Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request

Clueless American
    vCash
    Thank you all. It does help to read your kind words. Two nights ago my dad couldn't sleep and was in bad back pain. He's now on morphine and ativan and slept most of yesterday and today. Hospice says to just make him comfortable. My mother and I were caring for him since his last hospital stay last week. Prior to that last hospital stay he was still able to walk although he had slowed down a lot in the last month. My two brothers are here now since yesterday and are staying to help. We're all sleep deprived - trying to give each other rest, but it's hard to sleep. It breaks my heart to see my dad in pain and discomfort. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.

vCash
    Adding my prayers, also.

vCash
    My prayers are with you, also!

((((Hugs!))))

vCash
    Mine too! (hugs)

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Prayed for you (((love skating)))

vCash
    love skating: So sorry for what your father is going through now. Glad that you have family there to help you and your mother in caring for your father. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    My prayers are with you and your family.

vCash
    love skating, I am so sorry for you, your dad, and your family. I am glad that your family has come together, that does help. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Please keep us informed. Hugs.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Thanks again guys. I really appreciate it. My dad is still getting medicated approximately every four hours. He's pretty drugged up, when he is awoken he is glassy eyed. But he's not in pain. I make sure to smile at him and tell him "We love you" when he has slightly lucid moments. He tried to say I love you back last night, but he doesn't really have the strength to talk now. I do know that's what he was trying to say and while I held his hand he tried to bring it up to his mouth to kiss it like he used to do. The nurse who came last night said he might have hours to a couple days. The doctor today said maybe two days. It's really hell - the waiting. I just want to make sure he's not in pain and that he knows we love him. Thank you for all your kind posts, rep and PMs.

vCash
    (((love skating))) Praying for you and your family.

vCash
    It's so important that you are with him, love skating, he knows you are there.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Lots of love coming your way for you all.....

vCash
    (((love skating)))

I know exactly what you are going through. You, your mom and dad and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

vCash
    Thanks for the update.
    It sounds as though you are doing everything possible for your father, and the family.
    Please, take comfort in that.

vCash
    I'll be praying for your whole family. Take care.

Clueless American
    vCash
    My dad passed away yesterday. Unfortunately my brother and I were on our way to the pharmacy for some more meds when he passed. And my other brother had gone to work. But thankfully my mom had the hospice nurse there and my aunt (my dad's sister) and our long time family friend with her at the time. We turned around back for home when my Mom called with the news. He passed away quietly and looked very much at peace afterwards - almost smiling. I miss him already, but I'm so happy his broken down body is no longer in pain.

He was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that spread to the liver four years ago. When he started treatment, his oncologist gave a prognosis of about 2 years on chemo. We got four years with him, so that’s a blessing. We only found out in the last week (after a small seizure) that he had a couple spots on the brain where the cancer had spread. It caused him left side weakness and toward his final days he couldn’t even stand anymore. He was hoping to try radiation, but never reached that point.

There’s a lot of regrets I have - things I wish I had talked to him more about or did with him, but I am at peace knowing that I was there for him in his final days. And I know without a doubt that he loved me and that he knew I loved him. And I think in the end, that’s all that really matters.

Thank you to my FSU family. You’ll never know how much your words of support helped me in this difficult time.

vCash
    My sweetheart, I am crying with you right now. You did the very best and your dad knew that. You were there and that is what is important. He is in his Heavenly Father's arms right now and you assisted getting him there. God Bless you all now, it's not easy but it does get better in time. Take care.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    So sorry for your loss. Your comment about seeing him lying there peacefully, feeling no pain anymore was the same feeling that I had 18 months ago when my father passed. Although it was one of the most devastating things I have been through, I wouldn't want him back if he was in that pain. I hope you stay strong through this period of hardship. My thoughts are with you.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I firmly believe that you will be together again, and that he is happy and well right now! It's us left behind who are suffering. My love, thoughts, and prayers are with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast