Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tara May be Returning to the Ice

TARA: Right now I am still trying out for acting and maybe even going back to the ice professionally soon.

http://worldskating.blogspot.com/201...p-on-your.html

vCash
    Is there any "professional" skating left to go to???

vCash
    Be nice to see her skate again!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly On The Wall View Post
    Is there any "professional" skating left to go to???
    Not much.

I got a kick out of this:

VLAD: I think you don’t have a lot of free time. But how do you prefer to spend your day off?
    What exactly is she doing these days? Hard to see how she wouldn't have a lot of free time.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    What exactly is she doing these days? Hard to see how she wouldn't have a lot of free time.
    How would you know the amount of free time she has if you don't know what she is doing these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    How would you know the amount of free time she has if you don't know what she is doing these days.
    Well, she said she was "trying out" for acting (as in not actual jobs yet) and is thinking about going back to the ice (meaning she hasn't yet), and she didn't mention anything else, so....

Maybe I should have phrased it as what is she doing so that she doesn't have free time....

It's kind of sad, actually. From all of her interviews, she always talked about wanting to be a skater, skate professionally, etc, and then SOI was a bust due to her hip problems, and since then, she's sort of slipped into oblivion. Someone as ambitious and goal-oriented as her could have done a lot of things (like go to college and get a degree for when you can't skate anymore).
    Last edited by Debbie S; 07-30-2010 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Someone as ambitious and goal-oriented as her could have done a lot of things (like go to college and get a degree for when you can't skate anymore).
    I definitely agree! She certainly seems to be a private person. Maybe she is spending her time doing something constructive/productive and wants to keep that to herself away from the public, as her "me" time. Who knows? Not every public person chooses to state every detail of his/her life as an open book for the entire world to know.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Maybe she wants to skate with YuNa Kim. (Sorry, I didn't help myself resist.)

I can't imagine that she'd have the pull for her own show. With whom is she tight in the show world? Her colleagues are from quite a while ago in skating terms.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I am sorry but the "acting career' is getting old. Kind of like a friend of mine whose 50... ask him what he does "I am an actor" ask the rest of us "he's a waiter" His "acting" gigs are only slightly less the Tara's

Maybe since she and Weir became such good friends during World's they could do a show...

vCash
    I thought she was making a comeback for Sochi!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I can't imagine that she'd have the pull for her own show. With whom is she tight in the show world? Her colleagues are from quite a while ago in skating terms.
    And IIRC she POed a lot of the Stars on Ice crowd (like when she was threatening to write a tell-all book about what "really" happened on those tours). And those are the people that seem to be involved in most of the pro skating ventures these days.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And IIRC she POed a lot of the Stars on Ice crowd (like when she was threatening to write a tell-all book about what "really" happened on those tours). And those are the people that seem to be involved in most of the pro skating ventures these days.
    Gee, that's been water under the bridge for what, 10-11 years now. If these adults hold grudges that long, maybe they all need to go back to pre-school. I hope, for Tara's sake, that she has done a lot of maturing since she made those remarks.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Gee, that's been water under the bridge for what, 10-11 years now. If these adults hold grudges that long, maybe they all need to go back to pre-school.
    Maybe they do, but skating tends to be a small world with a long memory....
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash

OMG TARA !!!

What fantastic set of news. I really hope we get to see Tara on the ice again Her PRO career was cut short and hopefully her body has healed enough to be a ble to skate on some shows here and there.

As for the acting... most people who try acting won't succeed, but if that's what makes her happy by all means keep trying. My neighbor has audition for roles for more than twenty years, and he finally got a lead on an independent film. I say good for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    but skating tends to be a small world with a long memory....
    That is a myth at best... you only have to look around to notice how often coaches, judges, promoters, or even skater themselves are able to be errr forgiven for their indiscretions.

vCash
    Honestly, there are more "old skaters" looking for work then shows to hold them all... IMHO

vCash
    I don't think Tara is an old skater, look at Todd eldridge. If the skating community can let tonya Harding in a show why not Tara? It be even nice if she could release a video of practice on YouTube or a website. I hope she does still practice.

vCash
    Tara might have to be content with being back up for skaters like Asada, Kim, Ando etc. who are superstars in the countries where it would be possible for Tara to tour.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In the description of Arakawa's show, she had a young skater in a number with four Ladies World Champions.

Even if SOI were will to hire Lipinski back how happy will she be to skate back-up to Miiiiiiiiiissssss...Sasha Cohen.

She might be able to get back in the circuit by doing everyone's charity fundraiser.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I wonder how she would look on the ice after such a long absence

hmm

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast