to be spending a few weeks at a variety of venues to figure out where he liked training best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post

Also - any news on where he has decided to train for the upcoming season? I heard he was going to be spending a few weeks at a variety of venues to figure out where he liked training best.
    from the article
    "He says that he hasn't made any decisions, but is considering his options and will have to make up his mind by the end of August if he is to make a change."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I <3 the Czech men, Verner and Brezina!
    And I, for a change, love Tomas and his skating too much to be cool with Brezina being Czech no. 1, especially that he is so superboring in comparison to Tomas. But, on the other hand, who isn't? Anyways, I wouldn't mind Tomas getting back on track, landing some quads and becoming European and World champion. Ehm... have I gone too far dreaming?

I love his music choices, they're so... well, they're so Tomas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    And I, for a change, love Tomas and his skating too much to be cool with Brezina being Czech no. 1, especially that he is so superboring in comparison to Tomas. But, on the other hand, who isn't? Anyways, I wouldn't mind Tomas getting back on track, landing some quads and becoming European and World champion. Ehm... have I gone too far dreaming?

I love his music choices, they're so... well, they're so Tomas
    GREAT post . ITA. Brezina sure can jump but no one can work the crowd like Tomas can! And if that's not enough, when he's on Tomas is capable of the most beautiful jumps and IMO has probably the best 4t of all the men. And he's artistic, he can spin, his footwork is exciting, his edge quality nice.....Tomas really is the whole package, so with consistency I don't doubt he could be World Champion, and certainly he is capable of another European title. He got slammed a little in PCS last season but once he starts skating well again he's bound to get huge PCS just based on the amazing impression he'll make on the crowd and the judges. Plus I love his music choices and how he always (save last season) looks like he's enjoying himself when he skates. I'm hoping he pulls a Miki Ando and wins Worlds this year

vCash
    To add a little bit about Michal to this nice discussion (and do not opening wholy new thread), Michal is staying with his last year FP, but the SP is done by Camerlengo, too (he seems like a new guru for all Czech skaters, coaching also Hajkova - Vincour last season and did for them beautiful Edith Paif free dance).
    Michal´s SP music is some Japanese Historical Drums how he described the strange name to me (but don´t ask me for the original one which I forgot in 20 seconds).

BTW, Michal was also invited to Japan Open and it seems both Michal and Tomas will start their season in Nebelhorn Trophy (as well and Lucie and Matej).

vCash
    A great interwiew! Singing in the Rain will suit Verner so well! He s so light-footed in his step sequenses, like a real dancer. It was too bad for him last season, but great that he will come back. He is one of the rare skaters who have both artistry and technical ability, and his flstsp is one of the best ever.

Go Tomas! You have all the assest to become World Champion. (The only problem might be that he is too analytical and intellectual).