Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Online dating

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    My standards aren't that high - employed, breathing and wifeless about covers it. Hair is a plus.

In the first two weeks, I can't seem to get two out of three. Mr. Looking for Mom was the best of the lot.
    Well, with the economy being what it is...

vCash

My standards aren't that high - employed, breathing and wifeless about covers it. Hair is a plus.

Add not an alcoholic to that and you have the perfect man.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    "Are you my Mother?"
    No, zaph is a SNORT .

Sorry. No matter how I try, I. Cannot. Erase. That. Cursed. Book. From. My. Brain.

BYTCH has a lead on a guy who just might meet your criteria, zaph. Send her an email about it.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    No, zaph is a SNORT .

Sorry. No matter how I try, I. Cannot. Erase. That. Cursed. Book. From. My. Brain.

BYTCH has a lead on a guy who just might meet your criteria, zaph. Send her an email about it.
    You'd better watch out for those FSU leads, though. lash tried to hook me up with some guy she knew but later admitted she thought the guy was a douche. (Boy, was I glad that didn't pan out.) It's just that I played piano...I think. This was a long time ago, I don't really remember anymore. Maybe if lash checks this out she'll set me straight.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    You'd better watch out for those FSU leads, though. lash tried to hook me up
    PML! That was as far as I needed to go.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Lates response is from a guy half my age looking to be "mentored and nurtured." I don't think so, bud.
    You're looking at this the wrong way! I once dated a guy who was very, shall we say, accomplished, and he credited his skillz to that nice older lady who took him under her wing once upon a time. I said, "Skategods bless you, nice cougar lady!" Think of it as charity work, your way of giving back to the female community.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    PML! That was as far as I needed to go.
    I know. I've learned my lesson.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    You do have to somewhat lower your standards, but that depends on what your standards are.

In the first two weeks, I can't seem to get two out of three. Mr. Looking for Mom was the best of the lot.
    I have one for you. The good news is that he has hair. The bad news is that it is on his back and in his ears and his nose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    You're looking at this the wrong way! I once dated a guy who was very, shall we say, accomplished, and he credited his skillz to that nice older lady who took him under her wing once upon a time. I said, "Skategods bless you, nice cougar lady!" Think of it as charity work, your way of giving back to the female community.
    Been there, done that, don't care to repeat the experience, thank you very much. There's just something squicky about this guy. I mean, what kind of occupation is "inventory"? I figure it's a euphemism for "stock boy at Walmart."
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    My latest hilarious experience is too long to post here, but my tumblr page has a hilarious story on it from a real winner's profile.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I mean, what kind of occupation is "inventory"? I figure it's a euphemism for "stock boy at Walmart."
    Ouch.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Ouch.
    Granted, it's not the job, it's the attitude. I sometimes talk with our housekeeping supervisor when I stay late at work and even though all he does he pick up our trash, vacuum, and mop, he's so enthused about it. Not that janitorial work is his passion, but if you're gonna do something, put some pride and effort into it, ya know? Otherwise you're just unnecessarily making your life feel useless and miserable.

It's hard not to admire someone who has that kind of philosophy, no matter what job they have. My bf is an aerospace engineer and the way he talks about his job, it seems like he's going in every day to get his teeth pulled. At least he is passionate in programming something else as a hobby, otherwise I would have dumped him early on for being a sad pathetic sack.

vCash
    YMaybe if lash checks this out she'll set me straight.
    I don't remember either I am getting senile in my old age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    I don't remember either I am getting senile in my old age.
    Saved PMs to the rescue! His name was Dave. Dear God this was 4 years ago.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Been there, done that, don't care to repeat the experience, thank you very much. There's just something squicky about this guy. I mean, what kind of occupation is "inventory"? I figure it's a euphemism for "stock boy at Walmart."
    Might be, but I actually know someone who works for a business that does nothing but inventory. They shut down closing stores, basically, controlling all the inventory so the employees don't steal it all and so that profits/losses are controlled by a disinterested party (important in bankruptcy cases).

Yeah, I didn't know there was such a business, either, but she is busy all time and will happily talk your ear off about inventory control any time you ask (and even if you don't).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    My latest hilarious experience is too long to post here, but my tumblr page has a hilarious story on it from a real winner's profile.

PML!!!!! I burst out laughing at the first set of "mmmmmmmm's"

I can't believe this guy is serious! Don't these men have any sense of reality?!?! I met my boyfriend after a very brief online dating stint. That was nearly four years ago, and I forgot about how many crazies were in the online dating world!

vCash
    Saved PMs to the rescue! His name was Dave. Dear God this was 4 years ago.

OH!!! Dave!!! I didn't meet him on match.
    Dave was a co worker of my then (now ex) boyfriend who is still my BFF.

I did not meet Dave online, and while still a total douche he is now married. Thanks for making me feel REALLY old.

Sorry, judging by your bf's hobby he still qualifies as a sad sack. However he is cute. So you can keep him

INTJ
    vCash
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Really, Kruss, you are far too picky. Here we have a fabulous guy who will BUY YOUR GAS--and not just your mileage, but a FULL TANK OF GAS, plus give you $1000 if you don't think he's good looking enough.

AND he is willing to share $6000 worth of toys with you! Including one expensive MACHINE he bought in California with you (even before meeting you).

What do you want, woman? Blood??????

vCash
    Really, Kruss, you are far too picky. Here we have a fabulous guy who will BUY YOUR GAS--and not just your mileage, but a FULL TANK OF GAS, plus give you $1000 if you don't think he's good looking enough.

AND he is willing to share $6000 worth of toys with you! Including one expensive MACHINE he bought in California with you (even before meeting you).

What do you want, woman? Blood??????
    You forgot to mention he's a YOUNG KURT RUSSELL LOOK-ALIKE!!!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast