Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    I agree that Miki is always overmarked in PCS. Sometimes she is dealt some unfair downgrades on jumps, but her PCS have almost always higher than what she deserves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I thought Phaneuf should have. She was the only one who did 2 almost clean programs (other than a hand down on one jump in the short). Her PCS in the LP were harsh.
    I agree, and I'm not even a huge Phaneuf fan or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Laura was helped out by her high score in the SP, which I personally thought the 64 was a little too high given that she botched the 2a and did a 3lo as her solo jump, but maybe that's just me...
    Nope, not just you.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Lepisto was correctly behind the others on basic TES and correctly ahead on PCS and GOE.

Ando was sloppy and way too gifted on PCS in both programs to even think wuzrobbed. Kostner was shaky throughout. Makarova was green and her jumps were front loaded.

The only argument I could make for bronze other than Lepisto was for Phaneuf, but all of you who only care about jumps need to realise that Lepisto's program has more musicality, more complexity and more maturity than Ando, Makarova, Kostner and Phaneuf combined - and that's also because 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0.

vCash
    Her PCS in the LP were harsh.
    Really? Her program was somehow even more empty in terms of choreography and transitions than Ando's and her set up time for her jumps, especially the 3loop was like a delayed airplane take off.

vCash
    I agree that Miki is always overmarked in PCS. Sometimes she is dealt some unfair downgrades on jumps, but her PCS have almost always higher than what she deserves.
    Her PCS was only 58 in the LP, which I thought was fair. Her basic skating is great, she's just lacking a little in the performance/execution and interpretation areas.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    IMO:
    Mirai has the potential to be among the top. But i think she needs to work on more sophistication, maturity, confidence, something that is evident in the older ladies (Lepisto) and the top ones like Kim/Asada. of the US ladies, most fun to watch, but she is only 16 and her youthful exerubance does show in her skating. She needs more experience on the world scene to gain more maturity i think.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567