Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    The only time they skated their Carmen program clean was at nationals and you could finally really get some feeling of intensity from it. I wish they'd kept that program for 2 yrs. I know many people didn't think it worked for them, themselves included, but I don't think it was the program so much as their inconsistency, and that they didn't stick with it long enough to grow into it.
    A agree. Their Carmen grew on me over the season and it had hints of brilliance at Nationals. It was a less common and more subtle cut of the music that suited them perfectly. I thought Jessica actually displayed hints of a personality and seemed to be enjoying herself when they performed it at Nats. . .

TWWW leaves me cold. I know they have their own memories of the way they were, but the feelings attached to those memories have never come across to me when they skated the program. And IMO the program demands more maturity than they appear to have. Jess always looks like a sad 12 year old to me - though not only in this program.

To give a contrast, S&S's "Out of Africa" demands a similar maturity and although they never skated that program really well, I think that they do have the necessary maturity to pull it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    TWWW leaves me cold. I know they have their own memories of the way they were, but the feelings attached to those memories have never come across to me when they skated the program. And IMO the program demands more maturity than they appear to have. Jess always looks like a sad 12 year old to me - though not only in this program.

This.

Although I think D/D are able to skate beautifully sometimes, they don't seem to be able to portray any maturity beyond what they've already done. Any attempt at more mature emotions, IMO, has fallen flat. Particularly from Jessica.

vCash
    Re: new costumes, ask and it appears ye shall receive. The latest from Pj: Catching up...with Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison

They said that they would be keeping their free program to The Way We Were and have made some changes around the choreography as well as their costumes.
    Don’t say you didn’t ask for it if they show up in pink.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Re: new costumes, ask and it appears ye shall receive. The latest from Pj: Catching up...with Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison

Don’t say you didn’t ask for it if they show up in pink.
    Thanks for the link. I always enjoy PJ's blogs/articles.

OMG not pink! Please God not pink!

vCash
    Thank you skate gods!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    To give a contrast, S&S's "Out of Africa" demands a similar maturity and although they never skated that program really well, I think that they do have the necessary maturity to pull it off.
    Sigh...Aliona and Robin's Out of Africa...

I never really *got* these two until Skate Canada last year in Kitchener and this LP. Even though it was the debut and obviously still rough in places, for the first time ever they touched me w/their skating and made me cry. Out of all of last year's programs that were skated, this is the one I wish a team/skater would keep. Especially since I don't think it really got skated to it's full potential. They came really close w/it, but I think it was the fact it was a mid season switch for the reason why.

Sorry for the thread hi jacking...Back to D&D...

Glad to hear about the costume changes. I didn't mind Jess' dress design, so much as the colour, but I did hate w/a passion what Bryce was put in. It should be a crime to make such a good looking guy look like such an unmade bed!!

edited to add...Just read PJ's Blog about Jess and Bryce and...

Bryce remembers as a six year-old, wearing a Stars on Ice t-shirt and going to a "skate and meet" kind of event with other skaters from his club. He has a picture showing him being carried on Kurt Browning's shoulders. Not only did he get to meet his idol, he got to skate with him.
    And now Bryce is the one that the kids are going home and saying..."I got to meet and skate w/Bryce Davidson today!!" Talk about coming Full Circle.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 07-29-2010 at 03:34 AM.

vCash
    The baby of Annie Barabe is born. Congrats to the parents!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise View Post
    The baby of Annie Barabe is born. Congrats to the parents!!
    Congratulation to Annie and the father

I wish the best for Jessica and Brice this season, there is something about them that i like.

vCash
    I found the article a touch disappointing.

We had been hearing they were changing their lifts but it sounds like it's just a change to one entry of one lift. I hope that's not all they have to offer to up the ante (technically).

I'm cool with them keeping THE WAY WE WERE but yeah, costume changes would be a good thing. Jessica's was awesome but the gray taupe looked a little cold. Even a change to a warmer shade of gray would work. Pink would look like disco or the 80s, so I doubt that. Bryce needs the bigger upgrade. Looks like they forgot to make a costume for him so he pulled something out of his closet just before he skated. Ill-fitting, too.

Bryce's comment about working with Doug who was also not a big guy is, yes, a positive, but it makes me continue to wonder why pair guys don't beef up a little if they are smaller. You don't have to do it a ton so that you don't lose your jumps. Look at the upper body difference of a Dave Pelletier vs. Bryce. Dave is muscular and has all his jumps up to a lutz.

One guy who DID apparently do it is Eric Radford. He was never big but I would say in the last year the boy has put on some serious muscle. Go to Tony Wheeler's blog and do a search for him. There are pics in the tropics with him and Meagan and the boy is ripped. Wow! Now THAT's what I'm talkin about....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123