Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I am so looking forward to watching my fave summer show!!! Looks like your typical cast of people... can't wait to see the drama unfold lol!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Oh, either I am getting old or there is a lack of hotness on this season. One of my favorite parts of BB is looking for naked pics of the guys online!! Jeff was my favorite last year Although, I often think the pictures are underwhelming and then someone comes across much better in motion (or with their shirt off) or because of their personality.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I've never watched an episode of Big Brother in the past, but I may give this season a shot.
    The one thing that is quite different than other reality shows is that this one is shown in real time (well maybe a few days off). Therefore, the producers don't really have an opportunity to edit knowing the final outcome, or what might come to the forefront in terms of storylines along the way.

Of course, there are those who say the producers manipulate the players in various ways, push forward their own favourites and effect the outcomes, but for the most part, you're seeing it happen as it happens.

It's not a bad idea to keep tabs on one of the BB sites too, because there's so much on the 24 hour live feeds that doesn't make it to air.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Also, separate post here for separate topic - are we all agreed again this year that we will once again allow spoilers? We often know results of competitions a few hours or a day or two before they air, as well as various events/conversations in the house thanks to live feeds. For those who keep track of both, it's often hard to remember what has aired and what hasn't.

So spoilers allowed this season as usual? Show of hands?

vCash
    Raises hand in favor of allowing spoilers once again!

I think its hard to keep track of what hasn't been shown on the CBS show since sometimes I skip the CBS broadcast and just pay attention to the feeds and recaps online, depending on my schedule.

And I agree with Jenny, keeping track of the feeds via recaps online is the way to go. CBS only shows 3 hours of the week when so much happens, especially at night when the contestants are really bored and if they have won a challenge with booze, their lips and other body parts tend to get a tad bit loose!

vCash
    I don't mind spoilers either, so go for it.
    On the contrary sometimes it helps to understand the dynamics between the house guests, for those of us who missed the life feed.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Eden, in response to your question re where to see full eps - I'm not sure, so maybe someone else can help. I always just watch them live or pvr for later. I don't have access to live feeds, but keep track through summaries at several sites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The one thing that is quite different than other reality shows is that this one is shown in real time (well maybe a few days off). Therefore, the producers don't really have an opportunity to edit knowing the final outcome, or what might come to the forefront in terms of storylines along the way.

Of course, there are those who say the producers manipulate the players in various ways, push forward their own favourites and effect the outcomes, but for the most part, you're seeing it happen as it happens.

It's not a bad idea to keep tabs on one of the BB sites too, because there's so much on the 24 hour live feeds that doesn't make it to air.
    Jenny, not so sure I completely agree with you because what we see on TV and what people see on the feeds can be rather different and skewed. A couple of things
    Evil Dick - on TV, he seemed to be portrayed more as the "loving but distant" father and his antics downplayed. However, I go to a site where people post some of what they are seeing on actual feeds and his behavior was simply horrid. We saw some of it on TV but we were made to feel he wasn't so bad when he really did deserve the moniker "Evil".
    Then there was the season of Janelle/Howie combo versus the nerd herd. TV seemed to make it out that the nerd were nice and that the other side wasn't. Well apparently both groups were nasty about stuff - the nerds were more "behind your back" while Howie was "in your face" and then some. Although many like Janelle/Howie and company, I couldn't stand them at all and the nerd herd were ... well ... what was left.

I'm all for spoilers, especially since I do frequent that "other" site - sometimes I even get to chat with a few of them.
    Crazy about sports!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Totally agree deb - and that is why I think our ongoing discussion, spoilers included, is important to get the larger picture of what's going on.

When I said "we see it as it happens" I was more referring to the idea that when we see the Bachelor or Survivor, the entire game is played out and the outcome determined, so editors can put the show together accordingly. For BB, it's a bit more free form, which is an aspect of the show I enjoy.

vCash
    I'm not sure this twist will last too long. What will BB do when someone flys a banner spoiling the twist?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itofan View Post
    I'm not sure this twist will last too long. What will BB do when someone flys a banner spoiling the twist?
    Banners haven't been much of a factor in recent seasons - I think they see them coming and put them on inside lockdown if they can.

Twists are harder and harder though, because players come in looking for them. I don't think it will take long for them to figure out a) something's up, then b) that there's a saboteur and then c) who it is. Either way, it's fun to watch - first we see them fooled, then we get the laughs as they try to figure it out, and then we get the dramz when they start accusing each other.

vCash
    Eden, in response to your question re where to see full eps - I'm not sure, so maybe someone else can help. I always just watch them live or pvr for later. I don't have access to live feeds, but keep track through summaries at several sites.
    I don't remember asking a question about where to see full eps, simply because I know where, official cbs big brother site has that option once the program begins to air.
    My point was that as being one of those who don't have time to watch the life feeds, I don't mind if those who do watch it, post spoilers on this thread.

vCash
    Most of BB's twists tend to fizzle out in the first couple of weeks anyway. The only one I really liked was the twin twist of S5.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    My point was that as being one of those who don't have time to watch the life feeds, I don't mind if those who do watch it, post spoilers on this thread.
    ITA. I don't watch the live feeds but I like to read what is still happening live. Plus, any of the good stuff will be put on youtube pretty quickly.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Spoilers, PLEASE!!! The more the better!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    A good site for BB12 info :http://www.jokersupdates.com/

The forums get really.....uhmmm....interesting.

I'll probably get the LIVE feeds again too. So I'll update when I can.

Every year I say I'm not gonna waste my life on LIVE feeds...but I do anyway.

vCash
    When does BB start again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by talldrink View Post
    When does BB start again?

July 8th.

vCash
    Another great site to follow BB is TV Clubhouse In addition, we'll be playing a game there this season similar to Beefcake's "suicide" games done on Amazing Race and Survivor. Check out the Chenviction Game threads.

vCash
    So spoilers allowed this season as usual? Show of hands?
    *Raises hand!*

vCash
    *Raises hand!*
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast