Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Caroline Zhang.

I know, I know, kidding, but she seems to hate singles so much pairs could be a good move for her. She is about 5'3" with a small frame, she looks fairly grown up now, probably isn't growing anymore, and has all her triples, and her toe and sal jumps are the only ones she has decent technique on! I actually think she'd be good as a pairs skater...

vCash
    Brooke Castile

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    I would have to disagree about Denney. She was already skating pairs at 12, I believe. She briefly competed with Barrett in 2006 when she had just turned 13.
    Correct, but she didn't compete with Barrett at Sectionals that year (fall 2006). (You can watch gloryday's 2 home videos of Denney/Barrett's debut at Liberty in July 2006 on youtube.)

vCash
    Felicia Zhang

vCash
    They probably wouldn't match stylewise, but I live in hope of Tiffany Vise/Rockne Brubaker.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbg View Post
    Brooke Castile
    If she wasn't retired and didn't have such glaring technical issues, maybe. It was painful how many times she did a 1A in competition. I don't even remember what her 2A looks like. She had a good partner in Ben, but nothing ever really materialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    They probably wouldn't match stylewise, but I live in hope of Tiffany Vise/Rockne Brubaker.
    Ah, not a fan of mirror pairs anyway. I never was that impressed by her. The boyfriend (I think he's her boyfriend) she's currently skating with may not like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Caroline Zhang.

I know, I know, kidding, but she seems to hate singles so much pairs could be a good move for her. She is about 5'3" with a small frame, she looks fairly grown up now, probably isn't growing anymore, and has all her triples, and her toe and sal jumps are the only ones she has decent technique on! I actually think she'd be good as a pairs skater...
    You really think she hates singles though? I think she has rough technique and is hard on herself, but I don't get the impression she hates singles at all. Given the fact that she is continuing, I imagine she pretty much loves what she's doing. I can't see her ever doing pairs and even if she did, she would need a tallish partner. She's kind of tall looking now. I'm just curious why you think she hates it?
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 07-01-2010 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=oz01;2805504]
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post

--Angela Maxwell: also quite small and a dynamic jumper. They could mesh well.

I have seen Angela skating pairs with Steve Pottenger on practice ice a few years ago. She was gorgous as a pair skater too. Such a talent. Wish her the best this season.
    She has to re-coup from ankle/foot injury first...hope she does.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbg View Post
    Brooke Castile
    No way would Rockne skate with a partner that can't jump. I'm surprised Benjamin didn't leave her several seasons ago.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Well, I'm grateful Castile/Okolski stayed together as long as they did because they were one of my all-time favorite PAIR pairs to watch. They were very well-matched physically and related extremely well to each other on the ice, I thought.

Of course I'm hoping Rockne can find someone to match him AND have the jumps.

vCash
    Sigh. At this point I'm ready to pair Brubaker and Drew Meekins. Because at least they'd have each other.

vCash

You really think she hates singles though? I think she has rough technique and is hard on herself, but I don't get the impression she hates singles at all. Given the fact that she is continuing, I imagine she pretty much loves what she's doing. I can't see her ever doing pairs and even if she did, she would need a tallish partner. She's kind of tall looking now. I'm just curious why you think she hates it?
    She's looked miserable while skating this entire season, as far as I can tell. No expression and she just plods along the ice, and is all frustrated in the Kiss N Cry, and doesn't seem to have the right attitude at this point. But I could be wrong, she may just be a drama queen and actually still love to skate.

And Caroline's tiny

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/I...kZlfDWUdOl.jpg
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/...82fb547ca4.jpg
    http://29.media.tumblr.com/oAHKGjfZP...MRcvo1_500.jpg

Mao at 5'4" towers over her, Caroline's about the same height as Akiko and Joannie, who are both 5'2"-5'3". If she's really 5'4", then Mao must be like 5'6"-5'7", which I find unlikely...

vCash
    Oh and idk if she has any interest in pairs but Kiri Baga could be a good partner. She is fast, flexible, and only 5'1". She has a very good 3t as well, and appears to have good upper body strength needed for pairs. I could see her potentially doing both pairs and singles, and where she seems to be having some trouble getting the more difficult triples, it might not be a bad idea.

vCash
    Oh and idk if she has any interest in pairs but Kiri Baga could be a good partner. She is fast, flexible, and only 5'1". She has a very good 3t as well, and appears to have good upper body strength needed for pairs. I could see her potentially doing both pairs and singles, and where she seems to be having some trouble getting the more difficult triples, it might not be a bad idea.
    IMO, Kiri is much, much too young for Rockne.

Also, how does she have problems getting the more difficult triples? Last season was her first season trying both the 3F and 3Lz, and she landed some beautiful flips and had good Lutz attempts. Give the girl a chance to grow!

Back on topic, what about Tori Vollmer (Novice 2nd in 2010 with Zack Sidhu)? Her height is listed as 5'3", but she's very slender. She's not at Rockne's level of technical content yet, but with a year of work could definitely be right up there. Plus, she already has a lot of pairs experience.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I vote for Rena Inoue.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Back on topic, what about Tori Vollmer (Novice 2nd in 2010 with Zack Sidhu)? Her height is listed as 5'3", but she's very slender. She's not at Rockne's level of technical content yet, but with a year of work could definitely be right up there. Plus, she already has a lot of pairs experience.
    Oooh. Not bad. I like that suggestion. Obviously, not at Rockne's level, but she does have pairs experience. And she'll be 16 soon, but she doesn't look all that young unlike some of the other suggestions here.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Doesn't Lindsay Davis do pairs? She's small.

Oh and I don't know the technicalities of switching country of representation but I've heard both Polina Agafonova and Anna Ovcharova of Russia had interest in pairs, they're both 14 so obviously really young, but maybe in a few years, and they are both little and Anna is very expressive!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    You know who'd really do him justice in terms of energy and charisma? Meagan Duhamel

vCash
    IMO, Kiri is much, much too young for Rockne.

Also, how does she have problems getting the more difficult triples? Last season was her first season trying both the 3F and 3Lz, and she landed some beautiful flips and had good Lutz attempts. Give the girl a chance to grow!
    I agree about giving her a chance to grow. She's still very young and has already had success as a Junior internationally, winning both her GP's last season. She needs more time, but I think she could have a real future in singles. Splitting your time between pairs and singles just makes it hard to ever get really good in either discipline. Not every shorter girl wants to be a pair skater... Short works for singles skating too. And given her young age, there's no guarantee she's staying that short.

If Tori hasn't outgrown Rockne yet, I think she will soon. 5'3" is really pushing it for a pair guy on the shorter side, especially since she definitely doesn't look like she's filled out. She's still only 15. And as you mentioned, she doesn't have the technical content... She did a very average split double twist last year, throw doubles... Maybe she could develop further, but I think she would need a bigger partner. Zack Sidhu is listed as 6'0", and while he of course doesn't have the strength of a Sr level pair guy and seems on the thin side, I'm not sure Tori could have done that novice program with a shorter partner.

Doesn't Lindsay Davis do pairs? She's small.
    She's skating with Themistocles Leftheris apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    You know who'd really do him justice in terms of energy and charisma? Meagan Duhamel
    Perhaps you are right, and she would be the right size, but they are SO different. She is rather "truck driver", and he is the opposite with good body line and posture. They wouldn't mesh well. Her lack of a triple twist also holds her back. It will be interesting to see how she and her new partner do.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 07-01-2010 at 04:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Sigh. At this point I'm ready to pair Brubaker and Drew Meekins. Because at least they'd have each other.
    But Drew isn't a strong jumper, is he?

vCash
    And as you mentioned, she doesn't have the technical content... She did a very average split double twist last year, throw doubles...
    Correct me if I'm wrong someone....but how high/far her previous partner threw her has little bearing on what she could accomplish with someone like Rockne. All I care about is what jumps she can do on her own. Obviously a 2ax and some triple would be good.....

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast