Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    A moment of silence please for the Queen of Sexual Perversions - our dearly departed Mrs. Blankenship.

Although we only just got to meet you a few episodes ago, you made an indelible impression. You will be missed.
    Amen. Although I was childishly amused by the "hey, my mother knitted that blanket"
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    A moment of silence please for the Queen of Sexual Perversions - our dearly departed Mrs. Blankenship...
    I never saw that coming. I loved the way she wasn't intimidated by ANYONE at the agency, including Bert Cooper or Roger Sterling.

vCash
    I loved how Ken, Peggy and that other dude whose name I never remember were wondering what would happen to Megan, since she was covering Don's desk after Ida fell off her perch. Would she quit, be fired, or die? I think every secretary since Peggy has had such an end

Poor Sally, too. I wonder if there's something else going on in that house that we don't know about? We know she hates it there and she told Glen that it's because she always thinks she's going to see him...but is "him" Don, or does she hate her stepfather as well as her mother?

vCash
    I just love this show, watched the last 3 episodes yesterday and today.
    Loved how Don and Peggy's relationship was front and center. I do like how Don is not going into the stereotypical downfall and seems to be coming back.
    Bert - still no office?
    Poor Mrs Blankenship, but that was hilarious. My fav - after Peggy discovers her, goes into Don's office, sees Sally and says to not leave and Sally is 'I know'.
    Poor poor Sally.
    Jen - is the 'him' possibly a ghost of the grandfather?? If it is the stepfather, uggh.
    I do like Jon Hamm with Sally, he really is trying but has not clue what to do.
    So much to love about the last 3 episodes, and things are moving....

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    "I would have my secretary do it, but she's dead."
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Jen - is the 'him' possibly a ghost of the grandfather?? If it is the stepfather, uggh.
    I do like Jon Hamm with Sally, he really is trying but has not clue what to do.
    So much to love about the last 3 episodes, and things are moving....
    I don't think so. They've already had Sally deal with her Grandfather's death, I don't think they're bringing the grandfather back at all. It was important back story for the psychologist because that is where her bad behaviour started, but I think that's where the grandfather storyline ends. Sally was genuinely grief-striken when he died - more so than any of the others.

Plot wise, if there is any kind of abuse going on I think it'd be the stepfather, but I'm not even sure there is any. I think Sally just hates her mother.

vCash

Tonight's episode was intense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post

Tonight's episode was intense.
    So true, so much going on, with the history and small items from past episodes just building.
    I was so relieved when Don got the Beatles tickets in hand. Loved, loved, loved Sally's reaction.
    So did Joan go through with it? Or is she still pregnant?
    Roger - oh wow, so much in a such a short time, waiting for him to have another heart attack.
    So does the lady dr know too much? I am wondering if Don will regret confiding in her.
    Pete - I hated his character when the show began, but I really enjoy him now, and how he is evolving, even maturing. Still love Trudie, even in that outfit.
    Lane - ouch. Another one with Daddy issues.
    Partners meeting - so much going on.
    And Betty was nice to Don.
    If Lucky Strike is gone, and the firm survives, will they bring back Sal?

I'll Check my collar, collar, hey, hey, ey
    vCash
    I don't have much to add except I'm just loving this season so much. The Peggy/Don centered episode is possibly one of my favorite hours of television ever. So well done.

I want to be Sally when I grow up. Love that kid.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    So did Joan go through with it? Or is she still pregnant?
    I suspect she's still pregnant, and is going to pass it off as her husband's kid.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    I suspect she's still pregnant too. Although I didn't buy for a second that the actress in the waiting room with Joan was old enough to have a 15 y/o daughter, the scene was like an anvil to Joan - who has to know this is probably her last chance at having a baby.

I have suspected that the Beatles tickets would not come through, and thus serve as an example of Daddy disappointing Sally again. But they tickets did come. How nice it was to see Betty charmed by her daughter's response rather than resentful of Don's gift.

G-man to Betty: "Is he loyal?" - Boy there's a loaded question to ask this woman!

Not sure what to make of Don's look at Megan at the end. Is he seriously going to slip back into his sloppy ways again? Is Dr. Faye fast becoming a dear Anna-like friend rather than a future Mrs. (Not)Draper?

Dear Trudy - you make maternity wear look FABULOUS!

Dear Pete - You're the last honest man out there? Remember Peggy and the baby? I wonder if that is going to come to light at any point. As for taking a bullet for Don, I think the prospect of Don saying the agency could survive without him (Don) spooked Pete a bit. I imagine that's the only reason he took the bullet.

I like my Roger always suave and full of clever quips. Not realistic I suppose, sigh. Pathetic Roger was hard to watch - with Joan, with Lee, at the partner's meeting. I don't see him recovering from this quickly, so I guess we're in for more Pathetic Roger.

The whole Lane storyline doesn't play well with me. Not sure what it serves. His father is quite the A-hole. I wasn't sure how to read Lane's relative cheefulness about taking an LOA after hearing that the aviation account was gone. Perhaps he won't be back?

vCash
    Speaking of Peggy...where was she tonight?

I think Joan is still pregnant, but we'll see. I wonder if they'll kill off her husband?

And Don...stay AWAY from Megan. Please. You're being such a good boy and it's such a nice change...keep it in your pants!

vCash
    I like my Roger always suave and full of clever quips. Not realistic I suppose, sigh. Pathetic Roger was hard to watch - with Joan, with Lee, at the partner's meeting. I don't see him recovering from this quickly, so I guess we're in for more Pathetic Roger.
    But Roger IS pathetic, imo. While he looks every inch the successful, distinguished business executive, he's really just an overgrown boy who has coasted by on his family connections his entire life. He's at the stage in life where people start to take stock of their lives and he probably has more regrets than most. Professionally, he's an empty suit. He doesn't have much of relationship with his daughter. He let the woman with whom he has the strongest emotional connection (Joan) slip away.

...The whole Lane storyline doesn't play well with me. Not sure what it serves. His father is quite the A-hole. I wasn't sure how to read Lane's relative cheefulness about taking an LOA after hearing that the aviation account was gone. Perhaps he won't be back?
    He and Don both grew up with violent, abusive fathers. It's one more thing they have in common. What I found most chilling about Old Man Price was the calm, matter-of-fact way he whacked Lane with that cane. It was a very calculated move to terrorize him into obediance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    He and Don both grew up with violent, abusive fathers. It's one more thing they have in common. What I found most chilling about Old Man Price was the calm, matter-of-fact way he whacked Lane with that cane. It was a very calculated move to terrorize him into obediance.
    So true, I think that is the point. It was a chilling scene, as the old man seem so unfazed by it.

Re - where is Peggy? I am thinking that is partially by design. Don was falling apart and Peggy was nowhere around. She is one that might help, but not sure, as I am pretty sure she does not know the Dick secret.

Just saw 'The Town' and gosh Jon Hamm is just so gorgeous.

vCash
    Desperation is creeping in on all fronts - The Governmental investigation on Don sent him into the most desperate mode I've ever seen.

Don is quite cavalier. He not only expects but demands that people clean up each and every one of his messes.

I think that we were supposed to guess whether Joan was still pregnant or not.

Were the Beatles considered 'tween music in 1965? I thought that 10 yr old. Sally going to see the Beatles was a little much?

Roger losing Lucky Strike was interesting. Maybe if he slept with the closeted client it may have changed matters

vCash
    I had DVR'ed Sunday 9/26 episode and I have just finished watching it.

Holy Crap,
    Lane-I've grown to like him. I feel so terrible for him. When he motioned to the AA woman in the playboy club I was like, uh oh. Its sweet that they really seemed to care for each other but so sad. I was thinking, its 1965, this is not a good time to have an interracial romance in the US. Even in NYC. Lane should have stayed in NYC, he's gonna go home and fall right back into his old life and being miserable. How sad is that.

Roger - Joannie knows Roger so well. Roger is obsessed with Lucky Strikes.

Joannie - Love me some Joannie. I think Joannie had the abortion. She's shown previously that she can put her emotions and feelings aside, aka when Greg, the now husband forced himself on her in Don's office before they were married.

Don - He is such a flawed character but I love him. I'm happy he told Faye. I think Don has met his match with Faye, I hope he doesn't "F" it up.

Betty - surprised me. I"m still waiting for the shoe to fall in that marriage. Betty finally has what she wants and I bet she's bored to tears.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Were the Beatles considered 'tween music in 1965? I thought that 10 yr old. Sally going to see the Beatles was a little much?
    There was no such thing as tween music in 1965, and I can assure you, that many 10 yr old girls were hysterical about the Beatles. I was 8 - and although I was not hysterical, I knew about them, and watched them on Ed Sullivan.

The neighbor girls who were 13 or so were hysterical about them. Totally in love with the "cute" Beatle - of course. And those accents...swoon...

vCash
    I knew all the Beatles' names when I was 3 (and my parents were 25) in 1964.

But later I kind of forgot about them until I was about 13 and they had already broken up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I knew all the Beatles' names when I was 3 (and my parents were 25) in 1964.

But later I kind of forgot about them until I was about 13 and they had already broken up.
    I've always had the impression that The Beatles were simply a major event at the time, and most people at least knew about them. It's not surprising Sally was excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    I've always had the impression that The Beatles were simply a major event at the time, and most people at least knew about them. It's not surprising Sally was excited.

Combine Bieber Fever, The Jonas Brothers, and HannaMontana/Miley Cyrus, and you might come close - maybe - to the Pop culture event that was the Beatles.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast