Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Sedated Santino makes me uncomfortable. I keep waiting for his meds to wear off.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The biggest disaster this season is Heidi's hair. Why is nobody talking about how matronly it is? Holy shiit.

vCash
    Here's Tim Gunn's recap of episode 1. I love his recaps!! It makes me feel like I'm not crazy.

http://www.facebook.com/TimGunn?ref=ts

vCash
    I liked both designs Gretchen has done thus far, so I'm not going to hate on her like others. I do think Valerie should have edged her out for the win though. That red dress was really well done.

Peach better pull it together. She dodged a bullet for sure!

Sorry to see Nick go. Bowler Hat guy made me LOL! He kept expecting them to see past the execution to understand the brilliance of his designs if he had more time. Well DUH! All the designers could do better with more time. What an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Here's Tim Gunn's recap of episode 1. I love his recaps!! It makes me feel like I'm not crazy.

Wow! He really expresses his opinions about the judging for the season. It sounds like we're going to have a lot more moments. He made a comment about "crack smoke judging" and says to just wait because the crack pipe is going to get bigger and bigger. We're going to see him actually step into one of the future judging sessions in front of the designers to challenge the judges. Can't wait!

vCash
    I liked both designs Gretchen has done thus far, so I'm not going to hate on her like others. I do think Valerie should have edged her out for the win though. That red dress was really well done.
    I liked everything about the red dress except the bottom.
    There was something about the hemline that seemed not to match the tailoring of the rest of the piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post

Thanks for posting this! Very informative.

vCash
    I know she was a love-her-or-hate-her competitor, but Laura Bennett's blog on this episode had me falling out of my chair. It's titled "I'll Have What They're Smoking."

As a follow-up to my comments about Gretchen, I have a serious question about the judging. Since the judges have emphasized both this week and last that they could picture all sorts of women wearing Gretchen's outfit, I'm curious about how many actual women can get away without wearing bras. Neither of Gretchen's outfits could be paired with a bra, which I think would really limit the appeal of the outfits. (I thought it might be possible for a woman to wear a blouse under the jumpsuit, but it would really mess up the look and make the woman look like an extra in a bad Star Trek rip-off.) I know that models are sticks so bras are rarely a consideration in judging, but when the judges are picking a design based on its broad appeal to all sorts of women, I would think that might be a consideration. (Not that I think jumpsuits have broad appeal, since they really only look good on the tall and thin.)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    AAAAAARRRRRGGGG. That pantsuit is right out of the 80s. Valerie or Mondo should've won.
    ITA, I liked Valerie's best, but Mondo's was really cute.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I know she was a love-her-or-hate-her competitor, but Laura Bennett's blog on this episode had me falling out of my chair. It's titled "I'll Have What They're Smoking."

As a follow-up to my comments about Gretchen, I have a serious question about the judging. Since the judges have emphasized both this week and last that they could picture all sorts of women wearing Gretchen's outfit, I'm curious about how many actual women can get away without wearing bras. Neither of Gretchen's outfits could be paired with a bra, which I think would really limit the appeal of the outfits. (I thought it might be possible for a woman to wear a blouse under the jumpsuit, but it would really mess up the look and make the woman look like an extra in a bad Star Trek rip-off.) I know that models are sticks so bras are rarely a consideration in judging, but when the judges are picking a design based on its broad appeal to all sorts of women, I would think that might be a consideration. (Not that I think jumpsuits have broad appeal, since they really only look good on the tall and thin.)
    Yeah, I am not getting the "Lots of women could wear it!" The only way that works is when in your world, "lots of women" means "tall flat women with very skinny legs". Which, to be honest, I think is what MK, Ninagarcia, and Heidi (and this week's guest judge, editor of the frantic-to-stay-relevant Marie Claire) think--fashionable clothes are for skinny women with no boobs who are 5'8", the rest of us fat cows should just wear mumus.

Even Valerie's dress, which should have won for color alone as at least it didn't look funerary, had what looked like big pockets over the hips. Because god knows I want a dress that poofs out at the widest part of my body.

And I didn't think Peach's dress was THAT bad itself (not NEARLY as bad as the judges' snickering implied), just the brown rickracky choker/backstrap was very ill-concieved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Y

And I didn't think Peach's dress was THAT bad itself (not NEARLY as bad as the judges' snickering implied), just the brown rickracky choker/backstrap was very ill-concieved.
    Take off the brown monstrosity and it's just a cute little dress from the junior department. Nothing original about it.

I'm not getting their fascination with Gretchen at all. I don't know anyone who would want to be seen in that outfit.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Take off the brown monstrosity and it's just a cute little dress from the junior department. Nothing original about it.

I'm not getting their fascination with Gretchen at all. I don't know anyone who would want to be seen in that outfit.
    Yeah, it wasn't fashion forward, but it wasn't the crime against humanity they seemed to think it was (and if I can look good in a cute little sundress at seventy, go me.) There was a lot worse up there, including Gretchen's. Second week in a row she draped them in dark colors, and this time with a cut no one but the emaciated seventeen-year-old Russian girls most modeling agency like to hire could wear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Yes, the red queen is a pickle sometimes (e.g. OTT obsession with a certain tatooed competitor), but I completely agree with her assessments of the first two weeks this season.

Hence the title of this article, because I want to know in what alternate universe a denim, dolman-sleeved jumpsuit with a retractable neckline and elastic at the ankles is ageless and or timeless. Put down your pipes, people. I challenge you to put that jumpsuit on anyone over 20 in any time but the eighties. The good news is that now that I know what the Marie Claire reader wears, I don't have to run out and buy a magazine.
    I called the outfit "Pep Boys mechanic's coveralls", but, yes, 80s is another apt adjective for that drab costume. Gretchen is boring, and her two outfits a drab and cheap looking (hanging in the PR workroom, that black dress looks like one of the $15 Wal-Mart witch costumes for Halloween! It's only missing the pointy hat.) ....................... but it's very apparent that we've got our first finalist. Maybe TPTB like her "green" soapbox?

Andy South's magnificent pants/top ensemble was robbed of top 3 spot, and of the two top 3ers who deserved to be there, I'd have been very pleased with either Mondo or Valerie winning the challenge/billboard.

Otherwise ...

* The Tool is gone. Nothing redeeming about this guy or his "talent" except for an amazing head of hair. Well, he was correct about his model being far out of her league on the runway ... not that his two designs helped her any.

* Peach has a horrible model, and hopefully can ditch her dour butt pronto ... and thus buy herself another two-four weeks (likely the maximum that a ladies who lunch designer could last). Peach's whippy sense of humor went AWOL this eppy.

* I like Mondo (and think he's got mad skills), and wanted to give him a hug. Maybe Michael Costello, who cracks my butt up while saying pretty much what I'd say on the spot, will take little lost birdie Mondo under his wing.

* Liking lots of the cast. Both Michaels and the older blonde are good for witty remarks. Valerie got no facetime last week, but this week she got plenty ... and I think she's greatly entertaining while not entertaining in a grating sort of way like Ivy or Casanova.

vCash
    I advanced the preview frame by frame and it appears to be Ivy on the stretcher heading to the hospital. Only she and Val have really dark hair, and Val's the one saying she hopes the other person is ok.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Tim's new vlog is up on Facebook. He says all ambulance experiences were this week's episode (three ambulances, one for him), and he has no idea why they are previewing one for next week. They ended up deciding to have an EMT on site for the whole filming.

vCash
    Gretchen reminds me of a less 'petaled' LeAnn. Not excited about the win.

Glad Jason is gone - he's done staples and safety pins. I had visions of duct tape next week.

Mr. Potato Head is still there? Why? @ the guy who went "I'm not going to pin or sew for you."

I want to see a few of the models disappear. Peach needs a new one and some of the others look petrified to walk on the runway.

@ the designers who don't like women with a chest bigger than a training bra. STOP designing women's clothing for boys! We're not all flat, less than an A cup out here.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh, speaking of the guy who wouldn't pin or sew, what was up with his box skirt taxi cab outfit? I couldn't believe he wasn't in the bottom.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Interesting vblog from Tim. I wonder if he will get in trouble for telling about the ambulances. His brutal honesty about the episodes is very refreshing. Although I wonder if he really could not remember the name of the third designer who needed an ambulance, or if he knew she was shown but not identified on the preview so he wouldn't give it away. Also wonder what happened to Jason that made him need an ambulance. So glad he is gone from the show!! Very sad about Nicholas. Not very impressed yet by any of the designers, but it is still early. The one guy cracks me up (the one who was imitating a knife-wielding Jason). I was stunned the judges liked Gretchen's jumpsuit. That was one design I was sure the judges would rip apart. I really liked Valerie's red dress especially the back of the skirt.

vCash
    I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who didn't like Gretchen's look. I thought the hair was awful and the pantsuit was boring. I appreciated Tim Gunn's vlog about the week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I advanced the preview frame by frame and it appears to be Ivy on the stretcher heading to the hospital. Only she and Val have really dark hair, and Val's the one saying she hopes the other person is ok.
    Are you sure? I thought the woman from earlier previews looked African-American, but with straight hair so it was unlikely to be Kristin). I thought it might have been one of the models. FYI, Ivy is visible in the runway judging (as is Kristin).

I just watched Tim's vlog, and it doesn't tell us much. I wonder if he might not have known about another ambulance if it involved a model.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast