Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Strangest potato chip(crisp) flavour you have tried or seen in store

There are the standard potato chip flavour types, then there are the.... not so standard flavours. Chip companies are always trying out new flavours in their product offering, but some fail so miserably, they are gone within months.

What's the strangest or most unusual potato chip flavour you have seen or tried? Was it good?

vCash
    When I was stationed in Japan, they had shrimp and squid-flavored chips. I actually saw some squid-flavored chips at an Asian supermarket years ago....I am sure they are still there .

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Not real but years ago some company in England introduced hedgehog flavored crisps as an April Fool's prank. Yuck.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I've seen a lot of weird flavours... Tandoori, Szechwan, General Tao Chicken, Feta&Olive... never had the guts to try them!

Weirdest flavour I ever tried was fries and gravy, and it was really yummy...

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Not real but years ago some company in England introduced hedgehog flavored crisps as an April Fool's prank. Yuck.
    They were real (not made with real hedgehogs of course ) - I remember them from when I was a small child. Despite the novelty value, they never became popular and didn't last long.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    I'm partial to Kettle Spicy Thai chips, although they're hard to find these days.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    There is an Asian Grocery Store near my gym that sells the weirdest flavored chips. Not that I risked trying them but from memory, the green curry chickpea chips sounded positively scary.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I've had chocolate covered crisps/potato chips in Japan. Surprisingly good.

Wasabi flavoured Pringles were interesting.

SHARPIE this year brought us over a load of different flavours that Walkers had on sale to tie in with the World Cup.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rld-cup-crisps
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I saw blue potato chips sold in JFK airport two weeks ago. Didn't dare to try.

vCash
    The blue potato chips/crisps are actually very good. They're from a potato that is naturally blue-fleshed.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Honey BBQ Ribs--I got this flavor at Target a few weeks ago, and they really did taste like ribs. Target also has a garlic rosemary flavor and used to have a Jamaican Jerk flavor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenlyon60 View Post
    The blue potato chips/crisps are actually very good. They're from a potato that is naturally blue-fleshed.
    They're a tiny bit sweeter and thicker than normal potato chips. They're up there in my favorites. Lovely.

In the UK, they sell prawn flavored crisps. I haven't tried those, as I'm not a fan of shellfish.

In the US, we get dill flavored, which isn't bad at all. It's a bit like salt and vinegar.

I like the chili ones, the ones made from sweet potatos instead of normal potatos, and the ones with salt and pepper on them. But my faves are still plain, lightly salted.

BBQ flavored is one that I really dislike. Onion and garlic as well.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Demon Barber
    vCash
    This is probably not strange to the rest of the world, but to Americans Chicken flavored chips are a novelty. I had those as well as Honey Soy Chicken while I was in Australia (my friend had them in London) and they are yummy.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I bought a small bag of Doritos "Third Degree Burn Habanero" flavor corn chips. I ate one. Those things are dangerous, and I love hot food!

vCash
    Seriously?? I need to try those!

vCash
    US BBQ flavored chips are okay, but I much prefer the Paprika crisps I used to get in Germany.

vCash
    When I was younger, this would have been late 70's or early 80's, Hostess made fruit flavored potato chips. I have no idea if they were only available in Canada. I remember trying them, but have no recall on if they tasted good or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    They were real (not made with real hedgehogs of course ) - I remember them from when I was a small child. Despite the novelty value, they never became popular and didn't last long.
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    SHARPIE this year brought us over a load of different flavours that Walkers had on sale to tie in with the World Cup.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rld-cup-crisps
    Yes, Walker's brought the world a variety of flavored crisps including roasted chicken and thyme, chillii & lime, smoky bacon, and ... marmite. When my sister lived in England, I'd marvel at the variety of flavours they had at pubs. I could have sworn I saw one that was steak & kidney flavour , but it doesn't seem to be on this rather extensive list of UK crisps, so if I did see it a dozen years ago, it now has been discontinued. It must have had very limited appeal, unlike the "xmas special turkey and stuffing" flavor.

I am rather partial to Red Hot Blues -- an organic blue corn chip with paprika and cayenne pepper in the spice mix. A bit hot (but not excessively so) and very tasty!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I love those habanero Doritos, and I am sure I would love wasabi or anything spicy/BBQ/chile of any region.

Anything that is meat, shellfish, fish, chicken flavored doesn't really appeal to me too much. Maybe smoky bacon would be ok, but I tried marmite and vegemite and did not like them so I would draw the line at marmite.

In Maryland, we have Utz Crab Spice potato chips - these are not crab flavored - they just have the Old Bay style seasoning that we put on steamed crabs here. I love Old Bay on crabs, but not so much on potato chips.

Utz also has Carolina style BBQ, which I love - a combo of BBQ and salt/vinegar chips. MMMM.

In Mexico, you can buy fresh salted chips on the street and they squeeze fresh lime and put hot sauce on them. One of my fave street snacks.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Flat Earth chips

They have several flavors. I tend to prefer the fruit ones like the peach or wild berry. They do have some veggie and cheese flavors.

http://www.taquitos.net/chips/FlatEa...rispsWildBerry
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast