Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    If a black woman bleaches her hair, does that automatically make her look "trashy" just because it's not natural?
    Frankly, yes, especially if it's not done right. I used to work with a very dark-skinned woman who dyed her hair blonde, and it obviously was not done by a professional. It looked more like she was buying the cheap boxed dye in the supermarket, and doing it herself without even lifting her natural color first. The shade was very brassy, and you could actually see the real color underneath. Eventually she went back to her natural color, which was a huge improvement.

I think that, if a woman is going to dye her hair, she ought to stick to shades that she has a chance to produce naturally through her genetic background. I have redheads in my family (including a paternal-side blood uncle and several 1st cousins), so I could get away with the color change that I did without it looking fake.

In Search of a Lost Chord
    The big space where the rest of your childhood forgets as a dream and the harshness of life dims the peaches and cream.
    vCash
    I have no problem with it.

I like it.
    Happiness is being married to your best friend!

vCash
    Wait, when were we all transported back to the 19th century? Dyed hair! Wearing makeup! (Looks like she is no better than she should be-I'm scandalized) Next thing you know, women will be demanding the vote!!!

On an aesthetic level, I prefer natural hair color, but nobody has to have the same preferences I have. She's a beautiful young woman. She can make any choice that suits her.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Who cares if she dyes her hair? I can't believe what I'm reading here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how in the world she is able to do a triple jump.
    I met her. She is TINY, maybe 5' tall and small frame, her boobs are big yes but mostly it's just compared to how small she is. She has a nice body, not chunky at all, the camera doesn't do some skaters justice. I think she looks cute blonde.

vCash
    I don't think it's the color that favors her most, but she still looks great. I can't believe people are calling her fat - she's tiny and has a great body.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    The hair colour doesn't fit her skin tone, it's uneven and the roots are really showing.
    What's with your passion for roots? I mean you always point them out in any case although darker roots is a kind of trendy now.

What does it have to do with America exactly?
    Average American fashion perception is the most boring of all the national perceptions of the world.

Nothing if it's a nice shade that fits somebody's skin tone.
    Elene's skin is not naturally white so this tone fits her quite well.

Are you orange too?
    No, I'm white. Doctor prohibits tanning.

vCash
    She's hot, if you like it or not, if blond or not.
    And weren't you fake blond once as well Ziggy? Actually you were yellow and unlike Elene, who has a very healthy skin colour at the moment, you are so pale, you're almost transparent and yellow was certainly not the best colour for you either

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    What's with your passion for roots? I mean you always point them out in any case although darker roots is a kind of trendy now.
    Dark roots have been trendy since Heather Locklear first sported them in "Melrose Place", and either liberated women from being held hostage to their rate of hair growth or contributed to the overall decline of personal appearance, depending on your point of view.

I'm still trying to figure out whom she now looks so much like. [/QUOTE]
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    well, don't forget about her fascination with Marilyn Monroe. but I hope that music and blonde hair will be the only elements she'll take from her ...

following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash

vCash

Yeah, but can she skate and chew gum at the same time?

Okay, that was a cheap 'blonde' joke. Sue me. Back to OT, she looked lovely before, and she looks lovely after. I like in some shots where she does the Cohenesque 'I' spin how her legs have some muscle on them. She's 'chunky', Rachael Flatt is 'fat' and Joannie Rochette is Xena Warrior Skater, oh give me a break! Is it any wonder that women's skating is churning out skinny minnies with this attitude floating around? Let her evolve on her own terms.

vCash
    She still looks better as a brunette. IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I met her. She is TINY, maybe 5' tall and small frame, her boobs are big yes but mostly it's just compared to how small she is. She has a nice body, not chunky at all, the camera doesn't do some skaters justice. I think she looks cute blonde.
    I wasn't referring to the size of her body, just her boobs. She's a great size and is totally fit - but in the figure skating world B cups are an extreme rarity. The fact is many girls who go through puberty and are gifted with a "buxom" chest can't jump. She and Victoria Volchkova prove it can be done!

vCash
    I don't even mind the blonde hair that much (although her natural color is far superior), but her eyebrows look like they've been tweezed within an inch of their lives. I hate over-tweezed eyebrows
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    I wasn't referring to the size of her body, just her boobs. She's a great size and is totally fit - but in the figure skating world B cups are an extreme rarity. The fact is many girls who go through puberty and are gifted with a "buxom" chest can't jump. She and Victoria Volchkova prove it can be done!
    Not all female figure skaters look totally flat, unless the costumes are padded in which case they might be. Miki and Rachael aren't like Elene, but they aren't built like 10 year old boys either.

vCash
    Not as bad as I thought it would be... she's very pretty.

vCash
    I bet many female skaters have normal breasts, it's just that training and competition clothing tend to flatten what the skater has, so they look like they don't have that much breast when they actually have a normal size.
    Only big boobs (which is not the majority of the population) can't get flatten so much (like Elene and Volchkova).

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    I bet many female skaters have normal breasts, it's just that training and competition clothing tend to flatten what the skater has, so they look like they don't have that much breast when they actually have a normal size.
    Only big boobs (which is not the majority of the population) can't get flatten so much (like Elene and Volchkova).
    Much beyond a B/borderline A and it's hard to hide. But because, with a lot of people, that's the first place you lose body fat/inches (disgustingly unfair as it might be) most skaters probably are a bit small.

The picture's not opening for me, but first, yes, some people have skin tones where blonde/most shades of blonde just do not work. Second, American? It's usually Eastern Europeans/Eastern Slavs who seem to grab frantically for the peroxide when it doesn't suit them. Speaking for myself here and my Slavic genes--if I decided to go blonde, I'd need someone to do it who REALLY knew hair color and they'd have to very, very particular about the shade. It's like going super-black, some skin tones simply can't carry it off. It's not trashy if you get it wrong, just odd, and if you're lightening very dark hair unless your stylist is a serious expert it can do a lot of damage stripping the color.

But hey, where's the fun in life if you don't try crazy hair colors once in a while? *must...not...go...blue...black...takes forever...to grow out...*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    This is probably true. Most skaters look different in real clothes than in skating outfits, most people look thinner for one, and also not as flat chested.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast