Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    That's patently untrue, especially when the silver and bronze medalists had lutz with outside edge.
    Um did you not see the word "almost" in my post. Furthermore, don't know about Lu but Kwan was a flutzer. But again, back then it wasn't the end of the world if one flutzed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    Um did you not see the word "almost" in my post. Furthermore, don't know about Lu but Kwan was a flutzer. But again, back then it wasn't the end of the world if one flutzed.
    Well, Kwan only flutzed about 50% of the time, and that was pretty much after 2000. In 1998 she had "real" lutzes, even if the takeoff edge wasn't particularly deep. (This being said by someone who agreed with Tara's win.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Well, Kwan only flutzed about 50% of the time, and that was pretty much after 2000. In 1998 she had "real" lutzes, even if the takeoff edge wasn't particularly deep. (This being said by someone who agreed with Tara's win.)
    Right. I mean it wasn't Butyrskaya or Sebestyen's deep outside edge, but it wasn't a flutz either. Her 1998 SP Lutz combo was a thing of beauty compared to her lutzes later (which seemed to rock on both edges before takeoff).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enero View Post
    Yes I got "almost everyone" part. That means at the very least, more than half and close to 100 percent of the ladies flutzed, which I disagree. I think Tara and Nicole having marked flutz. As VIETgrlTerifa said, Kwan had perfectly adequate lutz back then, and add to the mix the likes of Slutskaya, Chen, Butyrskaya, Sebestyen, etc. Actually, Slutskaya's might have been closer to flatz.
    That penalizing flutz is a new phenomenon under CoP is an urban legend. Jedges could justify deducting technical marks for flutz even if they were allowed more discretion to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    That penalizing flutz is a new phenomenon under CoP is an urban legend. Jedges could justify deducting technical marks for flutz even if they were allowed more discretion to do so.
    Especially during the SPs starting in the late 90s to the advent of the COP when the judges had to start nitpicking details to differentiate the skaters who were doing comparable tech. difficulty in terms of jumps.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Wait, so is Tara coming back or not? Might be news my sister might like.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBerkeley View Post
    Wait, so is Tara coming back or not? Might be news my sister might like.
    If we knew, this thread would be half as long and twice as interesting .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I thought she was making a comeback for Sochi!

for Sochi? Emmmmmmmmmmm. big surprise

vCash
    I would love to see Tara on ice actually. Would be interesting to see what if anything she is capable of.

vCash
    maybe she'll return to the ice as a coach

vCash
    is there a reason this thread hasn't been moved to the Trash Can? It's really moved off the topic a lot

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Yes, probably should have been ages ago.

*POOF*
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I was never a Tara fan as far as her personality, but I'd welcome her back to performing to spice up the skating world a bit. I wish the shows in the US would kick back up into high gear. I miss going to see numerous skating shows. I imagine when another star comes along that really grabs people again in the US, it'll return....it just may be a while.

vCash
    Wait for the moment.......

vCash
    I feel like we should have some kind of graduation ceremony for having posted in this thread for so long.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I feel like we should have some kind of graduation ceremony for having posted in this thread for so long.
    Sorry, this thread is like the original Beverly Hills 90210 (although there is a cast member in the current 90210 who is 31 years old playing a high school student). You'll likely be in your early 40s and still be attending high school.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728