Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 116
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,105
    vCash
    1529
    Rep Power
    0
    Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle I normally only really like the critically-acclaimed Oscar winners but I was laughing my ass off the whole time. It was the most random thing I've ever seen.

  2. #22
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38866
    How To Train Your Dragon. I'm 54, for chrissakes, and watched it on a long plane ride a few weeks ago. I cried at the end. The flight attendants glanced at my monitor with great curiosity to see what was making this lady sit there with tears running down her cheeks. I'm sure they were very amused.

    What a terrific movie.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,931
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33055
    Ratatoulle was another one that surpassed my expectations.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where banjos play.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,070
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    How To Train Your Dragon. I'm 54, for chrissakes, and watched it on a long plane ride a few weeks ago. I cried at the end. The flight attendants glanced at my monitor with great curiosity to see what was making this lady sit there with tears running down her cheeks. I'm sure they were very amused.

    What a terrific movie.
    LOVED that movie Really cute.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    766
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The Proposal with Sandra Bullock.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Not after the same people as Theatregirl
    Posts
    21,918
    vCash
    350
    Rep Power
    36500
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle I normally only really like the critically-acclaimed Oscar winners but I was laughing my ass off the whole time. It was the most random thing I've ever seen.
    I loved that one, too.

    I also really liked Sideways.

  7. #27
    AYS's snark-sponge
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    in the Bobrova & Soloviev Fan Clubhouse
    Posts
    41,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30529
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Ratatoulle was another one that surpassed my expectations.
    I liked Ratatoulle, but I didn't see it for a long time because I thought it would be stupid.

    I hated How to Train your Dragon.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12,996
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    0
    Zack and Miri Make a Porno

  9. #29
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post

    I hated How to Train your Dragon.
    How come? I haven't seen it but was going to get it for my nephew.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  10. #30
    AYS's snark-sponge
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    in the Bobrova & Soloviev Fan Clubhouse
    Posts
    41,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30529
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    How come? I haven't seen it but was going to get it for my nephew.
    How old is your nephew? He might like it if he likes dragons.

    I didn't like it because it was just not a very intelligent story with very stock characters that seemed to be just copies of ones from better animated films. That happens a lot with animated films. From my perspective it just was very flat and uninteresting. And I hated the lead character who was such a one-dimensional stock character. Ugh.

    I demand a lot from my animated children's films.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where banjos play.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,070
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think I liked it so well, because of Toothless lol. I loved that dragon.

  12. #32
    AYS's snark-sponge
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    in the Bobrova & Soloviev Fan Clubhouse
    Posts
    41,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30529
    The dragons were pretty good. It was the humans that ruined the movie...
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

  13. #33
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    How old is your nephew? He might like it if he likes dragons.



    I demand a lot from my animated children's films.
    He's 11. What's the name of that film there were so many commercials for last year? It was animated and seemed to be about some guy whose house went flying somewhere.

    Obviously I don't know my movies very well.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Picking up my Team Olesya t-shirt
    Posts
    1,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    "Hoodwinked" My 10-yr old wanted to see a movie, and I thought that if I had to sit through a bad kid's movie, I wanted to pick something that had a short running time. I was very pleasantly surprised. We actually own it on dvd.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Picking up my Team Olesya t-shirt
    Posts
    1,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    He's 11. What's the name of that film there were so many commercials for last year? It was animated and seemed to be about some guy whose house went flying somewhere.

    Obviously I don't know my movies very well.
    "Up" Another great one.

  16. #36
    AYS's snark-sponge
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    in the Bobrova & Soloviev Fan Clubhouse
    Posts
    41,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30529
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    He's 11. What's the name of that film there were so many commercials for last year? It was animated and seemed to be about some guy whose house went flying somewhere.

    Obviously I don't know my movies very well.
    Up! Now that was a good one. Although an 11 y.o. boy might like the dragons better.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

  17. #37
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    "Hoodwinked" My 10-yr old wanted to see a movie, and I thought that if I had to sit through a bad kid's movie, I wanted to pick something that had a short running time. I was very pleasantly surprised. We actually own it on dvd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    "Up" Another great one.
    Thanks.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oz, of course
    Posts
    11,361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Pirates of the Caribbean - a movie based on a theme park ride? I was convinced it would be awful.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,765
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    He's 11. What's the name of that film there were so many commercials for last year? It was animated and seemed to be about some guy whose house went flying somewhere.

    Obviously I don't know my movies very well.
    Up - which was totally awesome, the story line was wonderful. About a young boy throughout his lifetime. Rfisher had recommended. DH was uh, we got a animated DVD? by the end of the movie, he had been totally involved with the plot and said that was a good movie.

  20. #40
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Up - which was totally awesome, the story line was wonderful. About a young boy throughout his lifetime. Rfisher had recommended. DH was uh, we got a animated DVD? by the end of the movie, he had been totally involved with the plot and said that was a good movie.
    Thanks. It must be good since this is the 3rd recommendation. Up it is.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •