Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Death.
    Wuss. Sock puppets are far more heinous. Look at this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Snakes, which is stupid because it's not like I've ever had a ban experience or anything, but I'm absolutely terrified. Even if it's just a little garter snake I'll actually get paralyzed and have a full on panic attack. As a kid I used to have my sister go through books like the Guiness Book of Records or anything that could have a picture of a snake in it and tape the pages together so I wouldn't turn to it and throw the book clear across the room in panic.
    I have so many fears, it is hard to name just one, but snakes is right up there.

And I thought I was the only who couldn't handle pictures of snakes in books. I couldn't open science books because of the pictures of snakes.
    My high school science teacher threatened me with failing the class unless I touched a snake. I said - try it, I will go to the principal/school board. Now that is irrationale, fear of snakes vs. principals and school boards.

Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash
    Ever being seriously broke again.
    Clowns. Especially the Bozo/Krusty type. They're too creepy. I mean, really, why would a grown man do that???
    Sit vis nobiscum.
    Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur

vCash
    Snakes.

Being stuck among fanatical mobs with no exit.

vCash
    Something bad happening to my kids and hubby. Sometimes I cry because I get so worried!

vCash
    Losing control of my bodily functions and being consigned to a nursing home where I am surrounding by other sick and dying elders and live without the joy and comfort of my and companions.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Losing my kids or my husband. Everything else is nothing compared to that.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    Losing my kids or my husband.
    I've been there so I shouldn't be afraid of anything but still, I'm scared of diseases like cancer. I'm also scared of ending up homeless and of fire. I've been in all kind of dangerous situations but fire is the only thing that can really make me loose my self-control.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Being physically dependant on another person due to illness, accident, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Agree. Not being able to take care of myself is #2 on my list.
    #1 is not being able to communicate.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Fire (for myself), automobile accidents (for others I care about)

also this. made me jump out of my skin just reading it:

Quote Originally Posted by Jun Y View Post

Being stuck among fanatical mobs with no exit.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    I've been there so I shouldn't be afraid of anything but still, I'm scared of diseases like cancer. I'm also scared of ending up homeless and of fire. I've been in all kind of dangerous situations but fire is the only thing that can really make me loose my self-control.
    Blessings to you for your losses.

I have been in a fire and I have been in an auto accident that could have killed me and yes, cancer causes me concern but outright fear of losing my kids and my husband is the #1 thing on my list. Homeless is still a real possibility for us if things do not improve within the next year, that will be a real adjustment I am sure, but so it goes!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    I fear not having enough income to support the basic needs of my family.

vCash
    Since I currently am a housewife, I fear the thought of being forced back into the work force after a long period of absence (through DH's death, financial need or divorce). As a former graphic designer, my skills will all but be obsolete even five years from now. But me staying home is something we both wanted, so that's the risk I take. I'm just going to have to keep myself as updated as possible, just in case.

vCash
    Mustard. As stupid as it sounds, it's true. Can't smell it, can't look at it, can't touch it. If it comes near me I run the other way. My loved ones thing I am little bit crazy.

I once found a website with people's strange phobia's and found solace that there are others like me who are afraid of mustard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I can understand this, because it can be so humiliating. I know it was for me a couple of times after my car accident.

I am another one who cannot even stand to see a picture of a snake. However everytime there's a nature special on TV about snakes, I find myself watching it for at least a few minutes. I guess I like scaring myself to death.

I admit I'm also very afraid of dogs, have been since early childhood. I'm a little better now, I can at least stand to be around one, but if it jumps on me it's panic time.

Getting Alzheimer's, my grandfather has it now, and I came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that the hardest thing is missing someone when technically they are still here.

My mom getting cancer. My grandmother died of lung cancer earlier this year and my mom still smokes.

vCash
    A bad car accident, especially one where I am at fault, causing severe mental, physical and financial trauma. Life can change in an instant. But I don't worry very much any more, just make an effort to appreciate every day, the joys and wonders of life.

vCash
    Getting sick with some serious illness, right as life is getting good.

A break-in.....I lock my doors at night, then close my bedroom door and lock it as well, when I sleep at night...not to mention check my closet every night before bed(it's a walk-in).

Used to be terrified of death, but have come to terms with the fact that once you get past the actual not conscious anymore, it's probably not that scary because you aren't aware.

Flying.........I've never been a fan...but I'm not terrified or scared stiff by it....I just don't like it much and would rather not. Irrational I know.

vCash
    Chronic diseases like cancer. I have lupus but so far it isn't that grave, I can cope without too many problems with my medicine. But I'm terribly scared of it getting worse.

Bad Accidents and consequences (becoming handicapped or deformed in any way).

Being unemployed.

vCash
    Cancer. It's already killed in my immediate family twice.

Nuclear War (hopefully, I'll be old and senile by the time that happens, but I do worry about the future of my grandchildren.)

Other than that, I try not to worry too much, and not sweat the small stuff...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12