Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kostner returning to Oberstdorf

I just read in a newspaper Carolina Kostner will return to her coach Huth in Oberstdorf.

it's in german, sorry:
    http://www.all-in.de/nachrichten/all...art2757,812983

best regards
    Tara

vCash
    Worlds 2010 was her best event in quite a while. Hopefully her momentum continues!

Banned Member
    vCash
    She needs to retire.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    She is only 22 so NO she does not need to retire.Carolina skating is one of the fastest in the female field and such a joy to watch. I am totally glad she stays.Actually I think the female skaters are at their best when they are at least!!!! 25 years old.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    4 more years!!! 4 more years!!!

There's nooooooooooooone like Kostner. Can't wait to see what she has to offer next season

vCash
    She can do really well sometimes. Like when she won the European Championship and her respectable performance at worlds.

vCash
    There were times when I hated her and her overscored skating, but I guess her struggles in the past 2 seasons lessened my hard feelings for her and I was really sorry for her. I hope she gets in form again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    She needs to retire.
    No. What she needs to do is find the right coach for her. Frank's an amazing coach and I'm sorry things didn't go as well as Carolina wanted. I hope this return to Michael will go very well. Carolina's a fantastic skater, she just needs to become more consistent, because she's got everything to become a champion.

Força, Carolina!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I agree with MOIJTO. At this point it's very hard to imagine a miraculous gain of control over her nerves.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I wish her well but I don't think she'll be a threat for the world podium. I have never seen a skater telegraph their jumps quite like her.

She is only 22 so NO she does not need to retire
    Not to split hairs or anything but she is 23 now and will be 24 by the next World Championships.

vCash
    Honestly, I saw some improvement this past season and it's probably due to FC and Carla Fassi. I know that her olympic performance contradicts that statement but she was more pleasing for me to watch.

IMO, going back to Huth isn't a good move. He never seemed able to get her head straight. I just don't see her rising (again) in the next quadrennial '11 - '14

vCash
    Carolina was coached last season by Christa Fassi (who was married to the late Carlo Fassi).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    I wish her well but I don't think she'll be a threat for the world podium. I have never seen a skater telegraph their jumps quite like her.

Not to split hairs or anything but she is 23 now and will be 24 by the next World Championships.
    I take it you haven't seen Elena Liashenko jumping before

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarasirius View Post
    I just read in a newspaper Carolina Kostner will return to her coach Huth in Oberstdorf.

it's in german, sorry:
    http://www.all-in.de/nachrichten/all...art2757,812983
    She's been in Obertsdorf for a while now.

The US plan backfired completely. Shame.

The retirement suggestions are ridiculous though.

She has enormous potential and even when skating not to her full potential, she is capable of medaling, at least at Euros.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    My dream is that Joannie and/or Caro will win a world championship in this quad! This sport needs more women on top! Little girls are so .

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The retirement suggestions are ridiculous though.

She has enormous potential and even when skating not to her full potential, she is capable of medaling, at least at Euros.
    ITA! I'd rather watch a messy program skated by the charming Kostner than a clean program skated by boring Lysacek or Plushenko.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 07-09-2010 at 12:35 AM.

vCash
    I wonder if she's adding any coaches to her team with this second go round with Huth. Jump coach maybe? If not, this isn't going to end well.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    My dream is that Joannie and/or Caro will win a world championship in this quad! This sport needs more women on top! Little girls are so .
    Oh poo. Yuna isn't a little girl either.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Oh poo. Yuna isn't a little girl either.
    No, but she already has a world title as does Mao and Miki. Who wants to see the same person win everything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    No. What she needs to do is find the right coach for her. Frank's an amazing coach and I'm sorry things didn't go as well as Carolina wanted. I hope this return to Michael will go very well. Carolina's a fantastic skater, she just needs to become more consistent, because she's got everything to become a champion.

Força, Carolina!

No, what she needs is to do full run-throughs. If she's going to be lazy about training then no amount of talent in the world will get her to the top. She could have gone far with Frank but her refusal to do run-throughs and commit herslef 100% to training harder than she had in the past screwed her over, and now she's going back to her previous coach where she can continue to rest on her talent- which is simply not enough.

If what she has done up until now hasn't given her the results she was seeking, she should realize that she should make a change. Changing coaches without changing her training habits won't do squat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    No, what she needs is to do full run-throughs. If she's going to be lazy about training then no amount of talent in the world will get her to the top. She could have gone far with Frank but her refusal to do run-throughs and commit herslef 100% to training harder than she had in the past screwed her over, and now she's going back to her previous coach where she can continue to rest on her talent- which is simply not enough.
    How do you know she was refusing to do full-runthroughs?

From what I have heard, Kostner is a hard worker and her and Caroll were simply not a personality match. Sometimes people just rub each other the wrong way and don't get on despite the best intentions on both sides.

I wish she could find a good coach she'd get on with. Black Mark of Huth.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast