Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Is this interview even real? Did she really answer "practice and keep focused" for nearly every single question? I realize the interview was done by someone foreign, but still, her answers are a little odd.

It would be interesting to see Tara back on the ice somewhere. I had thought her hip problem was major enough where it just wasn't going to be possible, but maybe she still is allowed to skate in some capacity. It does seem that her love of skating has been rekindled lately... We've heard more from her in the past year than we have in about 10 years prior to that!
    I thought her answers were strange as well, didn't know her vocabulary was so limited. It was really short too to be giving the same answers, it's really lol -maybe it isn't her.

vCash
    Tara should go back to skating, because I think acting would have happened by now if it were going to happen.

She could coach and choreograph and I'm sure she would get invited to some shows. There's not much out there these days, but some of the TV specials would probably have her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    I thought her answers were strange as well, didn't know her vocabulary was so limited. It was really short too to be giving the same answers, it's really lol -maybe it isn't her.
    Yeah, study and practice and get it right. Well I guess that truly did describe her 'style', since there really wasn't any style to begin with. I was confused with the answers. She's either way too media trained and has her soundbites or she really has a pathetic command of the English language and can only resort to soundbites. Very sorry to read that 'interview'. The acting thing would have happened long ago. Bless her dear little heart if she's still thinking it's gonna happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Yeah, study and practice and get it right. Well I guess that truly did describe her 'style', since there really wasn't any style to begin with. I was confused with the answers. She's either way too media trained and has her soundbites or she really has a pathetic command of the English language and can only resort to soundbites. Very sorry to read that 'interview'. The acting thing would have happened long ago. Bless her dear little heart if she's still thinking it's gonna happen.
    It sounds like the interview was conducted via email. Maybe she is just used to writing short responses to questions...
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

YEAH!
    vCash
    I hope she does skate again... never cared for her eligible skating, but she grew tons as a pro. She's even more nature now. And she looks gorgeous lately.

She seems to be putting some feelers back in the skating world. I loved her commentary on Universal Sports. I'd like to think the skating community wouldn't hold events that happened when she was under 21 against her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It sounds like the interview was conducted via email. Maybe she is just used to writing short responses to questions...
    I was just going to say that...more likely, it could have been AIM or Gchat or something like that.

vCash
    Add me to the list of those who would be very happy to see her involved in skating again.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    It would be pretty pathetic if skaters are going to refuse to work with Tara because of alleged behavior from age 15-22. That's the stage of life that most people are maturing and learning how to become adults.
    Very true.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash

Is Tara returning to skating?

Quote Originally Posted by MoreIce View Post
    According to her April post on her website, she is back on the ice and doing some choreography in NY! Interesting!
    Could you provide a link to her website?

Thanks

vCash
    I like Tara a lot. It's great she won OG because she would never have made it through another cycle. Still, she had so much more to give artistically after 1998, it's a shame we couldn't see it develop in the amateur ranks.

I'm surprised she hasn't had a more developed career. She's very intelligent and articulate. My money says she ends up in broadcasting. I think her size limits what she can do in entertainment...just like how Justin Timberlake would be in a million movies if he didn't sound like a pipsqueak. You play with the cards....

I wouldn't be surprised if she started back training. I mean she won't be drilling 3/3 combos. Just the sal and toe and if she's ambitious the loop which was easy for her, so her body might hold up. I thought Scott Hamilton was reviving pro competitions...?

If she gets really good and develops upper body strength I'd love to see her bulldoze Sasha and saddle up next to Rockne...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Not much.

I got a kick out of this:

What exactly is she doing these days? Hard to see how she wouldn't have a lot of free time.
    I'm not a huge Tara fan, but in her defense, at the very least her Fall and Winter's have been busy with skating commentary for NBC/Universal Sports.

vCash
    here's her site: http://www.taralipinski.com/index2.htm

and her latest message is on the home page. I would LOVE if she skated again. Her last program was 2002 Ice Wars, when she skated to Paint it Black and To where you are. I miss watching her skate!!

vCash
    She should seriously go for coaching. Won't damage her hip and she can wear isolating clothes to keep her warm. The US is dying of starvation because of a lack of A-list new coaches. Guys like Frank Carroll aren't going to be around forever.

