Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    Hey everyone,

Before I go back into lurker mode, you're all very welcome for the reports. I'm just glad that I was in the right place at the right time. And it helps me to not feel so bad for having planned my vacation during Skate San Francisco two weeks ago and missing seeing Mr. Nicks there, because I got to see him in Oakland this weekend.

I do the best I can to watch as much as I can of Skate St. Moritz every year (when I'm not in class or volunteering) and some of the other competitions in the Bay Area as well, so if there are any other skaters coming to compete that you'd like reports on, drop me a pm just in case I didn't catch the post asking for reports and I'll see if I can make it.

Time to re-enter lurker mode...

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    JadeDixon basically said it all, but I saw their SP too and thought I'd lend some comments (I planned to see the competition totally unaware they'd be competing, so what a surprise! Too bad I didn't get to see mini-Ponomarenko.)

I know that pairs is super duper challenging, even if you're amazing singles skaters, so let's get that out of the way first. And I know they've only been training two weeks. So these are just observations: Visually, they do come across as a grown burly man throwing around a little girl. Part of it was that he was in all black and she in powder blue for Zorba the Greek, which had no choreography whatsoever (I know, they're still developing the program and it was just a run-through.). They definitely had that pairs thing going on where they were amazingly fast stroking around for warm-up, then slowed down once the program started. It was a very careful effort. The Throw 2Lz scratched almost to a halt and was way off axis and kinda scary, but she landed it! Then they suddenly both did amazing sbs 3toes! They did both land them, but she just kinda had a jerky landing where her leg was thrown back. Her arch is great for the death spiral, and I thought the pairs spin was fine.

I'm happy he's found a partner and is giving a go, but it was slightly awkward visually. That, and there were a few autographed items of McBru hanging around, AND I did have the thought that he went from 2x National Champion with PCS in the high 7s to PCS in the high 4s and low 5s.

But they're building! Sights set on the long term!

That, and John Nicks was incredibly tan, tiny, and the cutest thing ever.

Ugh, sorry I can't type a coherent sentence.

vCash
    That, and John Nicks was incredibly tan, tiny, and the cutest thing ever.

Thanks for the reports!

vCash
    JadeDixon and Quintuple, Thanks! and I'm completely enthused by your reports. The fact that they are staying off their a$$e$ is great

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    So can we say this pair is official yet? And move the discussion out of a thread for potential partners for Rockne?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    So can we say this pair is official yet? And move the discussion out of a thread for potential partners for Rockne?
    I vote yes.

Thanks so much JadeDixon and Quintuple! Do either of you have the scores for Marley/Brubaker's SP and FS? The official results aren't published online yet.

MacMadame has also posted a few impressions of MBMB's SP in the 2010 Skate St. Moritz thread in Kiss and Cry for those who have subscriber or season pass access: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75003
    (I've cross-posted the Skate St. Moritz reports on MBMB there.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-13-2010 at 04:19 PM.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    All righty then. Closing since Rockne has found a partner

Many thanks to JadeDixon and Quintuple for reports!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314