Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Woah, getting ahead of ourselves, aren't we? Let's hope Mao doesn't approach the competition as if she has it in the bag. Who's to say Asada won't get a serious injury and see her results slide too? If skating has taught us anything, it's that this world is unpredictable. I mean, who in hell would have ever thought Sarah Hughes and Evan Lysacek would win Olympic gold? . . . I know I sure didn't, not for a single second.
    Well I gave 3 what ifs. Atleast 1, probably more of:

1. Kim staying
    2. Nagasu actually improving enough to challenge Mao
    3. the Russian ladies being for real

Will come to pass. So probably unchallenged Mao dominance wont happen anyway. I dont think she will be challenged by any of the returning veternans other than Kim however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Well I gave 3 what ifs. Atleast 1, probably more of:

1. Kim staying
    2. Nagasu actually improving enough to challenge Mao
    3. the Russian ladies being for real

Will come to pass. So probably unchallenged Mao dominance wont happen anyway. I dont think she will be challenged by any of the returning veternans other than Kim however.
    I bet my money on that one. Well at least for Liza. Normally, I wouldn't put too much hope on untested juniors but she's different and there won't be much questions with her technique since she's coached by Mishin. Plus, she's got the Plushenko vibe, which means less than stellar choreography won't hinder her too much because of that star presence that I already see from her. When Plushenko was young, he was also quite inconsistent but then he got older and became crazy consistent. Once Liza becomes consistent, she's will be quite a force.

vCash
    she isn't the only us skater that can do it, but she still has alot of work to do. i know her rabid fans thinks she can do it now,
    proved in the short -but yu-na and mao made mistakes, .
    all the u.s. women skaters has to get more speed, height, clean jumps, no ur no edge call . they just have to look cleaner and get a better attitude of i can do it no matter what. don't expect just because i am ahead even with mistakes i will win or medal.
    think about here and now not past

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    ....proved in the short -but yu-na and mao made mistakes, .
    I think if Mao's 3x had been ratified at '10 Worlds, she would've scored around 73 pts.? Mirai had 70 pts. so I'm guessing that both clean, Mirai would only be about 3 pts. behind Mao which is really good for Mirai. Yu Na of course clean is significantly further ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I think if Mao's 3x had been ratified at '10 Worlds, she would've scored around 73 pts.? Mirai had 70 pts. so I'm guessing that both clean, Mirai would only be about 3 pts. behind Mao which is really good for Mirai. Yu Na of course clean is significantly further ahead.
    That's won't be the case for a clean Mao under the new rules. Mao was really disadvantaged for not doing the 3-3 under the previous rules. Even when Mirai gets an UR on her 3-3, she still gets one more triple ratified more than Mao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    But if Mirai's triple-triple was not downgraded she also would have been around 73 points which is actually similar to what Mao would have gotten.

vCash
    I love Mirai...her spirit, attack, joy on the ice. I think she could, on any given night, compete equally with Mao. I don't think she can surpass Yu-Na. What Kim has, that IMO others lack, is the nuance, the way Kim can make every stroke, every move, and important and critical piece of the program. Couple that rare ability with her consistent delivery.....she is heads and shoulders above the others.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    But if Mirai's triple-triple was not downgraded she also would have been around 73 points which is actually similar to what Mao would have gotten.
    Another reason why I'm glad the rules have been changed. There was just no incentive to put the triple axel in the SP before. Mao could have been better off just attempting her triple-triple even with the downgrades. Her risking the 3A all season despite this makes me think she was more in line with trying to set a personal record at the Olympics.

vCash
    OK. Good for Mirai. I don't have the protocols here at work, so I was going under the impression that Mirai's 3t of the 3z-3t got ratified but Mao's 3x was ur'd.

vCash
    Mirai's 3l-3t wasn't URed, she just got a minus GOE for it.

vCash
    I think Mirai could have done it the last season, but from this coming season Mao will have something extra by having the 3A and 3-3 combo. Clean Mao and clean Mirai, I don't think Mirai has a chance to beat Mao yet. The difference between 2A and 3A... Mao's other elements in SP are strong enough not to give Mirai chance to catch up. Mirai has got really lovely spins, but Mao's are not bad either so I doubt that she can catch up the point diffence on spins. Mao is very good with step sequence...
    But if Mao is messing up, Mirai can of course beat her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Mirai's 3l-3t wasn't URed, she just got a minus GOE for it.
    It was definitely URed.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf

BTW, look at that - consistent +3 GOE on the layback. Has that ever been done before?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It was definitely URed.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SP_Scores.pdf

BTW, look at that - consistent +3 GOE on the layback. Has that ever been done before?
    Zhang got that at least once a couple years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    What Kim has, that IMO others lack, is the nuance, the way Kim can make every stroke, every move, and important and critical piece of the program.
    That's a tall order for anyone, don't you think? If Kim was competing under the 6.0 system, I doubt she would be getting 6.0s, if any, for the artistic mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Zhang got that at least once a couple years ago.
    Zhang got that several times over the past 4-ish years. I believe she was the first person under COP to get a level 4 an +3 across the board for an element.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    That's a tall order for anyone, don't you think? If Kim was competing under the 6.0 system, I doubt she would be getting 6.0s, if any, for the artistic mark.
    Probably. Since no one has gotten a 10 yet in any of the categories for PCS in singles skating; not even at the Olympics.

vCash
    I doubt a 10 will ever be achieved. Sure, 1 or 2 judges might give it once in a blue moon, but for the majority of the panel to give one is highly unlikely.

vCash
    it'll be like under the 6.0 system. a 10 would be way more likely under nationals and even rarer at sth like worlds or olympics

vCash
    Well, it seems to me that the PCS are slowly (very slowly) raising acros the board (like everyones PCS), so it may be that in 20 years they slowly get there. (Inflation). Maybe then they invent that the top ceiling is 15 and not 10...

vCash
    Well, PCS was really high at the games, as it always is. But, at Worlds, I would say that they are more back with the norm (Flatt & Suzuki - high 6's, Asada - high 7's, Kim - high 7's, low 8's)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast