Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornyanko View Post

I disagree about complex steps being boring. 90's figure skating suffered too much from transitions that only consisted in crossovers and the typical jump-a-thon. Nobody can deny Buttle did fantastic step sequences but that's another topic.
    I don't agree with this at all. yes it's true with some programs but the best of the 90's had some amazing transition-filled programs as well, that was not a benefit created by COP. the best of 90's programs flowed way more seamlessly

vCash
    The funny thing is, with all the complaining about CoP spirals, the extensive flexibility and edge requirements under CoP will probably make the spirals we're going to see now be of better quality than the typical barely held and barely above the hip spirals of 6.0. (Bobek, Kwan, etc, where the exception.)

vCash
    Yes I think spirals are more interesting to watch now than it was under the 6.0 system. Before we could barely see a decent position achieved, the skater reached a more or less correct position and right away changed of position or lowered the leg. Now skaters have to hold positions and lift the leg, which is actually a very basic requirement for a correct spiral position !
    Last edited by Artifice; 08-04-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12