I <3 Kozuka
    vCash

Official Vancouver Olympic Tome

The multi-kilo tome souvenir book that VANOC published was delivered last week. The Figure Skating section begins with a two-page spread of Virtue/Moir in their OD costumes, with Virtue's quote "We've grown up both on and off the ice together. It's fun and it's comforting to take centre ice at the Olympic Games in Canada with your best friend."

The next spread is a long shot from the top of the arena with Kemp/King in purple on the ice, I think in the pairs spin. That's followed by a spread on Rochette called "Pain, Courage, and Reward", with photos and a description of how she competed after her mom had just died suddenly. Next, "A Beautiful Battle for Gold", with a description of Kim vs. Asada. and then a photo spread of the Ladies medalists and crowd reactions.

Men follow with "Perfection and Artistry Earn Gold" on the left, mainly Lysacek vs. Plushenko, but the text concludes with "Takahashi lost points when he fell on his opening quadruple toe loop, but for a skater who missed the previous season recovering from knee surgery, his rise to the podium was inspiring." ( editors).

To the right, a bit of Canadian snark: a photo of Plushenko surrounded by press with the caption, "Talking to the media after finishing a close second to American Evan Lysacek, Russia's Evgeni Plushenko was not shy about expressing his disappointment, sharing his opinion on the importance of the quad jump with all who would listen."

Then a photo spread of Plushenko mid-jump, Weir's final pose in the FS, Chan gesturing, and Lysacek with his feather's flying.

"All in the Family" is the title of the spread on Shen/Zhao, which has a big podium shot of all three medalist teams. There are some great shots of S/Z warming up by tossing an American football.

Next is "A Connection with History" of Virtue/Moir in the Mahler, followed by shots of Kiss and Cry, the podium, one of Davis/White with Zoueva and Shpilband, and then a full page of Moir somehow managing to jump up one of the entrance walls and be caught in his two brothers' arms without hurting himself

Among the photo montage in the Closing Ceremony section is a lovely photo of Rochette holding the flag with a fellow medalist.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    The title on the section summary is "One for the Ages", which I found was a perfect description.

vCash
    I hope in the photo of Plushenko in mid jump he is not tilted.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    The whole book is absolutely beautiful...the photos are ! Money very well spent.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Found the book at a library last week - it's gorgeous! I'll definitely be getting a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    To the right, a bit of Canadian snark: a photo of Plushenko surrounded by press with the caption, "Talking to the media after finishing a close second to American Evan Lysacek, Russia's Evgeni Plushenko was not shy about expressing his disappointment, sharing his opinion on the importance of the quad jump with all who would listen."