She's like what? 27 now right? I can see her doing probably doubles, but not triples and much less with her hip damage that's probably permanent. I wouldn't be surprised if she even had hip replacement surgery which would have automatically ended her career.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornyanko View Post
    She should seriously go for coaching. Won't damage her hip and she can wear isolating clothes to keep her warm. The US is dying of starvation because of a lack of A-list new coaches. Guys like Frank Carroll aren't going to be around forever.
    A-list? Errr, I don't know about that one. I don't think the US needs any more coaches teaching US ladies to hammer-toe flutz and UR their triple+triples. The US certainly doesn't need Lipinski's atrocious 2Axel technique being passed down to generations.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-01-2010 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I thought Scott Hamilton was reviving pro competitions...?

If she gets really good and develops upper body strength I'd love to see her bulldoze Sasha and saddle up next to Rockne...

Scott is trying to bring back Pro comps ? I really hope he is able to do it, because I would really like to see Lambiel and Kulik in the same ice.

Tara and Rockne skating pairs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    A-list? Errr, I don't know about that one. I don't think the US needs any more coaches teaching US ladies to hammer-toe flutz and UR their triple+triples. The US certainly doesn't need Lipinski's atrocious 2Axel technique being passed down to generations.
    I highly doubt she would teach others to do it the same way that she did. Regardless of what skaters do... most of them know the more proper technique to aim for, etc.. and just can't do it.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEKINGMOO View Post
    I'm not a huge Tara fan, but in her defense, at the very least her Fall and Winter's have been busy with skating commentary for NBC/Universal Sports.
    Was it more than one fall and one winter? I can't remember.

vCash
    I'm happy to hear about Tara and futur project related to figure skating. However her interview makes me a little sad for her. It seems that she missed something after her olympic triumph. She could have done studies, become a coach, a full time commentator... instead she's been sticking to an hypothetic and not really succesfull acting career for 10 years ! And she still wants to pursue in that direction without trying anything else (at least not publicaly, who knows, but still, she's talking about herself here), except skating in shows.

With such an early success, she had plenty of time to enter studies, she even might have been bright, there were so many things for her to do thanks to her young age when she won. Ok, she doesn't need money now, she has plenty of it, but look at Michelle Kwan and how well rounded and successfull adult she's become. I believe Tara let go a lot of good opportunities. I think she didn't take benefit of her early success. There's nothing much to say about her now, contrary to what she says, her life doesn't seem to be busy at all.
    And her answers seem a little too short, like the "practice and keep focused" all the time. She could have answered more than that.
    Hopefully she will come back and skate, she was such a brilliant artist. And now that she has more maturity she can use that to show great programs. I've seen a few ones before she retired and it was so beautifull, mature, she has such grace, charisma, it would be a shame not to see how far she can go artistically wise (with 2 or 3 triples probably because she is a great technician to).

vCash
    I would really like to see Lambiel and Kulik in the same ice.
    Wow, am I with you dots - the very thought of it makes me smile ear to ear!! Now that would be something special, really special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I like Tara a lot. It's great she won OG because she would never have made it through another cycle. Still, she had so much more to give artistically after 1998, it's a shame we couldn't see it develop in the amateur ranks.

I'm surprised she hasn't had a more developed career. She's very intelligent and articulate. My money says she ends up in broadcasting. I think her size limits what she can do in entertainment...just like how Justin Timberlake would be in a million movies if he didn't sound like a pipsqueak. You play with the cards....

I wouldn't be surprised if she started back training. I mean she won't be drilling 3/3 combos. Just the sal and toe and if she's ambitious the loop which was easy for her, so her body might hold up. I thought Scott Hamilton was reviving pro competitions...?

I totally agree!!! I think she would be a great replacement for Sandra & Scott as a commentator. I hope she ends up in broadcasting.

If she does come back to skating professionally, you can be sure that she will be prepared she always was when she skated competitively and professionally I've always loved Tara I hope we see her soon!!!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast