Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

vCash
    I don't really understand where it's all coming from but it generally seems to be from Robert and Jose fans who are freaking out that Billy might stay at one of their favorite's expense. But then there are also some crazed Billy fans who are po'd that Nigel has put Billy in the position to have to defend himself against these crazed fans. The level of civility in this country has really gone down the tubes. Nigel isn't helping by retweeting and responding.

ETA: I hadn't realized until reading his twitter feed that Jose hasn't been performing in the group numbers (they've been so bad I haven't been watching them). What's that about? He hasn't responded to people asking why.

vCash
    Probably because he's not technically capable of what the choreographers are asking for and wanting. He probably, very negatively, stands out next to the others so therefore they just don't have him perform in them.

Given his performance in Sonya's piece and in the Broadway, I'd say that's very likely the reason.

vCash
    I think Jose could have handled the jazz. With Billy out, they may have dropped Jose to avoid having to reblock the piece.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Although I really like Robert and am pulling for him to do well, I also adore Billy. I vote for both. Jose-well, he needs to take his pretty face and go to a modeling agency.I think i said that before. Sweet child, but he's definitely outclassed dance-wise.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    ETA: I hadn't realized until reading his twitter feed that Jose hasn't been performing in the group numbers (they've been so bad I haven't been watching them). What's that about? He hasn't responded to people asking why.
    In the Top 7 Tyce group dance, I didn't see Jose till the very end. He ran in pushing one of the pieces of rolling furniture or platforms, then ran to the side. I thought I had just missed him in the group. Went back and watched on youtube and I couldn't see him there in the beginning - I think they just used him to move the furniture at the end. But he had a costume. I wonder if Tyce tried, but he wasn't working out so they just reduced him to a stage hand.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    That's just plain shitty. Choreographers need to work with the people they've got. And it's the mark of a good choreographer that they can make a piece that highlights the strengths of their dancers so that they don't look out of place AND the piece doesn't look dumbed down. These are all professional choreographers, so they're capable of doing this. These are exhibition pieces, not part of the compteition.

I think two things are going on here - having the all-stars is pushing the show to have every piece be more and more difficult to highlight their abilities (many of the group numbers have had all-stars as the focus and it's been hard to find ANY of the current competitors, which I would say is a big downside to this format. Just have the group numbers be for all-stars only if that's who you want to show ). I think there's also a more active compeition among the choreographers to get Emmy nods.

If Nigel wants to figure out why so many of his dancers this season are getting injured, maybe he should look there.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Group Routine this week:

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    Group Routine this week:

Spoiler

Spoiler

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I started a new thread for this week.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910