Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Online dating

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    You forgot to mention he's a YOUNG KURT RUSSELL LOOK-ALIKE!!!
    Only TALLER!!!!! MUCH taller!!!!! and THINNER!!!!!!
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lash View Post
    OH!!! Dave!!! I didn't meet him on match.
    Dave was a co worker of my then (now ex) boyfriend who is still my BFF.

I did not meet Dave online, and while still a total douche he is now married. Thanks for making me feel REALLY old.

Sorry, judging by your bf's hobby he still qualifies as a sad sack. However he is cute. So you can keep him
    Well hopefully Dave is happy, even though he is still reportedly a douche.

And at least bf is making iPhone games and not just playing them. Just spending his free time playing games would qualify as a sad sack...

vCash
    My latest hilarious experience is too long to post here, but my tumblr page has a hilarious story on it from a real winner's profile.
    OMG -- I actually have tears in my eyes from laughing. That's awesome!

I’m sorry that I don’t have a pic online but being an actor I try to keep a little bit of a low key.
    Yes, we all know it's very important for actors to keep a low profile and not have any headshots available.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    My latest hilarious experience is too long to post here, but my tumblr page has a hilarious story on it from a real winner's profile.
    ROFLMAO...C'mon Kruss. What's the worst that can happen if you go out with him? You leave with a full tank of gas.

Between this and PrincessLeppard's guy who likes "giving Long, Lingering, Tasteful & Lush-ish, Slow Kisses" and wants to place a kiss on her "neck", I think I will stay away from online dating. Look for me on an upcoming episode of Animal Hoarders in the years to come; I'll be one of the cat ladies.

In all seriousness, I do know two people who found serious relationships with normal, successful people on Match.com, so you never know. I say go for it if you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Yes, we all know it's very important for actors to keep a low profile and not have any headshots available.
    LOL

At least e-mail him for his pic and post it here. I would love to see what this one looks like.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Really, Kruss, you are far too picky. Here we have a fabulous guy who will BUY YOUR GAS--and not just your mileage, but a FULL TANK OF GAS, plus give you $1000 if you don't think he's good looking enough.

AND he is willing to share $6000 worth of toys with you! Including one expensive MACHINE he bought in California with you (even before meeting you).

What do you want, woman? Blood??????
    Not just any expensive machine, it's an F-ing machine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Not just any expensive machine, it's an F-ing machine!

Which could be taken a number of ways.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    After reading everything here. Singledom certainly has its advantages.

You don't have to share your Ben and Jerry's with anyone.

vCash
    I'm in the middle of an eHarmony semi-adventure. I tried eHarmony in the early 2000s. It was a total bust. I was handed a couple of matches a week, and the rare ones that interested me already looked at my profile and rejected me, so I couldn't even look at the profile . But when I saw that the site has changed quite a bit, I gave it another try.

Taking the SAT takes less time than answering the million questions they have for you before you even begin to work on your profile. Tedious, but I'm hoping all of that scares away illiterate losers and -- worse -- married men looking for some .

I'm sent about 7 matches daily. Half of them, no thanks. A couple of them, maybe. One or two a week that could be distinct possibilities. The first two weeks, however, I came to the conclusion that I'm shallow. I want my future mate to be somewhat attractive . Wasn't seeing anything like that at eHarmony at first .

But I do like how only people who are a basic match with you can try to contact you (although what's up with these 'anonymous views' of my profile?).

No dates yet. One I've talked to. He lives about 2 hours away and we work different schedules, so who knows when we will actually meet. He first contacted me, but I decided to send him a message in order to clarify something. He wrote in one of his 'must haves' is to be with a person who does not want children. I explained that it's unlikely that I'll get pregnant, but if I did I would want to keep the child. He replied that this setup doesn't allow people to fully explain the gray areas. He doesn't want to be with someone determined to have children. OK, so now that we both understand that...

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I mention my cats up front. Because if they don't like cats, or have allergies to cats, they're out.

So, um, yeah.
    Since I am quite allergic to cats, dogs...any animal with hair or fur...that's probably why I haven't dated much. I can sense that the man feels he will eventually need to choose me or his dog of 10 years, for example. Which isn't entirely true, especially if he pays for the medication , but with so many pet owners and pet lovers in this country...that really, really limits my possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    I've considered trying online dating, but it seems like a lot of work. I'm introverted too and while it would be nice to occasionally have someone there (especially going on vacations and things), I do need my space.
    There are many people online in the same situation and with the same goals.

How much work do you put into your profile?
    Initially up to an hour, but then I tweak it once in a while.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    After reading everything here. Singledom certainly has its advantages.

You don't have to share your Ben and Jerry's with anyone.
    Or the remote.

Or closet and drawer space.

Or the bathroom.

Which could be taken a number of ways.
    I hate to say this, but after reading Bonk--I have a whole cataologue of mental images stored away that popped right into my head.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Well, an update. I actually met someone 2 weeks ago through a random short visit to Florida with some friends, a nice guy who lives in Boston (I'm in Chicago). So instead of an online relationship, I may be getting into a long-distance one.

Another thing I never thought I'd do, and yet...somehow it's different because we already met and clicked. So I guess we'll see how this goes. It's been years for me...
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678