Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Was that a Paso or a color guard performance at the halftime of a high school football game?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash
    Adechike pwned Jose. WTF did the judges see?
    Sit vis nobiscum.
    Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur

vCash
    Alex is in the audience!

I hate Kat's trashbag dress. and...she's wearing that to announce that SYTYCD won an Emmy for costume design.

very underwhelming night of performances. meh.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I can see why Billy didn't want to do Stepping with a sore knee.

I wonder who will perform with Kent. ooh Twitch.

Yucky dance. Yucky Kent faces. I'd rather see some Russian folk dance.

Twitch was good. Kent looked rough to me.

Adam really liked it.

eta- Sigh. I'm definitely not Mia. She thought it was disgusting.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I will have to give a full summary later, but I am totally mortified by that step routine. It looked like a spastic version of Lord of the Dance. I didn't care for Kent in that at all.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    When I went to the University of Houston, we used to watch the step teams for Texas Southern. They were awesome.

That was not.

following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash
    Ugh. I do not see what the judges see.

vCash
    Lauren really rocked it tonight. My favorite male was Asscheek or however it's pronounced!

And what was up with Kat's dress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Lauren really rocked it tonight. My favorite male was Asscheek or however it's pronounced!

And what was up with Kat's dress?
    Gotta love your spelling of Adechike - I had my first laugh of the day because of it and it's 10:15 pm here. Thanks, Cupid!
    Crazy about sports!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Another easy night for me.

Lauren won the night. She was great in both her dances.

Adechike and Robert both were really good. Robert was ahead in the partner dances and Adechike had the best solo of the night.

Kent just didn't appeal to me in his Sonja piece, and I hated the stepping one. I hate that his popularity will keep him on until the finale. I guess I had to pay for liking Benji over Travis at some point...

Jose continues to show that he has a long way to go to match the ability of past b-boys contestants.

Judges- please keep Billy and lose Jose.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    UM They did a Step piece in Season 3, Jimmy and Shauna, Dave Scott choreography

The thought of Jose doing Sonya made me but I am actually LOVING this piece. Okay so it's 90% Allison, which is probably why I'm loving it, but he was decent enough to not distract from how amazing she was. I actually really enjoyed that, and I usually HATE pedestrian Contemporary. It was quirky and fun, it kind of reminded me those scenes from the Silent Films in the boat on the lake. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Or the old 30s and 40s Cartoons.
    Last edited by LordCirque; 07-22-2010 at 04:26 AM.

vCash
    I really enjoyed all the partnered dances tonight. Strangely I enjoyed Adechike's solo the most. (usually I find him dull) I hope Jose goes home this week, he's just really not a great dancer.

vCash
    Do we know what Billy was supposed to dance this week?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    Do we know what Billy was supposed to dance this week?
    Stepping and his all-star was Courtney Galiano but I can't find out what style. I haven't watched the show yet but she tweeted
    Sad I'm not dancing this week with Billy but so happy he took the time to rest his knee, he's feeling much better! Amazing show so far! about 4 hours ago via UberTwitter

vCash
    Will Billy do a solo tomorrow night?

I think it was smart for Billy to not dance this week. He probably figured even if he did dance, he'll end up in the bottom three. And that stepping routine would have done him no favours in garnering votes.

Crossing my fingers for Billy!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Aaah, help, can anyone tell me the numbers for each dancer? I got confused byt he duets and solos and forgot to write it down
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Lauren is 01 and Robert is 03 if that helps. I was tweeted their numbers.

vCash
    This season is turning out to be the plot of an '80s horror film - one by one, participants are disappearing....and Nigel says "maybe we should offer some warm up. Or something." Yeah mate, that's a good idea.

Kenny Ortega was kind of a useless judge. He mostly congratulated the choreographers and the all-stars

Please tell me the costume Emmy didn't go to the person in charge of costumes this season

Lauren killed it tonight. All of her dances were great - she was fab with Twitch, her solo was way better than most contemporary dancers' - same choreo, but she actually made it meaningful. Reminded me of Allison's solos from S2. And the comments for the Samba pissed me off all over the place - she was fantastic in that.

AdeChike had 2/3 of a great night and 1/3 of a challenge to over come. His solo was gorgeous - he has nuance, great timing and excellent ballon. The hip hop dance with Comfort was excellent and better than the choreography. Comfort has come a long way for sure. The 2-guy Paso was... not a great idea. I don't think it would have worked well with any two guys this season. Adechike started off strong, but once the partnering kicked in, he was basically in the role of keeping it from falling apart. Choreographically it wasn't that great either.

Kent has now been crowned the winner and is now doomed for injury next week. I can't decide if this is Melinda's revenge, or Fans of Jose working hard to keep him in the competition, but Kent better watch out! Loved the Sonya dance with Kathryn (esp using the fab Janelle Monae!!), but agree with Mia about Kent's faces. I thought Kent had the worst solo of the night. The stepping...should have been a disaster, especially since he ended up with Twitch as his partner. It wasn't a disaster, but certainly wasn't high-quality stepping. And the faces were worse here than in the earlier dance. I think Kent would have looked better doing this next to Billy, though.

Oh, and as LC said, this wasn't the first time there's been stepping on the show. I was ready to cheer Nigel for bringing that up, but then he just goes and admits that he had help choreographing his 5 Guys Named Moe piece. (((Jimmy)))

Jose gave the best solo he's done all season. It was really enjoyable, in fact. Maybe getting schooled by Dom last week helped him. I loved the Sonya piece with Allison. It played to Jose's strengths - musicality, connection with his (female) partner, and strong partnering skills. He really did a lot in this piece and did it well. Was the piece constructed to show him in the best light? Yes. but lots of choreographers have done that for many of the dancers on the show - it's not new. In fact, it's the mark of a good choreographer. Unfortunately, nothing could save Jose from that Paso. He started with ok attitude, but he just doesn't know how to do duets with guys. The very things that he does well with women are atrocious with the guys.

Robert continues to get unbelievably OTT comments and I just can't figure it out. his solo tonight was very nice, but there are things I've seen again and again from him that I was sure he'd get called on in both his partner dances tonight - nope. At least Mia pointed out his hands, but I thought Robert and Lauren did not have good chemistry, and his feet are lazy (I was particularly watching them b/c Jose had just been called on not pointing his feet. This is Robert's style - he should have much better feet than he does). I loved Robert in the Samba when he was doing solo work. But he is a weak partner. There were a couple of almost botched hand holds that looked like his responsibility, and that last "lift" was just awful. He didn't really get Lauren and during that turn I was afraid she was going to just slip out of his grasp entirely. he has some very nice qualities and should be able to get better at all these things, but it makes me batty that he isn't being called on it.

I heart Cat.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Gen, what's even funnier is, they did the Step piece from Season 3 ON TOUR!

vCash
    I just went to SYTYCDism to see if they had the rest of the numbers (I swear I'm not trying to vote for Jose! - i'm looking for Adechike's #), and saw that Benji Schwimmer has a band and they made a video. I may not recover from having watched it. the song is benign enough - generic mid-'90s-type song - but the video is so gosh darned earnest and is All About The Benji.

Oh, and I saw a gorgeous trio choreographed by Travis that includes Nick Lazzarini on a stage surrounded by the water. I really wanted the piece to end with someone diving off it

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast