Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Are you saying Tanith's Mum designed the costumes for all three of their programs ? If this is true, she must have been trying to make them look like the rest of Linichuk's couples... I can believe the OD costumes since they were pretty much a take on standard folk dance costumes ..just way overdone.( and overdoing it is a common failure of inexperienced designers.) The FD look was such typical Linichuk cheese..if Mum is responsible ,she must have consumed a whole jug of kool aid.

vCash
    Did you guys notice that the costume's in the link were very similar to the ones that B&A wore? I am sure they deliberately did this to remain authentic ( unlike their training mates.) I usually HATE their costumes but I think that the Moldovian look was both authentic and appropiate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Are you saying Tanith's Mum designed the costumes for all three of their programs ? If this is true, she must have been trying to make them look like the rest of Linichuk's couples... I can believe the OD costumes since they were pretty much a take on standard folk dance costumes ..just way overdone.( and overdoing it is a common failure of inexperienced designers.) The FD look was such typical Linichuk cheese..if Mum is responsible ,she must have consumed a whole jug of kool aid.
    Tanith's mom did most of her costumes but ,as far as i remember, it was mentioned in one of B/A interviews before Olympics that the costumes for US Nationals and OG were done in New York.Anyway it was authentic but way overdone .The costumes didn't bother me as much as the choreo because it reminds me of their 2005 FD and not because of Ben's vest and boots

vCash
    Tanith and Ben went to diferent costume designer, from NY I gues., Her mom did the 2 first verson. In fact there is a video thta show off her mom and her design, she had a great idea for the FD dress. I don't remember how it was but it was beatifull. It a shame that they do'nt chosed thta one.
    Last edited by Valentina; 07-28-2010 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Tanith and ben went to diferent costume designer, grom NY I guess, Her mom did the 2 first verson. In fact thereb is a video thta show off her mom and her design, she had a great idea for the FD dress. I don't remember how it was but it was beatifull. It a shame that they do'nt chosed thta one.
    So we can't blame mom for the horrendous Olympics versions of the costumes. Mom has taste; her design for the very first version of Tanith's FD dress was simple and gorgeous. "Mother Knows Best"!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Ah-h-h-h ..I'm so relieved to know that Tanith's Mum didn't drink all that Kool aid after all ! I was afraid she'd been recruited into the cult...

I'm back to my original stance of putting the blame squarely on Linichuk's camp. Wherever the costumes were made ( NY, Russia) they had that Linchuk look...just too much. At times too much skin , too much fabric, too much detail , and often all at the same time.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Hated this dance, Tanith's poufy hair, the headband, the red boots, the weird arm movements, the floppy costumes... This dance IMO is what kicked them off the podium. If Tanith had worn her Let's Get Loud dress, shown off her amazing body, and used something, anything but Moldovian, they would have medaled. The Russians with their fake tan outfits were more ridiculous, but they get +1 for being Russian and that was the tiebreaker.

vCash
    Funny... the red boots were the one detail I liked..( I was very drawn to Hungarian and Roumanian folk dance as a kid. Partly because of the music , partly because I really wanted a pair of those red boots !)..The earliest version of the costumes were really OK , though the program itself didn't do too much for me, but by the Olys it was too, too over the top.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12