Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thank you for the interesting news!

Are there any news about Dominica Piatkowska, did she find a partner and can skate for Belgium or did she retire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Joanna has posted a video of their first throw triple flip on her Facebook and it’s absolutely gorgeous!
    I have to say, I'm very impressed, considering they don't even have a throw triple loop. Well done and good luck with this jump for the future, coz the one in the video is absolutely great It's really nice to see them develop after that pretty good performance and making it to the top 15 at Worlds

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Some friends and I were at the Herbfarm Restaurant in Woodenville, WA last night, and one of the waitstaff looked just like Joanna Budner, but wasn't. She must have wondered why I stared at her for a moment and kept looking at her name tag.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    ...Kamil Bialas and Radoslaw Chruscinski with his new partner have joined Sulej/Chruscinski in Canada for the Summer.
    I don't know about Radoslaw Chruscinski, but Kamil Bialas is training in Vancouver this summer.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by elfenblüte View Post
    Are there any news about Dominica Piatkowska, did she find a partner and can skate for Belgium or did she retire?
    Her bio has disappeared quite quickly from Ice Partner Search and we were wondering whether she found a partner or retired. Looks like she retired because we haven't heard anything since.

It's a shame because when still a single skater she was doing 2axel through to 3loop (albeit not consistently) and if she worked hard she could have made the Belgian team even as a single skater.

She wasn't exactly known to have a good work ethic, however, to put it lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I have to say, I'm very impressed, considering they don't even have a throw triple loop. Well done and good luck with this jump for the future, coz the one in the video is absolutely great
    Since Joanna's favourite jump is the flip, I'm not surprised they went for the flip first and not the loop.

vCash
    Looks like several Polish top skaters are currently in Canada. Maciej Cieplucha appears to be at the Calalta Summer School (link to info

vCash
    Heard that Radoslaw Chruscinski might be training with Magdalena Klatka again which would mean she has recovered from her serious leg fracture already.

Thanks for the Cieplucha news.

vCash
    Heard that Radoslaw Chruscinski might be training with Magdalena Klatka again which would mean she has recovered from her serious leg fracture already.
    That would be great because since I first saw them at 3 State nationals 2009 in Trinec skating Novices then, I was always thinking they are the most talented from all the juniors teams being there and even most of the seniors.

vCash
    Elizabeth Harb/Patryk Szalasny are not skating together anymore. Elizabeth has gone to medical school and Patryk has already managed to find another partner in the US.
    Her name is Kaitlyn Scholtz and Scholtz/Szalasny are scheduled to compete in the Senior Pairs event at Skate Detroit later this week (Thu./Fri.).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Her name is Kaitlyn Scholtz and Scholtz/Szalasny are scheduled to compete in the Senior Pairs event at Skate Detroit later this week (Thu./Fri.).
    Thank you for this update, Sylvia.

vCash
    Thanks Ziggy...........any news on junior dance teams? And are Sulej/Chruscinski junior eligible?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by syed View Post
    Thanks Ziggy...........any news on junior dance teams? And are Sulej/Chruscinski junior eligible?
    S/C are a pair team and they aren't junior eligible anymore.

Plutowska/Pietrzynski are our only decent junior dance team and as far as I am aware, they are continuing.

We also have a very young team that did both Junior and Novice events last season (Zajac/Binkowski).They are cute and I like them but it's way too early to say whether they have any potential.

We had a third team of Yazkova/Dawidowski too, last season, but she really can't skate (no idea where they got her from, public skating session I think...) hence they don't have any potential. I wish he got a new partner, because he's very decent.

vCash
    [QUOTE
    Plutowska/Pietrzynski are our only decent junior dance team and as far as I am aware, they are continuing.
    QUOTE]

Plutowska/Pietrzynski may not be the juniors because Justyna 27.06.1991 born.
    As far as I know, they are split, Justyna skates with Jaroslav Katlitsky from Russia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chezanna View Post
    Plutowska/Pietrzynski may not be the juniors because Justyna 27.06.1991 born.
    As far as I know, they are split, Justyna skates with Jaroslav Katlitsky from Russia.
    According to her PFSA bio, Justyna's birthdate is 1995-06-28
    http://www.pfsa.com.pl/baza/dance.php?id=3

Which means she still has at least 3 seasons in Juniors (provided the above information is correct, of course).

Thanks very much for the info about the split and the new partnership!

I have googled Jaroslav Katlitsky and all I have found is the following result from a Russian Cup event (posted on FSU actually ):

Quote Originally Posted by Oleada
    Junior Dance:
    1. Pushkash Ekaterina - Dmitry Kiselev 149.79 (1,2,1)
    2. Starygina Valeria - Moroshkin Nikolay 142.26 (4,1,2)
    3. Sinitsina Victoria - Zhiganshin Ruslan 137.69 (3,3,3)
    4. Kosygin Evgenia - brains (? )Sergei 132.63 (5,4,5)
    5. Ruchkin Inga - Kozhevnikov Semen 128.94 (6,7,4)
    6. Telegina Angelina - Adonev Victor 122.03 (2,11,6)
    7. Bokova Diana - Katlitsky Jaroslav 117.79 (7,6,9)
    8. Antipova Xenia - Kolganov Konstantin 115.54 (8,8,8)
    9. Alexander Stepanov (??) - Bukin Ivan 115.46 (10,9,7)
    10. Evdokimova Sofia - Bazin Yegor 114.36 (11,5,10)

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chezanna View Post
    Thanks.

I just looked on Plutowska's Facebook and it also shows her birthday as 27.06.1991 so there must be a mistake in the Polish database then.

That is a real shame. It will be very hard for them to break into the senior ranks.

vCash
    Her bio has disappeared quite quickly from Ice Partner Search and we were wondering whether she found a partner or retired. Looks like she retired because we haven't heard anything since.

It's a shame because when still a single skater she was doing 2axel through to 3loop (albeit not consistently) and if she worked hard she could have made the Belgian team even as a single skater.

She wasn't exactly known to have a good work ethic, however, to put it lightly.
    Thank you for the information! It would be a shame, if she has retired.

vCash
    A video of Cieplucha's SP was posted on facebook - link
    I'm getting some Preaubert-esque vibes at times to be honest
    Last edited by gosia.douceur; 07-23-2010 at 01:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gosia.douceur View Post
    A video of Cieplucha's SP was posted on facebook - link
    I'm getting some Preaubert-esque vibes at times to be honest
    Thanks for sharing!

Definitely best program he had so far, I am very impressed!

(Other than the flying upright spin. ISU please ban them in SP from next season!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This team has apparently split. Patryk was working with a different partner today.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast