Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    He had 2 weeks to file his appeal. That time has past! With Cinquanta still in charge through Sochi Olympics, I believe there is practically no chance in hell that ISU will reverse it's decision. IMHO, the era of Plushenko is finished!
    Wishful thinking, so if Russian federation appeals for him to be reinstated, What reasons will ISU say, that ISU president, Cinquanta doesn't like Plushenko. It is now about reversing their decision, it is about regaining the eligibility.

vCash
    Well according to latest Ciquanta interview he doesnt seem too negative and according to their rules, their decision is reversible, I dont know what Plush team will do, but if nothing else $peedy is interested in $ as well and Plushenko brings them that.
    Cinquanta: I can not say how long will last Plushenko's suspension from competition

Term of suspension from participation in competitions under the auspices of the International Skating Union (ISU), the Russian figure skater, Olympic champion 2006, silver medalist of 2002 and 2010 Games, Evgeni Plushenko's - not determined. This to the agency "All Sport" said ISU President Ottavio Cinquanta.

"Case of Evgeni Plushenko is very delicate" - noticed Cinquanta. - "Mr. Plushenko is one of the best skaters of our time. It is an indisputable fact! I personally have great respect for him as an athlete. But everyone, even and the most outstanding athlete, coach or manager, must respect and abide by the rules of the international federation, under whose jurisdiction it is located. Terms of ISU, which violated Mr. Plushenko, compiled with the participation of Figure Skating Federation of Russia. Then Figure Skating Federation of Russia, as a member of the ISU, adopted and pledged to abide by these rules, vote for them in Congress ISU. These rules must be respected and followed and the president of ISU, and national federations, and all the athletes and coaches. Mr. Plushenko these rules are violated.
    And, at the moment, only what can I say - Mr. Plushenko is suspended from participation in competitions under the auspices of the ISU.
    I can not assume how long will last this suspension. It depends, primarily, of action which take, or not take, personally Mr. Plushenko, and Figure Skating Federation of Russia. Although I do not know for any of their actions."

vCash
    Plushenko is too busy doing shows in Asia.

June 5-6, Hyundai Card Super Match (Seoul)
    June 25-27, Dreams on Ice (Yokohama)
    July 10-11, Fantasy on Ice (Niigata)
    July 16-19, Prince Ice World (Tokyo)
    July 24-25, THE ICE (Aichi)
    Ausust 14-15, Prince Ice World (Okazaki, Aichi)
    Ausust 21-22, Prince Ice World (Hachinohe, Aomori)
    September 4, Artistry on Ice (Beijing)
    September 11-12, Fantasy on Ice (Fukui)
    October 2, Japan Open / Carnival on Ice (Saitama)

At least, Japan Open is OK regardless of his eligibility.

vCash
    I do not understand well the topic.

Plushenko lost his eligibility.
    For to return he has two options.
    - to appeal the decision of the ISU.
    - or to give by valid the decision of the ISU and to request again the eligibility.

The decision to appeal already is not possible because he was 3 weeks old from the moment they notified officially the decision of to him.

but he has even the second option. no??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    I do not understand well the topic.

Plushenko lost his eligibility.
    For to return he has two options.
    - to appeal the decision of the ISU.
    - or to give by valid the decision of the ISU and to request again the eligibility.

The decision to appeal already is not possible because he was 3 weeks old from the moment they notified officially the decision of to him.

but he has even the second option. no??

Yes, of course, he can apply anytime for the reinstatement, that´s why he didin´t appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Don't you mean "his wife"?
    But I don't think Evgeni is hurting for money. This is a topic rarely discussed, but Evgeni seems to have his fair share of endorsement deals. Though I don't know how much he is paid, as endorsement money may be scarce in Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXT_Z6_9msU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIkHVtnGd7U

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    But I don't think Evgeni is hurting for money. This is a topic rarely discussed, but Evgeni seems to have his fair share of endorsement deals. Though I don't know how much he is paid, as endorsement money may be scarce in Russia.

I'm a longtime Plushy fan but I was totally unaware all this was going on with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post

He is the 8th at Forbes Russia latest ratings(stars ratings not business). Not to mention his wife who has considerable incomes of her own.

http://www.forbesrussia.ru/rating/50...0/plyushchenko
    Sorry I don't have english version.

vCash
    same news, another article

Plushenko will ask ISU to cancel decision about the disqualification

Evgeni Plushenko will not appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne at the ISU decision on the disqualification. To "BaltInfo" this said coach of skater Alexei Mishin, located at the moment in Germany.

"Evgeni Plushenko and his team decided not to enter into conflict with the International Skating Union" - said by phone Alexei Mishin. - "However, Evgeni will not sit idly. He will address to ISU with request to restore his right to participate in international competitions."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    He is the 8th at Forbes Russia latest ratings(stars ratings not business). Not to mention his wife who has considerable incomes of her own.

http://www.forbesrussia.ru/rating/50...0/plyushchenko
    Sorry I don't have english version.
    Here is the Google computer translation.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ko&sl=ru&tl=en

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Plushenko is too busy doing shows in Asia.

June 5-6, Hyundai Card Super Match (Seoul)
    June 25-27, Dreams on Ice (Yokohama)
    July 10-11, Fantasy on Ice (Niigata)
    July 16-19, Prince Ice World (Tokyo)
    July 24-25, THE ICE (Aichi)
    Ausust 14-15, Prince Ice World (Okazaki, Aichi)
    Ausust 21-22, Prince Ice World (Hachinohe, Aomori)
    September 4, Artistry on Ice (Beijing)
    September 11-12, Fantasy on Ice (Fukui)
    October 2, Japan Open / Carnival on Ice (Saitama)

At least, Japan Open is OK regardless of his eligibility.
    Go, Plush!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    He had 2 weeks to file his appeal. That time has past!
    Just a small nitpick - he actually had 21 days to appeal according to the official ISU communication.
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Mr Plushenko will likely be reinstated, and this is just a motion they are going through. Since when was a guy like Plushenko completely banned and had no chance for returning let alone with the looming Sochi? The ISU rules have been extremely flexible and adaptable to the extent that all these guys have to do is to issue another communication. LOL

So what are the odds of Mr Plushenko not showing up at Sochi? I would say ZERO.
    Last edited by DeathDrop; 08-01-2010 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    I would say pretty high. His body is not going to last forever.

living every minute
    vCash
    So the ISU - if they reverse their decision - show that their rules are not really to be followed? And their decisions are arbitrary and not binding?
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    So the ISU - if they reverse their decision - show that their rules are not really to be followed? And their decisions are arbitrary and not binding?
    Quite on the contrary. I don't think Pluschenko wants to compete all those 4 years until Olympics, because his body would not last that long. My guess is that he will reapply only for the Olympic year (same as he came back only for this year). So for ISU it will be proof that he has been punished enough (he would have been banned for 3 years after all) and Pluschenko will get what he wants. Everyone is happy!
    Last edited by hanca; 08-01-2010 at 04:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Quite on the contrary. I don't think Pluschenko wants to compete all those 4 years until Olympics, because his body would not last that long. My guess is that he will reapply only for the Olympic year (same as he came back only for this year). So for ISU it will be proof that he has been punished enough (he would have been banned for 3 years after all) and Pluschenko will get what he gets. Everyone is happy!
    I am with you...

Not to mention, it's all about "publicity" Plushy is getting "press"

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quite on the contrary. I don't think Pluschenko wants to compete all those 4 years until Olympics, because his body would not last that long. My guess is that he will reapply only for the Olympic year (same as he came back only for this year). So for ISU it will be proof that he has been punished enough (he would have been banned for 3 years after all) and Pluschenko will get what he wants. Everyone is happy!
    ITA.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    NO. They will follow the rules exactly that say they can reverse their decision in case I). If they reverse their decision is because the ISU rules have many bullets / categories concerning ineligibility and according to their published decision for Plushenko, his ineligibility falls in the category that can be reversable and skaters can aplly for reinstatement.

whole post
    I agree too

vCash
    Latest from ISU on Plushenko's status.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/co...s-item,00.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast