vCash

Jane Austen's Fight Club... I wish

My sister's friend has made a "movie" trailer for a little film festival amoungst the people they go to church with. It's pretty well done and I think there are some here who would get a kick out of it. I personally would like to see it become a real movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PM0om2El8
    Last edited by CarolineBingley; 07-24-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I LOVE it! Brings to mind that there were many times while I was reading "Emma" that I wanted to slap that girl upside the head.

vCash
    That was amazing. I LOVED it. Everything was spot on, from the language to the music. This movie so needs to be made now.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Great!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Loved it! Cracked me up
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Never did see Fight Club but this is HILARIOUS.

vCash

vCash
    Loved it!

vCash
    What I'd really like to see is Fanny Price giving Mary Crawford a big 'ol slap upside the head...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Ditto that for Elinor Dashwood to Lucy Steele. Although that would kind of take the "sense" out of Elinor.

vCash
    Ha, I'm not the only one who wishes it would become a full lenght feature film... http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/20...ht-club-video/

vCash
    I hated Fanny Price. Mary Crawford all the way! And don't even get me started on that dullard, Edmund. Henry Crawford was so dreamy...

Demon Barber
    vCash

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I hated Fanny Price. Mary Crawford all the way! And don't even get me started on that dullard, Edmund. Henry Crawford was so dreamy...
    That was the only Austen where I just could not finish it. Fanny was SO ANNOYING.

I don't know about fighting, but it would have been nice to see quiet, patient Anne Eliot just SNAP on her idiot foppish family. "Persuasion Goes Postal".

vCash
    I adore Fanny. Such fortitude, patience, strength, and moral fiber. I agree that Edmund was a dolt, though. So utterly blinded.

I'd love to see Fanny slap Mary Crawford "upside the head" as another poster put it but Fanny does get the ultimate revenge in the end

Fanny is so much like one of my favorites, Anne Elliot. Anne also demonstrated the virtues above. But, yes, danceronice, her family deserved a smack! I figure she also got her ultimate revenge in the end by totally shocking her whole family in attracting someone like the Captain.

As for the vid itself, I got some giggles out of it, but I'm sure I'd understand it better if I had seen Fight Club...

-Bridget

vCash
    Oh wow! I don't think the girls who made this know about the Time article - Thanks for sharing! And it also made CBS http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...-10391698.html
    Last edited by CarolineBingley; 07-28-2010 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    How exciting for them that it's becoming something of a viral hit!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    See, I found Fanny far too passive and goody-goody, plus basically smug about it. Anne on the other hand was easily swayed, but figured out pretty quick that was a mistake (and given who her primary red-herring interest was, she never lost her taste for men of the Navy.) And she did eventually decide "Know what? The heck with all of you, I've got a second chance and I'm not blowing it. Sorry about the estate, and Dad, if you want to go for Mrs Clay, have a great time. Toodles." Whereas Fanny was just kind of...oh, look, she was right all along. That one is a little too-too morality play for my taste.

Though at least she didn't have moments of Too Dumb To Live to go with Emma (Knightly sure took his time whacking her with the Clue Stick), Catherine from Northanger Abbey, or Marianne from Sense and Sensibility who practically has to drop dead before she gets over herself.