Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 137 of 137
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    O_o I thought that blue dress she wore was beautiful and extremely elegant, understated

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    672
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    hate to disappoint, but tara only did 5 triples one ur triple loop/triple loop her 2nd triple triple never happened-she only did a triple double.
    on paper triple triple, but only did a triple double.
    michelle did all triples 7

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,932
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    hate to disappoint, but tara only did 5 triples one ur triple loop/triple loop her 2nd triple triple never happened-she only did a triple double.
    on paper triple triple, but only did a triple double.
    michelle did all triples 7
    Wasn't MK's 2d 3loop ur'd in Nagano? It looked close if it was fully rotated. Thought I read about it here once.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    New England
    Age
    31
    Posts
    537
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    hate to disappoint, but tara only did 5 triples one ur triple loop/triple loop her 2nd triple triple never happened-she only did a triple double.
    on paper triple triple, but only did a triple double.
    michelle did all triples 7
    This is BS.

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,038
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    ...

    I finally got around to re-watching the ones I forgot and doing this..

    1) Tara 1998

    2) Yu-Na 2010

    3) Sarah 2002 (I don't get what people hate about this.)

    4) Michelle 1998

    5) Shizuka 2006

    6) Mao 2010

    7) Nancy 1994

    8) Lu 1998

    9) Irina 2002

    10) Lu 1994

    11) Oksana 94 (What was WITH those facial expressions?!)

    12) Midori 1992

    13) Kristi 1992

    14) Michelle 2002

    15) Sasha 2006

    16) Joannie 2010

    17) Irina 2006

    18) Nancy 1992

  6. #126
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    1. Kim 2010 gold = Kwan 1998 silver

    3. Yamaguchi 1992 gold = . Lipinski 1998 gold

    5. Slutskaya 2002 silver [almost GOLD]

    6. Ito 1992 silver = Arakawa 2006 gold

    8. Cohen 2006 silver = Kwan 2002 bronze = Slutskaya 2006 bronze

    10. Kerrigan 1994 silver = Asada 2010 silver = Chen 1998 bronze = Chen 1994 bronze

    14. Rochette 2010 bronze = Hughes 2002 gold

    16. Baiul 1994 gold = Kerrigan 1992 bronze

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist
    Sarah 2002 (I don't get what people hate about this.)
    You honestly don't get what people hate about that performance??? C'mon, there are so many different reasons!!!! I mean, first there was, um, well, like.... And then there was, let's see, OK, you know....

    See, that's two right there.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,038
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    You honestly don't get what people hate about that performance??? C'mon, there are so many different reasons!!!! I mean, first there was, um, well, like.... And then there was, let's see, OK, you know....

    See, that's two right there.
    Well, I know people said the jumps were underrotated, some of them, but in general it was good, I think.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,962
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6943
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Well, I know people said the jumps were underrotated, some of them, but in general it was good, I think.
    I'm not nearly as bothered by the ranking of Sarah's LP as I am by how she was placed absurdly high after bombing the SP -- and that's why she won. In any kind of fair judging she would have been at least two places lower in the SP -- possibly coming in for a bronze, but no way finishing with the gold.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    334
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I agree Hughes should not have placed so high in the SP. That said, if Kwan couldn't win, I'd rather have Hughes over Slutskaya as Olympic Champion. Hair-pulling Tosca anyone? I was never a fan of Hughes either, but at least her program was decent.
    In my opinion, Hughes is probably the most unmemorable ladies Olympic Champion in recent history.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,038
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I only vaguely recall Sarah's SP. Wasn't there a fall?

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    23,078
    vCash
    80943
    Rep Power
    90938
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I only vaguely recall Sarah's SP. Wasn't there a fall?
    No, there were no falls. The combination was landed close to the boards and Bezic and Hamilton believed that the flip was two-footed on the landing (which I think was mistaken), but there was no hand down on or step out of any jump.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,038
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh, ok. Thanks. I don't even remember where she finished in the short either, I'm thinking 4th but I'm probably wrong again there..

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    23,078
    vCash
    80943
    Rep Power
    90938
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Oh, ok. Thanks. I don't even remember where she finished in the short either, I'm thinking 4th but I'm probably wrong again there..
    She finished fourth in that phase, yes. The Slovakian, Canadian, and US judges had her short program in fourth place; the Danish, Italian, Belarusian, and Finnish judges had it in fifth; the German judge ranked her sixth and the Russian judge had her SP in tenth place.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,980
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    She finished fourth in that phase, yes. The Slovakian, Canadian, and US judges had her short program in fourth place; the Danish, Italian, Belarusian, and Finnish judges had it in fifth; the German judge ranked her sixth and the Russian judge had her SP in tenth place.
    So then wasn't she supposed to be fifth according to those ordinals?

    What were Maria's ordinals? Does anyone have a website where I can see all of this?

  16. #136

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    23,078
    vCash
    80943
    Rep Power
    90938
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    So then wasn't she supposed to be fifth according to those ordinals?

    What were Maria's ordinals? Does anyone have a website where I can see all of this?
    http://www.icecalc.com/events/owg200...lts/SEG003.HTM
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    1. Yuna - Perfect two clean programs.
    2. Tara 1998
    3. Yamaguchi 1992
    4. Michelle 1998
    5. Baiul 1994

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •