Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    For me, Mean Girls, Legally Blonde, Shallow Hal , Clueless, Miss Congeniality, and anything with Gaylord Focker or Bill and Ted.
    I am embarrassed by my love of all things Legally Blonde. It's on right now. I'm a bit sorry to miss the end when skating starts on NBC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I liked Ratatoulle, but I didn't see it for a long time because I thought it would be stupid.

I hated How to Train your Dragon.

Oh thank God! I thought I was the only one!

I thought that Get Him to the Greek would be pretty stupid, but I actually found it to be really funny. Then again, I had a similar reaction to Forgetting Sarah Marshall, so I shouldn't have been too surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I am embarrassed by my love of all things Legally Blonde. It's on right now. I'm a bit sorry to miss the end when skating starts on NBC.

I'm watching (more like listening) to it now too! Unfortunately, I thought the sequel was a disaster. I thought it was seriously "I demand a fecking refund" bad.

vCash
    The ultimate movie I thought looked stupid and loved is School of Rock. Along the same lines is The Rocker.

I thought Tangled would be dumb and I loved it. Loved Blades of Glory and Galaxy Quest but I thought they had promise before I saw them.

One that I hoped would be good and thought horrible is Voyage of the Dawn Treader, although I liked the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian very much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnkle View Post
    The ultimate movie I thought looked stupid and loved is School of Rock.
    I forgot about School of Rock. It definitely makes my list. I will always think of Miranda Cosgrove as Summer Hathaway, and will never accept that she can actually carry a tune.

vCash
    I lurve School of Rock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    "Up" Another great one.
    I just saw that for the first time tonight. Great movie!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I just saw that for the first time tonight. Great movie!
    "Squirrel!"
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I didn't hold out much hope for "The A-Team" when I rented it (it had been one of hubby's favourite shows), but it was actually a lot of fun in its campiness.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Well, I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, but when someone told me that they were doing a prequel I tought it would be the kiss of death for the series. When I saw it I almost cried of happiness, it was that good.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D&Sfan4ever View Post
    Well, I'm a huge fan of Star Trek, but when someone told me that they were doing a prequel I tought it would be the kiss of death for the series. When I saw it I almost cried of happiness, it was that good.
    I love the new Star Trek. I didn't think it looked "stupid" in the previews, but I was totally "meh" about it. My sister practically forced me to watch it. I'm so glad I did. Awesome cast, and I thought the story was great. I think they're already working on a sequel.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    The fifth Element! And, ironically enough, the funniest cartoon of all time: The Emperor's New Groove (I remember literally making fun of a couple of friends fro suggesting we see it in theaters. Fast forward a year later when I saw it and called both of them admitting I was an idiot for not giving it a chance)

vCash
    This old lady loves School of Rock. I've watched and enjoyed other movies with my grandson that I never would have seen otherwise. Just can't remember any of them.

vCash
    "The Replacements" Keanu Reeves, Gene Hackman and a team of misfit NFL strike replacement players. Rented it, loved it, bought it, and still watch it every few years.

Oh, and I've always loved "Legally Blond". Bend and snap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    "Squirrel!"
    Exactly!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I hated How to Train your Dragon.
    I liked that movie. How to Train your Dragon and Finding Nemo I thought had very positive messages for people with disabilities, so they both get a thumbs up in my book

vCash
    I second The Fifth Element....and now it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I also thought The Other Guys and Scott Pilgrim vs the World would be stupid, but I loved both of them.

vCash
    Stuck On You was better than I thought it would be. Campy stupid fun but extremely positive overall regarding disabilities. I've noticed that the Farrelly brothers have done that with every movie I've seen of theirs.

I do love the fact that they explain the aging difference between Mat Damon and Greg Kinnear as a kidney or liver sharing issue. My favorite scene is when they finally get separated and try to walk for the first time.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    Drop Dead Gorgeous. Though it was going to be a bad movie, but it's one of my favorites

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I am going the other direction. Because of all the hype - I thought Sideways would be good to see.

I strongly disliked it, it did not make sense and was very disappointing.
    Thank God I'm not the only one; I hated that movie and thought I was a minority of one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast