Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Sarah naked

Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Love her but why does she have to be naked? Gimmick.
    I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight. So many have done the "nude" thing like Kat Witt, Maria Butyrskya, Tanya [can't spell her last name] from Germany. I have more respect for those who keep their clothes on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight.
    I doubt it. I'm all for the clothed shoots, and not a fan of the wild ones, but IMHO there's really nothing crazy about this particular set. I think it was done in good taste.

There are other "nude" shoots she could have done if she really wanted "attention" in that way (cough*ahem), but I think it should also be kept in mind that I believe this is purely a Swiss/European campaign where this stuff doesn't bat an eyelid. From an American viewpoint though, it's going all out (I mean, it's an ad for SHOES after all) and that's probably why we'll never see it here.

If it offended anyone, I apologize but don't say I didn't warn you before you clicked.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    From an American viewpoint though, it's going all out (I mean, it's an ad for SHOES after all) and that's probably why we'll never see it here.
    You're kidding, right? I'm assured that the majority of Americans are not prudes. There's a large sector of this nation that glorifies women like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, whose popularity both increased as a result of their sex tapes. Pamela Anderson sure isn't known because of her acting ability. Music videos, television shows, movies, and the internet glorify sex and the nude/semi-nude bodies of men and women. When our economy was doing better, the adult entertainment industry was one of, if not THE, most successful markets here. I believe there was a study on 60 minutes that estimated Americans spent somewhere around $10 billion a year on adult entertainment. And not to let myself be misunderstood, I of course am not implying that Sarah's ad is anywhere in the same spectrum as doing a sex tape because it clearly isn't. Another example is the enormously popular Old Spice ad with the half naked man . . . it's easily the company's most successful ad campaign ever!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 07-30-2010 at 02:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I doubt it. I'm all for the clothed shoots, and not a fan of the wild ones, but IMHO there's really nothing crazy about this particular set. I think it was done in good taste.

If it offended anyone, I apologize but don't say I didn't warn you before you clicked.

ITA.

Besides, she got paid. In this economy getting paid for anything is a good thing (well, maybe not anything...).

Maybe she wants some attention, too.... and the harm would be ???????

It's funny how some people are warned that there is nudity and they might be offended.....but they look anyway....just to be sure!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    You're kidding, right? I'm assured that the majority of Americans are not prudes. There's a large sector of this nation that glorifies women like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, whose popularity both increased as a result of their sex tapes.
    The same sector of the nation that blew its top when Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction happened during the SB.

kidding on the "same" part, well, actually, maybe not.

well sex sells, no getting around that. Honestly, I have mixed thoughts about it too.
    Last edited by RD; 07-30-2010 at 07:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Love her but why does she have to be naked? Gimmick.
    I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight. So many have done the "nude" thing like Kat Witt, Maria Butyrskya, Tanya [can't spell her last name] from Germany. I have more respect for those who keep their clothes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    The shoe is one of the Nike Free shoes. I don't know if you know these but they are very light, the feeling is close to wearing nothing and run barefoot.
    Well, I think from what Jackie describes about this particular line of Nike's it's a fitting campaign. Besides she's covered!

vCash
    BS. Sarah is no desperate attention whore, and has at least the same level of beauty and elegance as the ladies mentioned above. This is an artistic photoshoot and not skampy attempt to promote herself.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I guess she chose to be naked to get attention. All the "talk" is about Mao, Yuna, Joannie, etc. Maybe she feels left out or forgotten so being naked would certainly get her some limelight.
    Or perhaps that is what the ad campaign was wanting, and being a beautiful and elegant young woman with absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in terms of her athletic body, thought it would be something worth trying, especially when she is young and looks the way she does. There is absolutely nothing about Meier that has ever struck me as "attention whore"; on the contrary, she has always appeared to have a lot of dignity and class. That is not banished by choosing to do a tasteful nude photo shoot.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Or perhaps that is what the ad campaign was wanting, and being a beautiful and elegant young woman with absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in terms of her athletic body, thought it would be something worth trying, especially when she is young and looks the way she does.
    There's other ways to show an athletic body though - for example I loved Kimmie's Under Amour ads. Sarah will be beautiful no matter what she wears, so I just don't see the point in being naked. Like someone mentioned we are in this Paris Hilton society where getting naked is like a cheap gimmick, but maybe to the Europeans it's seen as more of an art. It's just not appealing to me though.

wannabe flower-girl
    Toto, I have a feeling we are not in Oberstdorf anymore...
    vCash
    I thought it was the whole concept of the ad: the shoes are so light, that it feels like you wear nothing... maybe I was mistaken?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    You're kidding, right? I'm assured that the majority of Americans are not prudes. There's a large sector of this nation that glorifies women like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian, whose popularity both increased as a result of their sex tapes. Pamela Anderson sure isn't known because of her acting ability. Music videos, television shows, movies, and the internet glorify sex and the nude/semi-nude bodies of men and women. When our economy was doing better, the adult entertainment industry was one of, if not THE, most successful markets here. I believe there was a study on 60 minutes that estimated Americans spent somewhere around $10 billion a year on adult entertainment. And not to let myself be misunderstood, I of course am not implying that Sarah's ad is anywhere in the same spectrum as doing a sex tape because it clearly isn't. Another example is the enormously popular Old Spice ad with the half naked man . . . it's easily the company's most successful ad campaign ever!

I don't think it's a matter of being "prudes".
    Adult entartainment certainly isn't for prudes, and certainly is well wide spread in the US, but it's also done in private.
    What you see on regular television, on family shows, that air when kids are still fooling around; what you see on ads on tv, along the highway, on street corners: those are the things that will show you what the national taste is. In my opinion.

I'll tell you that: in Italy, boobs and asses and allusive whispers, are used to sell like ANYTHING, from phones to washing mashines to cereals to banking services. AND, boobs and asses and allusive moves are in all family shows on tv. Rumors (well, more than just rumors) around italian prime minister (who owns/controls all italian television, bar very small exceptions) say he displays on tv what he likes in private. And his television has shaped italians' taste and minds for twenty years.

So yes, I believe there's a huge difference between Italy and the US in terms nudity/sex allusions usage.

---
    After the 2006 olympics Fusar Poli & Margaglio's interview in a very popular show talks about what? Sex.
    Four years later, Kostner & Boyfriend's interview to the same show talks about what? Guess.
    Kostner's interview wasn't considered all that classy by everybody, and I think I remember people close to her defended her by saying: "you couldn't fully understand the spirit of the show". Which is true, but not because those people wouldn't follow the show regularly, but because they just have a different culture. IMO.
    ---

That said, I don't believe this applies to all european countries (to some though).

Personally, I don't think Meier's photos were tasteless or in any way voulgar. But the nude part was also totally uncessary, and because they were focused on finding the riht pose that would hide the right part, the shoots eneded up forced, not smooth and natural, and kinda boring.
    Last edited by loulou; 08-04-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12