Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Now I'm going to have to find this Jennifer Robinson program. Her slowness might actually work here
    I remember when she debuted this program at Thornhill. I thought she was out of her mind to attempt the music especially given it's iconic status for Janet Lynn fans. I knew there would be comparisons and none of them would be favourable.

The slowness MIGHT have worked, if she hadn't cut her usual leisurely pace in half. If she had been any slower, she would have stopped. Of course this was the pre-season, so you don't really expect a skater to be at the top of their game in August, but you do expect them to do a program with more than double jumps and some degree of speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Of course this was the pre-season, so you don't really expect a skater to be at the top of their game in August, but you do expect them to do a program with more than double jumps and some degree of speed.
    Perhaps she was a bit too literal in trying to channel Janet Lynn and mirrored her jump content as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I remember when she debuted this program at Thornhill. I thought she was out of her mind to attempt the music especially given it's iconic status for Janet Lynn fans. I knew there would be comparisons and none of them would be favourable.

The slowness MIGHT have worked, if she hadn't cut her usual leisurely pace in half. If she had been any slower, she would have stopped. Of course this was the pre-season, so you don't really expect a skater to be at the top of their game in August, but you do expect them to do a program with more than double jumps and some degree of speed.
    Thanks for the info, Dragonlady. So, basically what you are saying is that I could go in the kitchen, turn on Prelude to the Afternoon of the Faun and pour molasses into a bowl and get the general idea of her program?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    She also said that the disappointment after Vancouver was big and that she seriously considered retiring but eventually chose to come back to skate the way she likes - and not the way others like - in order to feel free and happy as she used to be.
    Great to hear that and I hope it'll reflect in her skating. I love the freedom she skates with when she's on. I really miss the Carolina from the 2004-2005 season.

vCash
    Janet Lynn's wonderful exhibition to Afternoon at the 1971 Worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn0VZyztldo

John Curry also skated to it, but, again, not in competition I don't believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dragonlady. So, basically what you are saying is that I could go in the kitchen, turn on Prelude to the Afternoon of the Faun and pour molasses into a bowl and get the general idea of her program?
    Or you could watch the first minute or so of this video of highlights from the Ladies' Qualifying Round at the 2004 World Championships.

Molasses might be tastier, though.

vCash
    As reported in a national sports newspaper today, Kostner is still injured as she still has a problem on her left knee, she should undergo surgery to solve it but she doesn't want to do in the season: this would mean stopping for at least 2 months. So she decided to postpone the surgery, she didn't want to skip the whole season in order not to lose too much ranking.
    She will not be able to jump flip and lutz though, so her jump layout will remain the same.

She's facing the problem day by day hoping it doesn't get worse. She's still not sure if she will be able to compete at Nationals right after the GPF.

As for the relationship with Huth, she think it's changed, now they discuss things and he doesn't decide all by himself.

vCash
    She will not be able to jump flip and lutz though, so her jump layout will remain the same.
    I think this is good news. She shouldn't push herself too much and I think she should continue with her well-executed Toeloops, Loops and Salchows.

As for the relationship with Huth, she think it's changed, now they discuss things and he doesn't decide all by himself.
    That's great!

vCash
    She's still not sure if she will be able to compete at Nationals right after the GPF.
    I was thinking she would have skipped Nationals: two major competition in just about ten days are a lot in normal condition, with the injury she has it's just too much IMO. Also she has shows I think she has to do because of sponsors, so she's gonna have a though Dec...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567