Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Melina Kanakaredes is leaving CSI NY

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/...-exits-csi-ny/

It all sounds rather strange... weird timing and a different article by the same author stated pay cuts to be the reason for her leaving. Why that was changed remains a mystery but with as little information as their is, it seems as if there's more to it than everyone is saying.

vCash
    I like Sela, but Melina helps to make CSI: NY.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Oh no! I love her hair! She's like one of the main people....damn.

Glad Eddie Ciprian is gone from Miami though. I think the whole Leanne Rhimes thing is tawdry. I think the bad press caught up with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Oh no! I love her hair! She's like one of the main people....damn.

Glad Eddie Ciprian is gone from Miami though. I think the whole Leanne Rhimes thing is tawdry. I think the bad press caught up with him.
    Plus, allegedly he behaved like a Diva Douche on the set as well.

I've loved Melina ever since she played Eleni on The Guiding Light. So beautiful.

vCash
    I've loved Melina ever since she played Eleni on The Guiding Light. So beautiful.
    I remember watching GL during those days when she was married to Alan-Michael somebody. Am I right?

vCash
    I watched her on Providence and liked her and watched CSI NY sometimes

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Ohhh, me too! She has "it", doesn't she?

vCash
    My admiration for her dates back to "Guiding Light", also.
    I hope that she finds another project, soon.

vCash
    Eh, CSI NY got moved from Wednesday to Friday nights (at 9:00) so I can't see it making it out of this next season, anyways. I think it still earns respectable viewing numbers but IIRC it trails both the original and Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I remember watching GL during those days when she was married to Alan-Michael somebody. Am I right?
    Yeah, but she was really in love with the owner of that diner, Frank hot Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Ohhh, me too! She has "it", doesn't she?
    Yes, she does. She'll get another show if that is what she wants.

I just don't see Sela Ward doing this show. I like her and all, but she's too beauty queen for this show .

vCash
    GL-Stavros said "I brought you the best girl from the island!" (Crete-Kriti)
    Melina is the best girl from Manhattan, too. Sniffle. She doesn't have that endlessly same pretty cookie-cutter look.

And (for writing and acting) CSI:NY kicks the stuffing out of CSI:Miami with pretentious Howdy-Doody in sunglasses.

vCash

Alan-Michael Spaulding (aka one of my favorite soap characters ever)

vCash
    Darn! Series just won't be the same without the Beautiful Greek Goddess.

vCash
    The replacement is official now. http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.p...lease?id=25514
    I apologize if the link doesn't work, it doesn't work for me. Not sure if one needs to be registered or something.
    But Sela Ward is the official replacement... and apparently supposed to be a similiar character, emotionally driven.

I'm quite disappointed, I loved Stella on the show. She was such a great character.

vCash
    No!!! Stella is one of my two favorites on CSI: NY, with the other being Flack. The show won't be the same without her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Yeah, but she was really in love with the owner of that diner, Frank hot Frank.

How could I have forgotten Frank!?!!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    What the Hell is happening over at CBS!?! First they pull simliar crap w/Criminal Minds and now this.

CSI : NY will not be the same, and dare I say it, this very well could finish the show. Melina had fantastic chemistry w/everyone, but especially w/Gary Sinise. You believed right away in the back story of the two of them having such a long term and close friendship.

I'm another one who remembers Melina on GL. I've followed her career ever since and I really hope she has another great project coming her way soon. CSI NY is the only one out of the three in the Franchise that I watch anymore, but after Melina's final shows this Fall, I have a feeling that could change. She'll really be missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I'm another one who remembers Melina on GL. I've followed her career ever since and I really hope she has another great project coming her way soon. CSI NY is the only one out of the three in the Franchise that I watch anymore, but after Melina's final shows this Fall, I have a feeling that could change. She'll really be missed.
    She isn't supposed to be back at all right now. Maybe later on but for the moment, CBS declined any comment on whether she'll be back for one last episode and the author of the article from Entertainment Weekly said that he was told she wouldn't be back.
    Which makes you wonder... a lot.

vCash
    Since some on the board voiced their disappointment over MK's departure, I'd thought I'd post those links.
    Apparently when Adam Rodriguez decided to leave CSI Miami last year, fans petitioned and - together with a drop in ratings - succeeded for him not to be killed off. CBS started to negotiate with him and he guest starred in season 8.
    I found that fans are trying to do the same with Melina Kanakaredes. I'm not going to not watch CSI NY anymore though I will certainly watch the show differently.
    However, I think CBS is treating (mainly) their actresses in a... weird way and I think it would only be fair to Melina Kanakaredes and her character if she would at least get closure for her character and would not be killed off.
    I certainly loved the job she did in bringing Stella to life and I think Stella deserves better than that.

So, here are the links to the twitter and facebook petitions.

http://twitition.com/mcjqe

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...25788230797640

vCash
    How could I have forgotten Frank!?!!
    Frank. hot Frank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast