Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    piebeck auffed my PR thread.

Project Runway in HD. Finally!!!

90 minutes seemed about for this episode, and will be just about right until about final 8, at which point I'm not sure how they'll fill the time.

The balleyhoo about the cast being one person too large, and how they'll need to jettison at least one person before "the season can begin" ... but then they spend the entire 90 minutes to get that done. Rrrring. "Hello, PR? Hey, this sounded like real season opener, it smelled like a real season opener, and you even had a real season opener challenge winner. So tonight doesn't count for anything?" Weird.

I'm conflicted. Chimp-faced Casanova seems to be a combination of really creepy and really sweet. Funny, I think that he misunderstood the challenge's initial instructions to "pull something from your luggage to redesign" ... probably thought they meant that he'd use his $1,000 pants as inspiration for a new design.

The Italian Tool was tiresome 10 seconds into the intro, so much so that I was zoning out just like the blonde chick on the street, who after 5 seconds with the Tool looked plaintively to the cameraman ... hoping for a "cut" versus having to spend more time talking to him. Ugh, and then he pulls a Ping in the first challenge, only worse. Were the judges afraid to boot the only (self proclaimed) straight guy out right off the bat? This d-bag should've been gone.

Peach cracks me up. And I was rolling as the judges returned again and again to how tacky awful they thought the pants that Ivy "redesigned" into pants. Peach was going to wear the hell out of those pants all season, daggumit.

Though this crap challenge (c'mon, now, 5 hours to do it and a very limited selection of support fabrics?) didn't offer much of a chance to shine, I think they've got -- at least -- some good personalities. Fingers crossed they'll stay that way, at least until the reunion where they can reveal their true vicious bitch queen selves, ala Anthony and Jay last season.

vCash
    I miss the Models show. The Austin/Santini thing put me to sleep Bring back the models.

Taking 90 minutes to dump one person seemed drawn out. I expected them to dump at least three. Peach is the only one I liked. I wanted to like Ivy from her intro but she got way to defensive on the runway. I was surprised they let her stay after the backtalk. Casonova makes my skin crawl, as in pervy used-car saleman creepy. I would not want to be in the same room with him for more than ten minutes at a time.

The extra 30 minutes didn't seem to add much other than more time for the judges to snark among themselves.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Bobek-clone, Casanova, and bowler hat's outfits were total messes. The loser's was just not streamlined enough but it was wearable. She was the one who had a 9 month old baby at home right? Hmmm.

I skipped Austin and Santino. I am tired of makeover stuff.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Le sigh. It's still advertised as coming in Pennsylvania. Where are you all watching it?

vCash
    "You made pants out of pants" must have been Heidi's favorite line from this show. She said so many times.

Michael Kors looked kind of orangey. Bad spray tan? Loved Ninagarcia translating.

I'm that McKell who sewed is gone leaving behind kimono guy and hooker dress Casanova?

I also thought the winners dress was kind of boring, but I appreciate the fact that she thought through the design/styling.

Was it just me or did the models seem tentative and slow on the runway?

at another season of PR!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I miss the Models show. The Austin/Santini thing put me to sleep Bring back the models.

They sucked all the life out of both of them. WTF? Obviously Santino is being medicated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    They sucked all the life out of both of them. WTF? Obviously Santino is being medicated
    Seriously. Austin looked like he was doing a bad Carson Kressley impersonation and who wants heartwarming from Santino? That was really lame.

vCash
    I just watched this. How in the hell did the jackass who thought he would intimidate people with his stupid hat survive this challenge? That was awful and agree with whomever said it was worse than Ping's.

I'm hoping for a great season, though.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I'm not sure if I feel sorry for Mondo or want to slap him. He's letting a great opportunity slip away by feeling sorry for himself.

I like that this is such a big challenge "prize wise" with this many designers.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Scissors killer Jason... last week his dress held together with staples, this week safety pins. Please judges (and producers) enough already.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I'm not crazy about this weeks designs either. At least Peach makes me laugh, I hope she stays.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    HOW IS CASANOVA NOT IN THE BOTTOM THREE????

That is so mother of the bride. Or grandmother of the bride.

Of course, Jason should go home. (is he hat boy? I can't keep them all straight.) And if he can't handle time constraints, what the fcuk is he doing on this show????

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I fear this season is going to turn out much like the L.A. season, there are some talented but not very innovative designers. "Nice" dresses but no one really turning up the volume.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I love hearing them berate the designers for not being up to the sophistication of "Marry Claire" and then show a picture of the magazine with Mary Kate Olsen on it.

Heidi's bangs look like one of those brushes you use to clean inside bottles.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    AAAAAARRRRRGGGG. That pantsuit is right out of the 80s. Valerie or Mondo should've won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    AAAAAARRRRRGGGG. That pantsuit is right out of the 80s. Valerie or Mondo should've won.
    ITA. I thought Valerie had it for sure. That red dress was so amazing, and she had the best photograph.

I didn't really like Gretchen's photograph. It looked so staged.

vCash
    ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME??? Casanova survives last week with that disaster and they kick Nick off this week for an outfit that just needed editing?

Thankfully, Jason is gone.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Wasn't expecting a doble elimination, but at least the judges gave Jason the right boot.

But I agree, Valerie should have won.

vCash
    Wow, Jason was delusional about that dress. And the style. Yeah, when I think Marie Claire, I think combat boots.

I'm sorry Nick left, because I think he needed editing, but he seems to have some good ideas and finishes. I am glad they gave Peach another chance.

As for the winner . . . Gretchen again? I hated her dress last week and hated the jumpsuit this week. I think she lucked out that her model really sold the thing well and in the picture. (I actually think this week illustrated why they should not do tasks that are so dependent on models this early. Peach's model was really atrocious, but she could not help it since she was still using the model assigned to her.) Valerie should have won. I'm ambivalent about Mondo being in the top. I liked his skirt, but did not like the front of the top, especially the use of the polka dots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Michael Kors looked kind of orangey. Bad spray tan?
    Kors always has that that tan-gerine look.

My favorite moment was Casanova saying "It's sexy, but it's not vulgar" and then Ivy's and Nina's reactions as it came down the runway. Drab, dowdy colors in a super-slutty design, WTF? What is he smoking?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast