Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    vCash
    That's an interesting report geod2 about the stresses of the curveball on the arms of baseball pitchers. I do think there is a connection with figure skating in terms of the enormous stresses exerted on the bones and joints of figure skaters (perhaps especially serious for the younger skaters who are still developing physically).

You'd think figure skating authorities would do more about examining this and taking heed of what Toller Cranston and many former skaters, coaches and others have been saying about rethinking what figure skating is about. I agree with those who feel that fs is not about how many jumps you can do in a routine, or how many revolutions beyond three are possible. There are far too many skaters who need to perfect their technique on triples, rather than risking serious injury and loss of consistent triples because of their over-focus on training/ performing quads.

vCash
    You think Joubert could do a triple flip right if he didn't train quad toes and lutz's? Does anyone know if Joubert can do a flip correctly but can't do a triple of it? Maybe it is just something about the flip. He can do quads of toe loops so easy. So better to do a triple flip wrong and quad toe right and make up points on one while you lose it on the flip. Has that been discussed of Joubert? Doing a flip jump correctly? I mean at the worlds press conference he was quite nonchalant about doing a triple flip wrong.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920