Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Title-less
    vCash
    The one instance popping in my head where the coach definitely turned things around was Laura Galindo. That really helped turn Rudy's career around and take the pressue off some during crunch time.

As for the other skaters who're already successful, the coaching change often keeps the skater on the same successful path. But keeping a rising star on the rising path isn't quite the dramatic change that qualifies as a coaching improvement, unless a skater goes from being unhappy to happy or sth (e.g. Yuna).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    Cyber Swan was legendary, and loved his EX to Bachelorette!
    But thank god, after he left Morozov, he decided on getting 2 of the more exciting choreographers to make his Olympic programs! He definitely has good taste
    Being three rows from him skate that at the grand prix final gala some years ago in Turin, he showed so much presence and sensuality that he shared with the audience. It was so lucky for us to see another side of his skating, my favourite gala from him actualy.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    In an interview right after Johnny switched to Galina, he said he made a list of possible coaches but his mom and the federation both said no to him moving to Russia to be coached.
    I do not know about his mom, but maybe his federation let him go to Galina because they hated him

. . . They knew full well what Galina did to Scott Davis. Furthermore, they knew that she could not produce a skater that could win without Eastern Bloc politics in her favor because her skaters are NOT, ummm, GOOD.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 07-16-2010 at 08:21 AM.

vCash
    I hope Voronov switch from Urmanov to Morozov but also the move from St. Petersberg to Moscow will work out! That just made me think of skaters not only switching coaches but also geographic location! Does that help along with the change of coaches? Different environments, with different ice and different city! It's the whole thing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    The only way Johnny could had gone to Tarasova is if she moved to the United States. Johnny had said he wanted to train with someone in Russia and the usfs objected.
    Tarasova said that Priscilla Hill asked her not to take Johnny from her, so she wouldn't become his coach even if USFSA agreed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234