Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I don't think Pluschenko wants to compete all those 4 years until Olympics, because his body would not last that long. My guess is that he will reapply only for the Olympic year (same as he came back only for this year). So for ISU it will be proof that he has been punished enough (he would have been banned for 3 years after all) and Pluschenko will get what he wants. Everyone is happy!
    There is some logic to this. He could take it easy for two seasons to give his joints and ligaments time to heal up. Then start hard training in the summer of 2012. Regain eligibility for the 2012-2013 season. Compete at Russian Nationals, Europeans and Worlds. Then hit the Grand Prix in the fall of 2013, and cruise on into the Olympics.

vCash

Plushenko

I hope EP never comes back to the Olympics. I found him to be arrogant. His skating in my opinion didn't even deserve the silver. His jumps were crooked as can be in the air, his landings sloppy. His sit spins are way too high off the ice and ugly positions as well. Also he does not skate to the music. Any ol music will do for him. There are so many better skaters coming up the ranks, better spins, sit spins, jumps, musicality, etc. Goodbye EP.

vCash
    Seems like it's over. He lost his appeal:

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main//p.../1140802?cid=6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    I hope EP never comes back to the Olympics. I found him to be arrogant. His skating in my opinion didn't even deserve the silver. His jumps were crooked as can be in the air, his landings sloppy. His sit spins are way too high off the ice and ugly positions as well. Also he does not skate to the music. Any ol music will do for him. There are so many better skaters coming up the ranks, better spins, sit spins, jumps, musicality, etc. Goodbye EP.
    And don't forget he eat innocent children for breakfast and may be accused of global warming!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    And don't forget he eat innocent children for breakfast and may be accused of global warming!
    so..that was his secret diet to have lost weight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Seems like it's over. He lost his appeal:

http://www.fanhouse.com/news/main//p.../1140802?cid=6
    It looks like he never made an appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Does he only eat the innocent children? If not, I'd like to offer him my she-demon of a step-niece.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    So the ISU word "final" means permanent- irreversible- end of story- no more Plushenko ever again?

vCash
    Don't worry. It is not the end of the story but only the beginning of a grand show. Plushenko's amateur status as a singles skater will be restored sooner or later based on what the newly-elected President of Russian Skating Federation said earlier on different occasions. So save your love or hate, sadness or joy, and tears or laughter for last, guys.

vCash
    Hope he does go to Sochi, love it when we get to see some older skaters. Shows the sport is for all ages not just the teens.

vCash
    but...do I remember wrong or when all this issue came out people where saying that according to ISU rules the comma (hope it's the right word!) for which he has been banned allows athlethes to ask for eligibility back? I understood that he didn't need to even make appeal, because he could just ask whenever he wanted to come back...

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    So the ISU word "final" means permanent- irreversible- end of story- no more Plushenko ever again?
    He is disqualified for a year.

vCash
    That's it....a year? So he CAN compete in Sochi is what you're saying?

vCash
    Nothing here about a one-year disqualification...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    That's what I thought...once you've been deemed ineligible, you're ineligible forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Nothing here about a one-year disqualification...
    Russian source says that no specific time mentioned of Plushenko's disqualification.
    http://news.sport-express.ru/2010-08-24/383092/

vCash
    "The ineligibility is ongoing with no specific term. Requests for reinstatements may be made in line with ISU regulations...and are subject to a review and decision by the ISU Council," an ISU official told Reuters.
    http://ca.reuters.com/article/sports...67N1L720100824

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    That's what I thought...once you've been deemed ineligible, you're ineligible forever.
    Unless and until you apply for reinstatement, and the ISU reinstates you.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    The thing is that journalists created larger drama, it is all over the news now that he is banned forever and he is "out of the Olympics", and no mention that he can apply to ISU again via his federation, even his age is mentioned wrong, ok for common people, but journalists shouldnt they do a research before publishing such crap, of course such headlines sell more, still it is unprofessional. One would think he killed a village and got suspended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Does he only eat the innocent children? If not, I'd like to offer him my she-demon of a step-niece.
    Only if she is slim enough, remember Sochy is not long way off!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast