Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

vCash
    Oh, good for her! I hope this baby brings joy to the couple's life!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    I hope she has a safe delivery with no complications since she's knocking on the door of 40

Tonya, 39, is now working to stop drinking and to kick a chain-smoking habit in hopes of delivering a healthy baby.

vCash
    "working to" stop drinking and chain-smoking? Working to?

Girl should've ceased all of that immediately after the pregnancy confirmation. Maybe it's just the writer's wording; not gonna pass judgement

any more than I already have.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Good for her. A while ago she made a comment that she was making a living, paying her bills, and she did not know what life held for her in the future . . . then she said "Maybe I'll have a family?" . . . and I thought, well you better get on that pretty quick unless you want to go the route of fertility clinics.

vCash
    If true, I hope that this will motivate her to do whatever she needs to do to have a heathy family.

vCash
    SHOTGUN!!!!

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    There goes her comeback!

vCash
    Congrats to Tonya and her new husband!

And I do hope she's able to kick the smoking/drinking.

vCash
    I'm surprised nobody picked up on this. This is from the story:

In 1994, Harding’s then-husband Jeff Gillooly was charged in the attack on her figure Skating rival Nancy Kerrigan during a practice session for the US Figure Skating Championship; Harding later admitted she knew of the plot. After a plea bargain, she was banned for life from the US Figure Skating Association.

And this is from Wikipedia:

Harding avoided further prosecution and a possible jail sentence by pleading guilty on March 16 to conspiring to hinder prosecution of the attackers. She received three years probation, 500 hours of community service and a $160,000 fine.

On June 30, 1994, after conducting its own investigation of the attack, the USFSA stripped Harding of her 1994 title and banned her for life from participating in USFSA-run events as either a skater or a coach. The USFSA concluded that Harding knew about the attack before it happened .............

So no boys and girls, Tonya never admitted she knew of the attack before it happened.

vCash
    Wouldn't it be cool if the kid skate? Tonya can be a skating mom and coach the kid from the barrier ....

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    "working to" stop drinking and chain-smoking? Working to?

Girl should've ceased all of that immediately after the pregnancy confirmation. Maybe it's just the writer's wording; not gonna pass judgement

any more than I already have.
    No. Should have stopped that behavior at least 6 months before conception.

vCash
    Although obviously the circumstances could have (and should have) been better for the child, I hope things work out well for everybody. If this child was an "accident," then that's pretty scary. I hope he or she will have loving parents.

vCash
    I am sorry.....don't want to wish anyone ill, and I hope all goes well....but IMO, this is someone who should not breed!

Aside from the smoking and drinking.....has she had any period of stability in her adult life?
    Babies are not meant to "help people straighten out"....adults are supposed to get themselves straightened out, and have children.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Babies are not meant to "help people straighten out"....adults are supposed to get themselves straightened out [first]
    So true.

vCash
    I haven't seen Tonya in the news lately except for her wedding and rumored pregnancy - so maybe her life is going well. I wish her and her family the best.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Babies are not meant to "help people straighten out"....adults are supposed to get themselves straightened out, and have children.
    True, but I know someone who was very troubled and had many problems (drugs, drinking...etc) that did not plan to get pregnant but did. It changed her life dramatically. She is now a very happy, healthy woman whose life is so completely different from the path she was going down. With 3 very healthy happy kids (her first she had at 38).

So if true, I hope this is the thing that will give Tonya's life what it needs.

Everyone deserves to be happy, and everyone deserves a second chance. (I got mine)
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Congratulations Tonya! I must says they could've chosen a better picture for the article. Tonya is prettier than that.
    It's great that at 39 she's having her first.

vCash
    I hope she is a better mother to her child than her mother was to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Everyone deserves to be happy, and everyone deserves a second chance. (I got mine)
    I hope she surprises us all....and turns her life around, and it is all great.

However, I am not sure everyone doesdeserve a second chance. It is a nice saying, and wonderfully applicable when it works. But realistically, how many people take advantage of that second chance? Lindsy Lohan anyone? And as to deserve.......I think there are some actions that simply don't deserve a second chance......Susan Smith for example.

I suspect the more "chances" a person has, and doesn't take advantage of, the less likely it is that they will pull themselves together. Tonya actually has had lots of chances............she is not the only person who came from horrid circumstances and pulled themselves up....Rudy..... Think of what she might have accomplished had she "listened" to advice (i.e. costumes) and just skated her best. She could have had a really different outcome.

Of course, she would not have been famous.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast