Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    Tara might have to be content with being back up for skaters like Asada, Kim, Ando etc. who are superstars in the countries where it would be possible for Tara to tour.

We really need more Pro shows/ small competitions here in the states. When I saw Michelle skate at that show in Korea I was like..." Bring back World Pros !!" I wonder if Pro Skating will ever comeback in the states.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I am sorry but the "acting career' is getting old. Kind of like a friend of mine whose 50... ask him what he does "I am an actor" ask the rest of us "he's a waiter" His "acting" gigs are only slightly less the Tara's
    If you love it, and still do it when you can - then *that's* you. Not your day job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    If you love it, and still do it when you can - then *that's* you. Not your day job.
    I agree.

( can't believe I agree with a 7 year old ) hehe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    I wonder how she would look on the ice after such a long absence

hmm
    Probably no worse than what we saw from Michelle for her recent exhibition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    We really need more Pro shows/ small competitions here in the states. When I saw Michelle skate at that show in Korea I was like..." Bring back World Pros !!" I wonder if Pro Skating will ever comeback in the states.
    Seriously ... wouldn't Tara and Michelle together make a great event? A show, at least, even if not a competition.

vCash
    I wonder if she put that out there as a feeler to see if anyone would bite. Has anyone seen her skating in LA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    That is a myth at best... you only have to look around to notice how often coaches, judges, promoters, or even skater themselves are able to be errr forgiven for their indiscretions.
    Sorry, but it's not a myth. And it's not just about indiscretions....it's about the reputation someone builds for him/herself over the years.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Sorry, but it's not a myth. And it's not just about indiscretions....it's about the reputation someone builds for him/herself over the years.
    Well, remember that FSU does not reflect "reality" Things that were "rumored" to happen 20 years ago are treated at "reality" on here. I expect that it's just like real life. Some folks forgive and forget and some don't....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Well, remember that FSU does not reflect "reality" .
    True, but I wasn't thinking of FSU. I was thinking of my own experiences with the sport. And in my experience there are plenty of people in skating who can remember very well what someone else did 20 years ago, and who still don't want to work with that person because of it.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    I wonder how she would look on the ice after such a long absence

hmm
    I'm willing to find out...

vCash
    Good for her if she could return. I have missed seeing her on the ice.

I really miss the professional competitions we had in the late '90's.

vCash
    According to her April post on her website, she is back on the ice and doing some choreography in NY! Interesting!

vCash
    True, but I wasn't thinking of FSU. I was thinking of my own experiences with the sport. And in my experience there are plenty of people in skating who can remember very well what someone else did 20 years ago, and who still don't want to work with that person because of it.
    Yeah...not expecting to see Tonya Harding coming back any time soon.....

vCash
    Its about time. Its been what, 9 or 10 years? Tara is such a mystery.

vCash
    IIRC, Tara stopped skating because she had developed arthritis in her hip and the cold, damp atmosphere of the rink caused her extreme pain. That makes me wonder how she can return to the ice without risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    IIRC, Tara stopped skating because she had developed arthritis in her hip and the cold, damp atmosphere of the rink caused her extreme pain. That makes me wonder how she can return to the ice without risk.
    wasn't michelle's injury in 06 just as grave? someone was talking about sth regarding her hip coming apart from her sacrum or sth

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Probably no worse than what we saw from Michelle for her recent exhibition.
    well michelle stopped competing in 2006. didn't tara stop in 2001?

my comment was also in reference to how she would look in general...I mean I stopped watching her after she quit the amateur ranks in 98. she was just a lil girl then. she must have developed since then

vCash
    Well, while "we" think they need more shows, the truth is the shows don't bring in any $$$ so.... there aren't enough of us So there probably won't be more shows

vCash
    Is this interview even real? Did she really answer "practice and keep focused" for nearly every single question? I realize the interview was done by someone foreign, but still, her answers are a little odd.

It would be interesting to see Tara back on the ice somewhere. I had thought her hip problem was major enough where it just wasn't going to be possible, but maybe she still is allowed to skate in some capacity. It does seem that her love of skating has been rekindled lately... We've heard more from her in the past year than we have in about 10 years prior to that!

vCash
    It would be pretty pathetic if skaters are going to refuse to work with Tara because of alleged behavior from age 15-22. That's the stage of life that most people are maturing and learning how to become adults.

vCash
    That is a good news. I wonder how is her skating these days !

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast