Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    I remember last year, a poster reported that skaters had asked Katy Taylor to skate pairs. She totally refused.
    "She totally refused" is inaccurate. I know that Taylor was considering trying pairs at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    We need to be supporting teams and encouraging them to stay together, not encouraging them the break up because someone "better" comes along.
    I'm not sure who you mean by "we" in your post, but the simple truth is that some pairs do break up when an opportunity to skate with someone "better" comes along. If pair partners do not have trust and belief in each other, then all the encouragement in the world is not going to make them stay together, let alone have long-term success as a team.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-02-2010 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I'm not sure who you mean by "we" in your post, but the simple truth is that some pairs do break up when an opportunity to skate with someone "better" comes along. If pair partners do not have trust and belief in each other, then all the encouragement in the world is not going to make them stay together, let alone have long-term success as a team.
    I was under the impression that Taylor and Felicia really enjoy their partnership... Unless Taylor was a problem and the team was on the rocks, I think it would be kind of mean to leave him now in hopes of the grass being greener. I think there would be several reasons why they may want to stay together, one being that they both live in the same area, so training together is quite convenient. And Felicia is apparently also very much into singles skating, so her training location allows her to adequately do both while balancing it around her school schedule. I'm figuring Rockne's going to want someone who's fully committed to pairs anyway. Balancing pairs and singles can work out fine for a while, but if you really want to take the next step, it seems better to focus on one or the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Rosenthal and Hecht-- seem to have struggled with pairs, although their partners contribute to that as well. I just don't think they would be good enough or have enough potential, realistically.
    I don't remember Blake doing pairs. I thought she did dance. Maybe she did both?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    I was under the impression that Taylor and Felicia really enjoy their partnership...
    So am I. I was speaking generally in the post you quoted above.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't remember Blake doing pairs. I thought she did dance.
    Blake started pairs last season (with Mac Kern) and they placed 5th in Junior at Eastern Sectionals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't remember Blake doing pairs. I thought she did dance. Maybe she did both?
    Yes, she did both (pairs more recently with Mac Kern).

vCash
    So am I. I was speaking generally in the post you quoted above.
    Oh, I know. I probably shouldn't have replied to your quote... I knew you were speaking generally.

vCash
    Rockne and Maria They would actually make me interested in pairs skating!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Rockne and Maria They would actually make me interested in pairs skating!!
    Butyrskaya?

vCash
    Mukhortova
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Butyrskaya?

Great idea!!!

vCash
    Blake started pairs last season (with Mac Kern) and they placed 5th in Junior at Eastern Sectionals.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Yes, she did both (pairs more recently with Mac Kern).
    Thank you both

vCash
    Ohhh, Moody Maria. OK. She's never the first Maria I think of. I suppose that makes more sense than Bute. Poor Blanchard- he just got her and everyone is already trying to pawn her off to someone else.

vCash
    Has anyone mentioned Kyoko Ina, assuming she still eligible? She traded up from what his name to John Z, so why not go up to an even better pair skater and equal in the looks department with Rockne ?

vCash
    "She totally refused" is inaccurate. I know that Taylor was considering trying pairs at one point.
    Aww, that's too bad that she never did. I loved Katy's skating and was about the way her career ended.

vCash
    You know who'd really do him justice in terms of energy and charisma? Meagan Duhamel
    No!!!!! Eric Radford has finally found a partner that is his technical equal. You leave them alone! Don't even mention her name!

Well, OK, I know you weren't serious, and I agree with you about both having a very energetic style. That's one of the reasons I enjoy watching Rockne. I don't have any suggestions for a new partner for him, however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Kyoko Ina, assuming she still eligible? She traded up from what his name to John Z, so why not go up to an even better pair skater and equal in the looks department with Rockne ?
    Isn't she a little...errr...old...at this point? She'll be 38 this October.

vCash
    Yes, Kyoko Ina! If not her, maybe Jamie Sale, Shelby Lyons, or Irina Rodnina!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Yes, Kyoko Ina! If not her, maybe Jamie Sale, Shelby Lyons, or Irina Rodnina!
    Ludmila Protopopov.

vCash
    Amanda Dobbs!!! She's young, she's fit, she can certainly jump, she's doing both single skating and pair skating and she's based in SoCal! She'll be a great partner for Rockne!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post
    Amanda Dobbs!!! She's young, she's fit, she can certainly jump, she's doing both single skating and pair skating and she's based in SoCal! She'll be a great partner for Rockne!
    No breaking up Dobbs and Jacobsen!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast