Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Many Western countries do this as well - Australia, Canada, the US, England etc. all have the tradition for the bride to throw the bouquet to her single friends, and whoever catches it is supposed to get married next. Of course, it's up to the bride to want to follow the tradition, but it is quite common (and it's in a lot of movies too ) Has caused many a cat fight with the pushing and shoving that sometimes goes on!
    In Russia it is also so. Look here you never guess who now helps each other to get married.
    It is from may 2010 MTV music awards. Watch from 2.50 if you don't understand russian no translation needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEuEO...eature=related

The last couple is reported to have their wedding in fall.

vCash
    I come across this beautiful photo of Mao and Mai with a Chinese singer.
    http://cn.janezhang.com/upload/43fab...f75085f4cb.jpg
    I always thought Asada sisters don't resemble each other. But in this photo, they do resemble.

vCash
    • I disagree that the most cheers went to S/Z - in fact no where near the amount of cheering that Plushy and Weir received went to the Chinese skaters IMO.
      (rest of the notes are in order taken from my phone, as I was texting eliza61)
    • Lots of talking at the beginning. Lady translates when the skaters congratulate S/Z etc in English, though her translation is nothing and is basically the same each time.
    • Really bad singer, everyone claps when she hits a high note, but actually she sounds awful.
    • Fab live orchestra
    • Weir looks like a girl, as the lady next to me points out (actually she asked me if he was a girl or boy)
    • Weir was a HUGE hit with Lady Gaga, everyone loves him. Good skate.
    • Joannie absolutely gorgeous with My Immortal
    • Lambiel is awesome and gorgeous with Let the Good Times Roll
    • Mao big splat but she is fast and gorgeous. The Chinese try and clap to every song but majorly lack rhythm
    • Yagudin blew lots of kisses, he also had a big splat. Clapping should be banned. His sit spin is more like a squat. Someone threw him a bear bigger than the flower boy who picks it up.
    • Live orchestra is very impressive. I've secretly always wanted to skate to a live orchestra.
    • I love P/T in person, on TV they're just not as good.
    • HUGE cheer for Plush. I've seen this program a billion times
    • The Chinese pairs never stop amazing me. They are elegant machines.
    • Chinese ladies champ skated, 13 years old. Not great, slow, not clean. Cheltzie is much better
    Well, thanks for your review. The singer was that bad huh?

Once polished, Mao's Tango SP might turn out to be a spectacular one. I loved the footwork a lot.The spread eagle at the beginning of the step sequence, Very Cool!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssDtCe8iq4w
    Mao's second performance of the night Ballade No.1.
    Now this is a masterpiece. Quintessential Mao Asada. Even though I've been much more interested in her powerful and dramatic programs, this is so Mao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineK View Post
    I always thought Asada sisters don't resemble each other. But in this photo, they do resemble.
    They do resemble each other. But I think Mai is more interested in make-up, hairdo and fashion and more excellent at them (or I could say more professional since she used to be a model) than Mao. Mao doesn't seem to take much interest in make-up and hairdo when she is off the ice, and prefer casual clothes. She often appears before cameras without make-up and with rough hair during practice. I sometimes wish Mai could give her lessons on make-up, hairdo and fashion. With a little bit of make-up, her noble beauty shines out.
    But I think that's (not so interested in make-up) our natural Mao.
    Last edited by galaxy; 09-06-2010 at 05:04 AM.

vCash
    All of them look gorgeous especially mai~
    thanks for posting!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Not working in Korea but never mind!!!

Two thumbs up!!! Works well!

Great for ShenZhao!! Great for Chinese skating fans!! How wonderful wedding it is

Thank you for posting, yaoyao.

I upload the video for you!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mqk5tx78q3drxhl

At the after party, Coach Yao gave ShenZhao a piano as wedding present! And performanced a song"Love You For Ten Thousand Year" to ShenZhao!

Yao Sir, l love you too!
    Last edited by yaoyao; 09-06-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Judging by the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics, there seem to be many Chinese pop stars who are very bad singers.

Don't know if it's the case in China, but in Japan all pop stars need to be is good looking. Vocal ability is optional.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Don't know if it's the case in China, but in Japan all pop stars need to be is good looking. Vocal ability is optional.
    In France singers must have a hoarse voice, look miserable and recite their songs rather than sing them. With a few exceptions of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaoyao View Post
    I upload the video for you!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mqk5tx78q3drxhl
    My God!!! What a kind of you. Downloaded successfully and enjoyed it for 21 minutes! Thank you, again. xièxie!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    In France singers must have a hoarse voice, look miserable and recite their songs rather than sing them. With a few exceptions of course.
    You are kidding me...

Back to the point: Generous Evgeni gave S/Z a pair of LV purses as their wedding presents and he especially emphasized that they were bought abroad and not Made in China...

