Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    South Atlantic for Regionals.
    Thanks. Which other skaters will likely be competing out of that region?
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Thanks. Which other skaters will likely be competing out of that region?
    Aside from Bulanhagui and Meissner, Rebecca Stern and Jamie Kim are the "big names" (both were top 4 last year). South Atlantics is Kristine Musademba's region, too, but she will likely get a bye through to Sectionals due to competing at Cup of China.

vCash
    Ah, thanks. No idea what level Kimmie is at right now, obviously, but if she does compete (big if) she could potentially make it out that region with relatively little difficulty.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I don't think Kimmie would have trouble getting out of regionals. Sectionals would be the issue certainly. With Cesario, Forte, Musademba, Bulanhagui, Maxwell (if she still competes), Firth (if she still competes), Siraj, Wyckoff, Zhang, etc., Kimmie would be hard pressed to make it to Nationals. In fact, the Eastern section is so packed, I think we might see some pretty big names not make it to Nats. this year, unfortunately. Hopefully some of the girls will have GP and JGP assignments to free it up a little bit. Imagine if Kristiene Gong hadn't moved her training base to CA!

vCash
    I don't believe Maxwell or Firth are competing this season (I think Taylor was trying out for pairs), but yes, Easterns is very stacked! It all depends on if any of the age-eligible girls make the JGPF. If Musademba picks up another GP assignment, she is likely to be given a bye straight to Nationals, which would free up another Easterns slot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I don't think Kimmie would have trouble getting out of regionals. Sectionals would be the issue certainly. With Cesario, Forte, Musademba, Bulanhagui, Maxwell (if she still competes), Firth (if she still competes), Siraj, Wyckoff, Zhang, etc., Kimmie would be hard pressed to make it to Nationals. In fact, the Eastern section is so packed, I think we might see some pretty big names not make it to Nats. this year, unfortunately. Hopefully some of the girls will have GP and JGP assignments to free it up a little bit. Imagine if Kristiene Gong hadn't moved her training base to CA!
    Cesario and Siraj have both been assigned to JGP. I think both girls have a decent shot of getting a 2nd assignment and qualifying for the JGPF, in which case they wouldn't compete at sectionals and Kimmie's chances would be improved.

vCash
    Has Cesario been assigned for sure? It's likely for certain, but is there anything in writing?

vCash
    at some comments here - even a token swipe at Sarah H.

And I can't believe people who downplay Christina Gao are even talking about the same person I saw at Skate Detroit. I'm not in the K & C forums so I didn't get a chance to rave about her at the time. But I watched her practice and saw her LP and she Blew Me Away. The YouTube vid did not do her justice, but the judges there saw what I saw.

If she stays healthy she is going to be a very big factor in the very near future. Take it to the bank.

vCash
    FYI, the off-topic part of this discussion has been moved to the general U.S. Ladies thread in the Trash Can (I've replied to Jenna's question about Cesario there as well): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=73496&page=5

vCash
    I have always got the impression that Meissner is a very nice person, perhaps even too nice? She lacks in the department of mental toughness, in my opinion. Maybe it is also time for her to forget "Kimmie" and start to compete under her real name, maybe that would help at least a liiittle bit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Maybe it is also time for her to forget "Kimmie" and start to compete under her real name, maybe that would help at least a liiittle bit?
    Interesting observation....time for her to compete as an adult and not a girl???

Her trajectory was straight up before the muscularity and jump problems sidetracked her.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I really hope she can be a serious factor this year... I've always loved watching her skating, and if she could find the determination to go for it,
    that would add a whole new exciting dimension to U.S. Ladiezzzzzz.
    At the very least we could drop one or two of the "z"s .....

Last edited by geod2; 08-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Maybe it is also time for her to forget "Kimmie" and start to compete under her real name, maybe that would help at least a liiittle bit?
    It's awkward when the last sound of a first name is the same as the first sound of the last. So Kimmmm MMMMeissner would be tough. It would have to be Kimberly Meissner. Either that, or she could do like the Canadians and use her middle name. Claire Meissner would be OK.

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    It's awkward when the last sound of a first name is the same as the first sound of the last. So Kimmmm MMMMeissner would be tough. It would have to be Kimberly Meissner. Either that, or she could do like the Canadians and use her middle name. Claire Meissner would be OK.
    Umm, I'd no sooner like seeing Claire Meissner then Pauline Cohen or Aileen Nagasu, Elizabeth Flatt, Anne Hughes. These just sound even more awkward Kimmie is a nice name, and considering she is a nice person I see no harm there

vCash
    Oh, I don't know.
    "Frank Lysacek" has a strong, masculine ring to it.

vCash
    I always forget that his middle name is Frank. Somehow that just doesn't suit him.

vCash
    Thank god. The "Kimmie needs to grow up and stop using the nickname that she actually likes" parade hasn't gone by in ages.

vCash
    FWIW, she did officially go by "Kimberly" at the 2008 U.S. Nationals, though the commentators and reporters still called her Kimmie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Oh, I don't know.
    "Frank Lysacek" has a strong, masculine ring to it.
    Frank Lysacek has a nice sound, but so does also Evan Lysacek. Evan is not a pet name like Kimmie is for Meissner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poggi View Post
    Umm, I'd no sooner like seeing Claire Meissner then Pauline Cohen or Aileen Nagasu, Elizabeth Flatt, Anne Hughes. These just sound even more awkward
    ...or Starr Czisny??? (that one's definitely awkward).

Maybe we should just call them what they want to be called (Uh, the way we prefer it for ourselves!!!)

vCash
    Maybe if Sasha went by Alexandra Cohen she would have been a World and Olympic champion. The childish diminutive was obviously what was holding her back. Hell, maybe if Kimmie went by Kimberly Meissner, she would have been a world Champion too. Oh, wait...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast