vCash

Amy Adams cast as Janis Joplin

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_N...+Daily+News%29

This could be brilliant, if the script and production are a match for Amy's considerable talents. We shall see.

vCash
    I'm not normally one to get huffy about things like that, but to me, Janis's look was part of who she was... I think they should have cast someone who looked more like her.

vCash
    They should have cast the girl from Across The Universe, Dana Fuchs. She's played her in the past and has an incredible sounding voice that greatly mimics Joplin, as well as partially resembles her. Her rendition of The Beatles "Helter Skelter" is RIDICULOUS!

vCash
    As much as I love Amy as a performer (Enchanted was brilliant) I just don't see her in this role. She can clearly sing, but singing Janis is a LOT different that singing Happy Working Song. She's an excellent performer, so mayber there is another side of her that we haven't seen yet, but I am very leery of her performance here.

vCash
    Wasn't Renee Zellweger at one point rumored to be playing Janis in a Joplin movie? Personally I think Renee's look and voice are a bit more suited, but we'll see what happens...

vCash
    I can't picture it, but maybe she will surprise us all. The casting people, director, etc. must be seeing something that I'm not.

vCash
    She's played so many Bambiesque roles with those big eyes of her. But I suspect she'll be transformed much like Charlize Theron was transformed in her role for "Monster". This has all the trappings of a "pretty actress transforms herself into a hard core role in pursuit of an Academy Award" type feel.

vCash
    It should be Jane Adams.

vCash
    I couldn't see Heath Ledger as playing the joker after Jack Nicholson either, but look how well he did.

I'm guessing Amy did something in auditions that really wowed them. Not sure they'd cast her randomly...but maybe.

She's so petite, yeah I would have thought they would have cast someone else based on that.

vCash
    They have been talking about making a movie about Janis for about 20 years.
    I can't believe it is finally happening.
    At one time they were going to make it with Melissa Ekridge(sp), but that fell through.
    As for the singing, Melissa would have been perfect, and the looks would have worked too.
    However, I have no idea if she can act. Now, she is too old for the part.