Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

vCash
    angietang, I live in China and have done for several years - I plan to stay here for my working life, and have a company here. I studied Chinese and China for more than 10 years before moving here. I have studied at a Chinese university here. I have never had a Chinese person insult my intelligence because of a differing opinion. The Chinese and foreigners have some different tastes, but it has absolutely nothing to do with lack of knowledge, it has to do with personal taste. And as far as this singer is concerned, many of my Chinese friends agreed with me that she was not a good singer.

I am not ignorant for having an opinion about a singer or having a personal opinion that Chinese music is horrible. It has nothing to do with my understanding of China and its culture. And yes, I did tell my Chinese friends, and they agreed with me. I supposed you think they're ignorant about China and its culture too. Rational people understand that there's a difference between a personal opinion about singer and ignorance about an entire country and its culture. Even the few that liked the singer weren't insulted - we have different tastes, big deal. None of them insulted me by saying me not liking the singer meant I obviously no very little about China. I didn't use really bad and horrible to describe the Chinese culture, I used it to describe the voice of a singer. Rational people understand the difference.

And on that note, I'm not wasting any more time replying to your posts.

vCash
    Angelskates, I suppose you struck a nerve when you represented yourself to be a foreigner that hates the majority of Chinese music. I am Chinese and I happen to agree with you about modern Chinese music. Traditional Chinese music is beautiful though. But I can see why someone who doesn't agree with you may take your comments as much bigger than you intended (i.e. on a nationalistic, cultural level instead of just a personal taste level). Chinese people are very nationalistic.

Jane Zhang is way too showy for my taste but I don't think she is a BAD singer. She at least is prettier than the other two girls who beat her at that singing contest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meteor16 View Post
    All of them look gorgeous especially mai~
    thanks for posting!!
    I agree; all three are gorgeous, but Mai is just

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Chinese people are very nationalistic.
    You are Chinese? Oh, I am surprised...

vCash
    angietang, calm down

yes or no, some people like it , there must be people hate it too, it always come as a package, just like black and white, if there is no black to highlight white, you dont really realize how white it is.

so just take it easy, and I think Angelskates' opinion might be correct, there is still a lot to be improved for Chinese pop music. this is not a bad thing.

vCash
    I thought this thread was about a skating show.

Shen and Zhao were great as always. Turandot is wonderful. Nice to see Shen's reaction at the end.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-07-2010 at 04:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    I thought this thread was about a skating show.

Shen and Zhao were great as always. Turandot is wonderful. Nice to see Shen's reaction at the end.
    Their Turandot was wonderful. Considering this is one of the first large scale, international figure skating shows in China, I would consider it a big success.

I think it would be great to see Lulu too.

vCash
    Their Turandot was wonderful. Considering this is one of the first large scale, international figure skating shows in China, I would consider it a big success.

I hope Shen and Zhao keep hosting this kind of international shows in the future. Having more shows (especially in Asia, with figure skating markets growing) is always good.
    Last edited by amaro; 09-07-2010 at 12:51 PM.

vCash

There are still many problems, this time the guests don't get much many because is SZ's wedding.and over half tickets go to sponsers,many audience didn't buy it...so I can't imagine if all the tickets sale to the public,what will happened......

and Angelskates,I don't know why you keep writing so long articals about a camoe singerI don't think anyone has offend you...Maybe you are a little too sensitive or take youself too seriously?

at first it's just something about personal music taste ,but your manner of speaking seems you're in angry ,but others can't understand IMO.I don't know why you do this,but I feel a little annoyed that you keep relative a singer to the whole country's music taste or the cuture .In fact,We have 1.3 billion people here ,with different taste,not buy music by too many ads and the music industy won't full of R&B or so.acturally something the way you speaks look like those western politician who usually blame us whatever we did.

I don't think China is somewhere like a alien.We have our MJ,we have our Lady Gaga,we have our Leona Lewis.If Leona Lewis can sing on the Olympics,why our Leona Lewis can't sing on her best frieds's wedding?

ok,I don't want to do a lengthy speech .The main idea I want to say is —— It's a Ice Show after all.It's only take place in China.Can we talk more about figure skating itself,please ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    and Angelskates,I don't know why you keep writing so long articals about a camoe singerI don't think anyone has offend you...Maybe you are a little too sensitive or take youself too seriously?
    I think telling someone that they don't know much about China when they simply stated that they don't like Chinese music is not the nicest thing to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post
    Just watched the wedding video. So sweet and they look so happy! Does anyone have the translation of the song that the girl sang while they skated? Or rather screeched while they skated.

The song's title may be translated into"The One And Only Best",
    The theme of the song is "My whole life is crazy about you, and the love is the one and only best''.
    The song matchs ShenZhao' life very appropriate!

PS: better quality videos
    ShenZhao's The One And Only Best
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTI3MDUy.html

ShenZhao's Turandot
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTI1NDI4.html

ShenZhao/DongWu/ZhangWang's Pase Doble (partial)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTIzODEy.html
    Last edited by yaoyao; 09-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    My God!!! What a kind of you. Downloaded successfully and enjoyed it for 21 minutes! Thank you, again. xièxie!
    Bu ke qi (you're welcome!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaoyao View Post
    The song's title may be translated into"The One And Only Best",
    Or, "No Other in Heaven and Earth".

vCash
    Thank you, everyone for posting videos, pics and reports. I really enjoyed them.The show looks exciting and magnificent. Congraturations to everyone who was involved in this show for the success.

I hope I will be able to watch the TV broadcast of this show online on September 11, or it will be televised in Japan someday. There has been news about this show on Japanese media too, some major serious newspapers included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Don't know if it's the case in China, but in Japan all pop stars need to be is good looking. Vocal ability is optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    In France singers must have a hoarse voice, look miserable and recite their songs rather than sing them. With a few exceptions of course.

You two are so funny!

vCash
    I so liked Mao's skating, the new program is rough but she is so light, like a butterfly!

vCash
    I didn't realize in my first viewing but now I see that her program does not have a spiral sequence. I sense that many other skaters' programs would not have without one either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Thank you, everyone for posting videos, pics and reports. I really enjoyed them.The show looks exciting and magnificent. Congraturations to everyone who was involved in this show for the success.
    Ditto! Thanks everybody!

vCash
    have the rehearsals been posted?

20100903-AOI IN CHINA-DRESS REHEARSAL-HOMEVIDEO
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTMyNDg0.html

20100903-AOI IN CHINA-DRESS REHEARSAL-2-HOMEVIDEO
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTMzMzM2.html

20100903-AOI IN CHINA-DRESS REHEARSAL-3-HOMEVIDEO
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTM1MDYw.html

20100903-AOI-DRESS REHEARSAL-4-HOMEVIDEO
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0NTQxNTA0.html

20100903-AOI-DRESS REHEARSAL-5-HOMEVIDEO