Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    For the record I love martini's
    Amen! Especially with the vermouth just waving to the gin from halfway across the room.

"Auntie Mame says olives take up too much room in such a little glass."

Bourbon on the rocks is quite yummy (and is my go-to shitty-day-at-work drink), but then so is a really fruity mai-tai (avec or sans umbrella).

All time fave: A strong, extra spicy Bloody Mary, mmmmm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    It's hard to tell from the article, is it beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Amen! Especially with the vermouth just waving to the gin from halfway across the room.

"Auntie Mame says olives take up too much room in such a little glass."

Bourbon on the rocks is quite yummy (and is my go-to shitty-day-at-work drink), but then so is a really fruity mai-tai (avec or sans umbrella).

All time fave: A strong, extra spicy Bloody Mary, mmmmm!
    Mixed drink favorite, probably a really good Margarita on the rocks with salt. And I'm really into Mojitos right now.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    It's hard to tell from the article, is it beer?
    Kinda, sorta but not really. Do you remember Champale?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I think drinking in general is trashy regardless of whether you are a man or woman.
    Well I know who not to invite to one of my soiree's. There's nothing like lots of booze flowing at a birthday party/christening/briss...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Kinda, sorta but not really. Do you remember Champale?
    Yes, but I never actually tasted it. Is it still around? Not sure I would like it. I do like Champagne, especially Prosecco (Italian region sparkling wine - dry, not sweet). Interesting thing I read. In France they do not use their best grapes for Champagnes (I realize that only grapes grown in the Champagne region qualify). In Italy, they reserve much of their best grapes for Prosecco. Consequently, you can buy some excellent Proseccos for about $12-$18 a bottle, which rival $30-$50 bottles of Champagne. Just be careful in buying Italian sparkling wines, if you don't want sweet. Asti Spumante is a very sweet sparkling wine and unfortunately has given Italian sparkling wines a bad image. Proseccos are Brut, just like their French and US counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Well I know who not to invite to one of my soiree's. There's nothing like lots of booze flowing at a briss...
    Just make sure the Rabbi does not partake before the ceremony !

vCash
    Just make sure the Rabbi does not partake before the ceremony !
    Most of the alcohol at a bris goes to the baby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Most of the alcohol at a bris goes to the baby.
    But that would be isopropyl The drinkable kind would be for the Rabbi after he cuts.

vCash
    But that would be isopropyl The drinkable kind would be for the Rabbi after he cuts.
    Okay, I admit that my own bris was so traumatic that I've blotted out all memory of it! However, I have been to a few since then. The rabbi doesn't do the circumcision, the mohel does. And the poor kid gets his first taste of wine to help deaden the pain and calm him down. (His parents often need a good stiff drink too!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    Okay, I admit that my own bris was so traumatic that I've blotted out all memory of it! However, I have been to a few since then. The rabbi doesn't do the circumcision, the mohel does. And the poor kid gets his first taste of wine to help deaden the pain and calm him down. (His parents often need a good stiff drink too!)
    "Stiff" should really not have been used in that post...

vCash
    Ozzi dear, please get your mind out of the gutter.

vCash
    I actually knew that the Mohel does the cutting, but I didn't know how to spell it . I am very good with an x-acto knife, the creative director at the ad agency I used to work for used to tell me all of the time that I should have been a Mohel . I told him that I didn't think they let Episcopalian women do that .

I did not know that they gave the baby a taste of wine. Thanks.

My son was a day old and it was done in the hospital. I'm glad I didn't watch, I'd have been to anxious.

vCash

Cool

As does dear old Grandfather. He gets to hold the child while the deed is done. I learned that the hard way, so to speak...

NJL (..and I ain't even Jewish, but the parents, grandmothers & the mohel were all for it (insistent, actually) so I performed as required .........at least all went well and all of us survived..)

vCash
    So who is going to name a cocktail based on a bris?
    Snipped schnapps maybe? Perhaps flaming foreskin? Rabbi's lament? Let the games begin...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345