Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

"Survivor" - Pits Old against Young

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/424119_tvgif28.html

Not sure how I feel about this. In theory the younger tribe would do the best in challenges. I wonder if this means we'll see less physical challanges, or ones that have more puzzle elements.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I would think the young would have the advantage in puzzles, too.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I will wait to see the actual season to make up my mind on whether I like this twist or not but on paper it feels like the younger contestants would have the edge in the challenges but if TPTB are creative and go with more mental twist ones, then maybe the older contestants will do well.

And it now makes sense about Jimmy Johnson's participation as on a "normal" season he would have been fodder; now, maybe he has a chance to last a bit. And I'm dying to see what his hair looks like after a couple of days in the jungle!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    It's interesting that they didn't cast people who are in their 30s. I think (not sure on this) that the majority of winners have been in that age range.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    This reminds me of one of my dad's favorite sayings: "Age and treachery will always defeat youth and skill."
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    This reminds me of one of my dad's favorite sayings: "Age and treachery will always defeat youth and skill."
    I use the "Youth and vigor are no match for age and deceit" version on my kids, along with "You may be bigger, but I'm still smarter."

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm a little wary of this, as it seems like so many seasons have included alliances largely split along age lines (mostly the younger ones not seeing any value to older players), but I thought the season with tribes divided racially would be a disaster and it was a pretty good season.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm a little wary of this, as it seems like so many seasons have included alliances largely split along age lines (mostly the younger ones not seeing any value to older players), but I thought the season with tribes divided racially would be a disaster and it was a pretty good season.
    I'm a bit wary too. I hated when Cook Islands started with the racial divide but then the Aitu Four happened and now I look back on that as one of my top two or three seasons.

So I guess its going to come down to just what these folks are like and how they play the game.

And has anyone else seen the rumored theme for Survivor 22?!?!?

if true!!!

vCash
    No, what is it? Zombies vs. Aliens?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    No, what is it? Zombies vs. Aliens?

Its rumored that it will be Boston Rob versus Russell. They'll be on opposing teams as mentors/coaches/players, I guess like Bobby Jon and Stephanie in Guatemala.

How CBS will rig it for them to make it to the merge, I have no idea. I guess hid the Immunity idol under their pillows?

vCash
    ugh. Two people who need to never be on my tv again.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Its rumored that it will be Boston Rob versus Russell.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!

Clueless American
    vCash
    Oh please - no more Rob or Russell. PLEASE!

I don't really like the old vs. young either. They sort of tried that with four tribes - the older men, older women, younger men, and younger women tribes season.

vCash
    I love Boston Rob, but am over Russell, don't want to see him again. Luv to see Rob.
    The age thing could be interesting. One never knows. I remember how there was lots of talk before the race season, and then it was not really an issue.
    Survivor has implemented some good changes over the years, so will have to see. Can't wait for it to begin - and Amazing Race too!

vCash
    Reminds me of that one reality show where the bachelor picks either the young or the old bachelorette - and it came down of course to one each of the old and the young. And you guessed it! The younger woman won. Surprise, surprise.

I love Survivor, so I suppose I will watch it, and I assume the same scenario above will occur. But if there's nothing else to do but watch TV, then I guess I can watch.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    will this be Rob's 4th season? I dont want to see any contestant that many times
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love skating View Post
    Oh please - no more Rob or Russell. PLEASE!

I don't really like the old vs. young either. They sort of tried that with four tribes - the older men, older women, younger men, and younger women tribes season.
    And didn't they end up just merging them in the second or third episode?

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    will this be Rob's 4th season? I dont want to see any contestant that many times
    At least it's not a 4th season of Cirie lounging about in an ill-fitting bathing suit.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    At least it's not a 4th season of Cirie lounging about in an ill-fitting bathing suit.
    talk about a silver lining

it's called underwire, it's not expensive
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I'll take Cirie and her not-properly-fitted attire over Boston Rob or Russell any day of the week.

I actually liked watching Russell in both his season. But I think twice is more than enough to see him. And he needs some serious time and distance from this show. And a lot of therapy

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing Russell, but only IF the HII was not a factor. I'd love to see him try to get far without that advantage. Of course his reputation has made such an experiment impossible since so many competitors would target him for reasons made clear from watching his other 2 seasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast