Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Geez.. What is with all these 3A comparisons? Since 3As for women are pretty rare to come by, can't we just admire each one for their own merits?
    Last time I checked this was a competitive sport and these girls were planning for their elements to be judged, critiqued, and compared to their competitor's elements.

vCash
    If Tuktamysheva and Mao were ever in the same competition and did triple axels I am sure some judges would do GOE marks with the other in mind. I also am in agreement with the idea that you wouldn't want to crtiticize someone's element so much that they don't do it. Though you have Caroline Zhang who gets tons of criticism but skates onward.

vCash
    Oh the comparisons! After Liza vs Mao trixel, let's see Lisa vs Kim 3 lutz+3 t combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6iG...eature=related

It seems to me the younger Mao was the easy looking her trixels were.
    Lisa has a long way to go yet. I wish her consistency in competitions.

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    Hoping she loses the Slutskaya arms, but I love how she does the 3A with such ease as if it was any other triple jump.
    Slutskaya had the most expressive arm movements among the ladies during her era, in my opinion.

I think Eliza is always skating to "Culture" by Chris Spheers, which Slutskaya has skated to as well. Eliza does a Egyptian hand movement in certain parts which looks like it's been lifted from Slutskaya's "Culture" program. I will be watching for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Oh the comparisons! After Liza vs Mao trixel, let's see Lisa vs Kim 3 lutz+3 t combo.

Mao at about 5'5" is pretty tall for a female skater, and in Japan, she's well above the average female height, when she was younger though, she used to be really little. Liza may not grow to be as tall as Mao and if she doesn't it may mean her 3a will stay so good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post

Lisa has long way to going, I also hope she will find her niche, and get the consistency to become one of the top. Lots of potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Mao at about 5'5" is pretty tall for a female skater, and in Japan, she's well above the average female height, when she was younger though, she used to be really little. Liza may not grow to be as tall as Mao and if she doesn't it may mean her 3a will stay so good.
    I thought Mao was 5'3"... Isn't she?

vCash
    She's around the 5'4" (163 cm). So, it's not like she's very tall, really.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I thought Mao was 5'3"... Isn't she?
    Japan Skates lists her as 164 cm, which is almost 5'5". She was listed as 5'3" a few years ago but has clearly grown since.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/...82fb547ca4.jpg
    http://www.chinapost.com.tw/news_ima...100130/p7c.jpg
    http://www.absoluteskating.com/repor...als-ladies.jpg

Caroline and Akiko are listed as 5'3"-5'4" so going with that Mao looks more or less 5'5"-5'6". She skated with Kozuka at DOI just last week, they look very close to the same height, he's 5'7". Mao has grown almost a foot since age 12 when she first started doing 3a.

vCash
    Holy crap she's good. I can't wait to see how she develops. She will be on the JGP this year, right?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    She will be on the JGP this year, right?
    Yes, both Tuktamysheva and Adelina Sotnikova (Russian senior champ 2 years ago) are 13 as of July 1st and finally old enough to make their JGP debut this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes, both Tuktamysheva and Adelina Sotnikova (Russian senior champ 2 years ago) are 13 as of July 1st and finally old enough to make their JGP debut this season.
    Watch the JGPF ladies event be comprised of 5-6 Russian girls, the 1 Korean girl, and then only 1 or 2 American girls!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Watch the JGPF ladies event be comprised of 5-6 Russian girls, the 1 Korean girl, and then only 1 or 2 American girls!
    Worse... what if it's not covered anywhere!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Excidra View Post
    Slutskaya had the most expressive arm movements among the ladies during her era, in my opinion.
    Okay, I love Slute for many reasons, but this IMO was one of her absolute worst qualities. She was always tossing her arms about to and fro with no thought or care put into the way they looked or related to the music. Even during cross-overs I hated the way her arms would jut out and bounce up and down. To each his/her own I guess.

vCash
    Wow pretty good attempt at the 3 Axel it'd be nice if we could see even more videos and more skaters also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post
    Worse... what if it's not covered anywhere!
    like Junior Worlds this year....so frustrating. Icenetwork usually covers the GPF and JGPF though. I'm glad the Russians are coming back strong again in skating, obviously the junior ladies field is incredibly deep, but the pairs are very strong too and a number of young men are also promising. It's exciting. Slute must be proud of all these young girls who want to be just like her

vCash
    Was it Slutksaya winning the World Championship in Moscow that caused this?

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkDLBmBFBU

I've been ramming the play/stop button on You Tube for ages to try to get the landing moment.

As I thought, it's cheated but looks like it's a little less than 1/4 so she would most likely get full value for the element and since judges ignore cheats, probably high GOE too because the jump has good flow throughout and good exit, straight into choreography/steps.

vCash
    Fabulous jump. I like the edge coming out of it...she makes it look easy.

vCash
    there is no way that jump is cheated. that much of a powerful running edge after the jump and the flow coming out of the jump is not what happens with a clean jump. cheated jumps tend to curl around a lot more or lack that kind of flow...

what a great triple axel!!! is she age eligible for seniors next year? how long will it be before shes in senior?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast