vCash

Florida article on Denney/Barrett & Evora/Ladwig

Their collective new nickname is the “Ellenton Four”: http://www.bradenton.com/2010/07/11/...s-skaters.html
    (Side note: I've already notified the reporter about the Xue Shen error. )

I've heard that neither pair will be at Indy Challenge this year but they've certainly earned the right to stay home and focus on training their new programs.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-12-2010 at 02:54 PM.

vCash
    Do you think both teams will stay together that long ?..anyone else want to see Amanda Evora and Jeremy barrett skate together?

vCash
    Ha ha, that would be interesting, but I doubt they plan to do so. Jeremy and Amanda each have such a great rapport with their respective on-ice partners. Why spoil a good thing? Meno and Sand did famously leave their partners for each other when they found love and a strong mutual bond for what they wanted to achieve in skating. It turned out to be a good move for them, perhaps because they discovered they were more in sync with each other than they were with their former skating partners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allyx82 View Post
    Do you think both teams will stay together that long ?..anyone else want to see Amanda Evora and Jeremy barrett skate together?
    Um...no. Remember the ice-dancer Lydia, who left a very promising dance career with what-his-name to skate with Brian Forsyth, the love-of-her-life-at-the-moment? Ehhhhhh. Her career tanked, and they broke up. Bad move.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It was Brandon Forsyth, actually. And whats-his-name was Ryan O'Meara.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Sylvia;2816482]Their collective new nickname is the “Ellenton Four”: http://www.bradenton.com/2010/07/11/...s-skaters.html
    (Side note: I've already notified the reporter about the Xue Shen error. )

What about the horrendous grammar? Geez, you'd think newspapers didn't have editors any more.

I would be surprised if Evora/Ladwig made it to Sochi, though. I think they are smart to focus on one year at a time. I also think most of the "4 years" talk seems to be coming from the author and not the skaters.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I would be surprised if Evora/Ladwig made it to Sochi, though. I think they are smart to focus on one year at a time. I also think most of the "4 years" talk seems to be coming from the author and not the skaters.
    I agree, and that's typical of newspaper writers who don't really follow skating and believe it's a "Once Every 4 Years" sport. But for Evora & Ladwig, even just getting to Worlds again next year would probably be very special to them.

As for why Evora & Barrett never paired up, maybe they like being able to date each other without having to really work together, too. We've of course seen pairs that like dating and skating at the same time, but it can't be for everyone. Also, Evora has been with Ladwig for quite a long time and seems to enjoy skating with him, so maybe she saw no real reason to leave that partnership even for her boyfriend who at one point couldn't find a partner.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    You don't leave a pairing that works IMO. It's too risky. If the pairing doesn't work, that's a different story.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    FYI: Amanda has been skating with Mark longer than she's been dating Jeremy.

Thanks for posting the article Sylvia. It never hurts to take things one year at a time and see what happens. Amanda & Mark were late bloomers so who knows what could come next for them. I wouldn't count them out!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Does Mark's family live in FL?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thanks for the article, Sylvia. It's nice to see pairs teams in the US get some recognition for all their hard work.

Caydee and Jeremy are promising and I'm looking forward to seeing them develop as a team, and Amanda and Mark's trip to the Olympics was one of the highlights of Vancouver to me. Their absolute joy at each step of the way was just charming to see.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Thanks for the article, Sylvia. It's nice to see pairs teams in the US get some recognition for all their hard work.

Caydee and Jeremy are promising and I'm looking forward to seeing them develop as a team, and Amanda and Mark's trip to the Olympics was one of the highlights of Vancouver to me. Their absolute joy at each step of the way was just charming to see.
    So happy for both teams!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Does Mark's family live in FL?
    Mark's family mainly lives up in Minnesota.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Mark's family mainly lives up in Minnesota.
    That's what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    You don't leave a pairing that works IMO. It's too risky. If the pairing doesn't work, that's a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    FYI: Amanda has been skating with Mark longer than she's been dating Jeremy.
    t!

It's just a fantasy pick... I think it would just be interesting

I think their is something missing or not there with both pairs ... I like Evora and Barrett...

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Um...no. Remember the ice-dancer Lydia, who left a very promising dance career with what-his-name to skate with Brian Forsyth, the love-of-her-life-at-the-moment? Ehhhhhh. Her career tanked, and they broke up. Bad move.
    Ahhh, Lydia. I skated with her for a while at the Gardens Ice House in Laurel, MD. Such a truly nice girl.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.