Banned Member
    vCash

vCash
    I met them twice closely.I think Mao is cuter and Mai is more beautiful and mature and sexy.

and they both look very good without any heavy make up

vCash
    Judging by the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics, there seem to be many Chinese pop stars who are very bad singers.

The little that I've heard of current Chinese, Korean and Japanese pop music leaves a lot to be desired - the singers' vocal abilities are atrocious. I can honestly say that I sing better than most of them, and I'm far from being a terribly good singer.

Really the only East Asian singer I've heard whose voice was just lovely was Teresa Teng, whom I heard in practically every restaurant in Beijing when I was on a tour there many years ago.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash

Wow. Just like in America.

Bringing Albinoni Back
    vCash
    Just watched the wedding video. So sweet and they look so happy! Does anyone have the translation of the song that the girl sang while they skated? Or rather screeched while they skated.

vCash
    LOL Johnny http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0MjcwMzU2.html

All Hd Videos here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/yayachrisptar

Stephane's Roll video is and Plush did catchfoot spiral and spin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angietang View Post
    How could a "really bad singer" be invited to such a grand occasion? In other words, most Chinese people are in poor taste from aesthetical perspective, right?
    Famous singer does not always mean good singer, it means marketable singer. and not just in China as this thread has shown. And, yes, I do believe that the majority of Chinese music is horrible and that I have different tastes there obviously. But again, it has nothing to do with my knowledge of China and the Chinese. Chinese music is almost never a hit in other countries, it is a very specific taste.

Why haven't you told the other posters who have expressed dislike for the singer that they obviously know very little about China, angietang? Because remember, a negative personal opinion about a Chinese singer obviously means that person knows very little about China according to you.

Quote Originally Posted by angietang View Post
    "Who are able to buy her CDs?" Can you calculate precisely how many CDs of hers have been sold out so far considering the prevalent pirated discs in China? Anyway, your definition of the term "popular" is very interesting and refreshing. I feel much honored to hear it for the first time in my life.
    Glad I could educate you. Pirated CDs have nothing to do with it, they don't make the artist money. This woman has done very well so she's obviously sold legitimate CDs and marketed herself well. It's actually common sense and knowledge that artists aim to sell to a particular demographic and everyone else is either a bonus or irrelevant. It's like politicians don't aim their campaigns at those who can't vote, singers don't aim their songs or marketing at those outside a particular demographic (for example, this singer wouldn't be aiming at children, or farmers).

You've yet to answer how my personal opinion about a Chinese singer relates to my knowledge of China, despite my repeatedly asking, so I am going to assume you don't actually have an answer and you just said something stupid and won't admit it.

Quadless
    vCash
    This is a nice thread about a beautiful event. Would you please not spoil it with your personal bickering about something that is completely off topic?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Mao's gorgeous. Her dress reminds me of MK's dress for FOG.

vCash
    Famous singer does not always mean good singer, it means marketable singer. and not just in China as this thread has shown. And, yes, I do believe that the majority of Chinese music is horrible and that I have different tastes there obviously. But again, it has nothing to do with my knowledge of China and the Chinese. Chinese music is almost never a hit in other countries, it is a very specific taste.

Why haven't you told the other posters who have expressed dislike for the singer that they obviously know very little about China, angietang? Because remember, a negative personal opinion about a Chinese singer obviously means that person knows very little about China according to you.

Glad I could educate you. Pirated CDs have nothing to do with it, they don't make the artist money. This woman has done very well so she's obviously sold legitimate CDs and marketed herself well. It's actually common sense and knowledge that artists aim to sell to a particular demographic and everyone else is either a bonus or irrelevant. It's like politicians don't aim their campaigns at those who can't vote, singers don't aim their songs or marketing at those outside a particular demographic (for example, this singer wouldn't be aiming at children, or farmers).

You've yet to answer how my personal opinion about a Chinese singer relates to my knowledge of China, despite my repeatedly asking, so I am going to assume you don't actually have an answer and you just said something stupid and won't admit it.
    I think you are too sensitive to my words "It seems that you know very little about China!" Because I see that you are located in Beijing, you should have a better understanding about China and its culture, but, if you insist that "the majority of Chinese music is horrible", I think that I have Nothing to say in reply. I am not at all offended by your ignorant posts, but feel pity for your senseless arrogance!

"Glad I could educate you. Pirated CDs have nothing to do with it"
    Pirated CDs have nothing to do with what? With her popularity? You are trying very hard to gain the upper hand of me in this pointless stuff with your ridiculous and unreasonable sophistry, but all your painstaking efforts turn out in vain.

I admit that I am not complete Chinese in a sense, and I know that there are so many things that are beyond the scope of my mind in China, but unlike you, I am a very rational person. I will NEVER use the terms " REALLY BAD" & "HORRIBLE" to describe different culture in other countries. BTW, did you tell your Chinese friends about the singer in the same way as you did to me in Chinese?

If you think everything you said about China & its culture is correct by your own standards, OK, that's it. Enjoy your stay in China!
    Last edited by angietang; 09-07-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast