Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    I'm staying here from Wednesday to Wednessday:
    Which seems like a great location.
    That was my hotel last year. Very well centered, just a bit far from the beach (20 minutes by feet). But La Rambla is so good, day and night.
    Don't forget the Market and the Placa Reial.

vCash
    Hold onto your wallets/bags when in the busy part of the city.

I had two friends who had things lifted in one day! (they weren't even traveling together). Barcelona is a busy place, with some people who are very good at lifting things from unsuspecting tourists!!

Beautiful city...enjoy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fsfann View Post
    Hold onto your wallets/bags when in the busy part of the city.

I had two friends who had things lifted in one day! (they weren't even traveling together). Barcelona is a busy place, with some people who are very good at lifting things from unsuspecting tourists!!

Beautiful city...enjoy!
    Second that. Friends of my kids, who did semesters in Europe, said that Barcelona was the city where, either they or their friends got mugged/had a pocket or handbag picked/or had something snatched out of their hands.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Well, I'm glad poths got the warnings before he went.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Well, I'm glad poths got the warnings before he went.
    You mean he's not checking in every day?

I didn't think of it until fsfann mentioned it. I didn't take any major precautions, but I did carry a smaller purse.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A friend of mine always carries a cheap decoy wallet with an expired and canceled credit card and credit card-looking things like Subway and Safeway cards, some low-value currency, (from the last country he was in if that's applicable), etc. He uses a money belt for his passport, cash, real credit card, etc.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    A friend of mine always carries a cheap decoy wallet with an expired and canceled credit card and credit card-looking things like Subway and Safeway cards, some low-value currency, (from the last country he was in if that's applicable), etc. He uses a money belt for his passport, cash, real credit card, etc.
    I have a purse with a "false back". It's a hobo style purse with a flap. the flap has a zipper and the pocket goes all of the way to the bottom. If someone reached into my bag they'd get nothing of value. And it would be impossible to un-zip and get into the pocket. Plus the pocket is sewn into the bottom seam of the bag, so if they cut the bottom of the bag (so that your stuff falls out) the valuable stuff will not fall out. I don't bring my usual checkbook sized wallet, I bring a very small one. One that holds 1 credit card and my DL. I keep cash in a little zipper pouch so that the wallet and cash are separate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12