Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Oksana Domnina - New Interview

Here's a new interview with Oksana Domnina. Read about the recent RFSF elections, the difficult Olympic season and her plans for the future.

Oksana Domnina: "I'm not ready to say it's over!"
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    I am glad she is not ready to say it's over. She is great. She was the star of a all the women ice dancers last season! Even more than Meryl Davis!

vCash
    Thanks for the translation
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Thank you very much for this link and the translation.

Could you kindly change "pairs" as "ice dance" in the first sentence?

vCash
    While I feel both V&M and D&W as teams are on a league of their own in the current world of ice dancing, if we judge only the female dancers Domnina is IMO superior to both Meryl and Tessa. I still can vividly remember her at the CD in Vancouver after all these months, she was FIERCE and on fire.. Shame about her circunstances though.. She is like the Barbara Fusar-Poli of this last quadrennial, not letting her much weaker partner stop her way to the podium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Shame about her circunstances though.. She is like the Barbara Fusar-Poli of this last quadrennial, not letting her much weaker partner stop her way to the podium
    Maksim was definitely the stronger partner upto his series of knee injuries.

vCash
    I was going to say that Shabalin was great until his injury which caused him to be a lesser skater-I mean on skill level he was a million times greater than Margaglio.

That's very true about Domnina in the CD though. Blew everyone else away!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Thank you very much for this link and the translation.

Could you kindly change "pairs" as "ice dance" in the first sentence?
    English is not my first language so bear with me: are you suggesting I should change it to "in couple"? Or something else?

You're more than welcome, everyone!

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    With her level of skating the way it was in this quadrennial, up to 2008 and maybe even in 09, I would say she is slightly superior to the other ladies, or at least among the top female ice dancers. But last season, even with her partner's injury she wasn't even close to the same level of skating she used to be capable of, so how she can be the 'star' of all the ladies last season is beyond me. still, her Olympic CD is something i'd prefer to remember her by, one of the last glimpses of her previous greatness a couple years ago. So tender but powerful.

Great interview though! I actually love her straightforward, no-nonsense responses to those questions.
    Last edited by Fallcolor; 07-22-2010 at 12:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Maksim was definitely the stronger partner upto his series of knee injuries.
    His series of injuries was a real tragedy for ice dancing... I remember them in the 2007-2008 Grand Prix and they were still kicking ass and I thought for sure they would be Olympic champions..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    With her level of skating the way it was in this quadrennial, up to 2008 and maybe even in 09, I would say she is slightly superior to the other ladies, or at least, the top female ice dancer. But last season, even with her partner's injury she wasn't even close to the same level of skating she used to be capable of, so how she can be the 'star' of all the ladies last season is beyond me. still, her Olympic CD is something i'd prefer to remember her by, one of the last glimpses of her previous greatness a couple years ago.

Great interview though! I actually love her straightforward, no-nonsense responses to those questions.
    I loved her performance in the free dance more than any other performance by any other other woman in program in ice dance last season! Only Meryl in the Bollywood OD comes close to what Domnina did in that Double Life of Veronique Free Dance. It has been a major problem of mine that I never remember Tessa Virtue after Virtue and Moir perform.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    With her level of skating the way it was in this quadrennial, up to 2008 and maybe even in 09, I would say she is slightly superior to the other ladies, or at least, the top female ice dancer. But last season, even with her partner's injury she wasn't even close to the same level of skating she used to be capable of, so how she can be the 'star' of all the ladies last season is beyond me. still, her Olympic CD is something i'd prefer to remember her by, one of the last glimpses of her previous greatness a couple years ago.

Yes, but you have to understand that she had to slow down for Maxim, and she was skating for both of them!

Still, despite it all, they had no rivals in the CDs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Yes, but you have to understand that she had to slow down for Maxim, and she was skating for both of them!

Still, despite it all, they had no rivals in the CDs!
    On a technical level this is true-she had to work a lot harder and was still the most charismatic woman in ice dance!

vCash
    English is not my first language so bear with me: are you suggesting I should change it to "in couple"? Or something else?
    English isn't my first language either so maybe I misunderstood you. In the beginning of the article you call them "2010 Olympic bronze medalist in Vancouver in pairs with Maxim Shabalin". I understood this as the pairs discipline, instead of ice dance, so I thought it was a lapsus.

Sorry for nitpicking. I really appreciate your translating this article.

vCash
    Thank you for posting and translating the interview ostile17 .It is good to know that both Oksana and Maxim retired with dignity and satisfaction.Maybe it wasn't the way they,ve imagined it 4-5 years ago but considering Max's troubles it was as glorious as if they won the Olympic title.Good luck to both of them ♥

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Very classy of her to praise the Olympic champions as she did.
    Thanks for the translation.

vCash

You're more than welcome, everyone!
    No, just "with" would do.

vCash
    Domnina and Maxim are classy human beings. They both went through a lot during last three of four years, yet they handled themselves very well. Kudos to them for that and fighting till the very end. i will miss them a lot.

vCash
    I never was their fan until the last season when all 3 programmes of theirs became my favourite among all the couples that season. Their so elegant, passionate and mature CD, the funny and really original OD (now when the Olympics are over and the proper teams got Gold and Silver - are there any offended left?...), and their so tender and emotional FD.
    But surely this is their classy attitude that attracts many, I guess. They both are beautiful people on and off the ice

YEAH!
    vCash
    Thanks for translating/posting!

So I guess the pregnancy rumors aren't true! I hope she does skate with Roman in a few shows... they'd have some hot chemistry and that's really missing from dance today.

I liked her comment on V&M. I think/hope she is right... their style looks really good on them because they are freaking brilliant and their skating skills are so pure, but that streamlined, romantic style really does not work on lesser couples, and it's not a trend I want to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast